A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: Revolution

Page 6 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · Prev
Author Topic: Halo: Revolution (198 messages, Page 6 of 6)
Moderators: Dennis

NeX

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 08:32 PM    Msg. 176 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
What about a bubble shield. That would be extremely helpful.

Never seen one implemented in CE that wasn't silly.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 11:18 PM    Msg. 177 of 198       
Zteam had a nice one that was an AI with camo, but of course it couldn't keep out explosions.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 04:29 AM    Msg. 178 of 198       
it could work if the explosions were made with the scattering of projectiles that causes the area damage; but I doubt it would sync well and it would generate loads of projectiles.
Otherwise to make a bubble shield with camo, it has to be a vehicle with a camoufled AI as integrated gunner. I did it a while ago but never polished anything as not everybody can use decent active camouflage shaders.

NeX

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 07:35 AM    Msg. 179 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
it could work if the explosions were made with the scattering of projectiles that causes the area damage; but I doubt it would sync well and it would generate loads of projectiles.

I did this for early iterations of the incindiary/napalm grenade launcher projectiles. The projectiles would scatter on impact and attach to relevant surfaces, causing fire to continue burning. It was a take from the old projectile based flamethrower that I made. The issue wasn't so much syncing as all the particles necessary to get that flame system working well enough to be satisfied ended up capping the particle limits quickly, and dynamic light destroyed FPS and caused stuttering. Removing it looked tacky, so I took it out completely. Hence no flamethrower in the project anymore. I will definitely still release it though, just because it was fun to mess with.

As for just projectiles in a shrapnel style, getting a spread and density that is consistent and reliable would require a stupid amount of both projectiles and testing time, so definitely not gonna happen :P

Cool ideas for getting a bubble shield to work, even if it's not on purpose. I considered a deployable-shield, facing with the biped when dropped, and I may toy around with that later if I find one (or one of you kind souls posts a decent one that already exists) for larger maps, but I still don't see enough use-cases where it would be an active help to gameplay and flow without it just being "add toys because new".

Which is the same reason there won't be a plasma repeater, or any of the near infinite additions to the tagset that have come along in later years. I think the Carbine, DMR, SMG and BR add a good functionality and balance out the tagset without adding something unnecessary for the sake of it.

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 08:10 PM    Msg. 180 of 198       
i never could understand how does the flamethrower works

NeX

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 09:08 PM    Msg. 181 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
i never could understand how does the flamethrower works

The original is seemingly lazy, but had to function that way for the reasons above.

It shoots invisible projectiles, and also shoots a particle system at the same time that overlays with it. Its....hacky, but it worked.

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: May 8, 2016 08:56 PM    Msg. 182 of 198       
How do you install the floods and breakout gametype?

I moved the infection folder into my savedgames folder, but it didn't work.

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: May 9, 2016 05:50 AM    Msg. 183 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke

You sure this thread is the right place to ask this? Where did you get that "infection folder" from?

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: May 9, 2016 07:19 PM    Msg. 184 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

You sure this thread is the right place to ask this? Where did you get that "infection folder" from?

The folder for Halo Revolution Cave Beta. I extracted it, moved the maps into my map folder. Found a folder labeled "gametypes" in that was a zip folder labled "Flood", I extracted that, then looked in it, when through a folder called "savedgames" to find another folder labeled "infection".

very confusing, I know.

altis94

Posted: May 10, 2016 03:16 AM    Msg. 185 of 198       
I can't even find the download for that. Anyway, it probably has a lua script too so you need a SAPP server running that gametype given and have that script loaded. I don't know if you could even set up a server on your own though.

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: May 10, 2016 04:42 AM    Msg. 186 of 198       
I can't even find the download for that. Anyway, it probably has a lua script too so you need a SAPP server running that gametype given and have that script loaded. I don't know if you could even set up a server on your own though.

The download is on this forums page 5. You think I don't know how to set up a Lan server? Wow Man!

altis94

Posted: May 10, 2016 06:52 AM    Msg. 187 of 198       
I'm not talking about a Lan server, I'm talking about a dedicated server running SAPP.

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: May 10, 2016 08:08 PM    Msg. 188 of 198       
I'm not talking about a Lan server, I'm talking about a dedicated server running SAPP.

I'm not talking about a dedicated server either. I am trying to do a Lan server with my buddies. There is surely a way to play this gametype without a dedicated server.

altis94

Posted: May 11, 2016 06:08 AM    Msg. 189 of 198       
But there is no way to play zombies gametype on Lan.

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: May 11, 2016 08:34 AM    Msg. 190 of 198       

What makes you say that?

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: May 11, 2016 02:05 PM    Msg. 191 of 198       

What makes you say that?

Because it is unreasonable; if it was always zombies, I could understand, but a gametype... The gametype itself would not have the options to do any of the zombie functionality; it would not force players to change teams on death, and could not limit the items usable by the zombie team. You could technically have an exact option in the gametype, that causes something monitorable by the map's script, which would do it. So, have the script only have one scorpion as the only vehicle set, the game sees a named scorpion object is spawned, and nothing else, allowing the map's scripts to then start attempting to force zombie conditions. But, even when using the maps only scripts, if it was just using Stock halo, and not opensauce, the forcing team changes would be poor, and uninformed; the change_team script command MUST be executed locally, but stock halo has no proper way of tracking the local player for scripts; it would have to guess, and assume what team you where. Unless its CTF, it cannot correctly assume what team a player is on using spawn points, meaning you would have to have AI of each team in a spawn room, and check what state they're put into (attack mode, etc) when someone spawns.

Basically, unless its an OS yelo file, even if they tried to go overboard, its not going to work that well, selecting from a gametype. Chances are, its a LUA script for either SAPP or whatever the other special server app is. Especially since I don't really know anyone who will go as overboard with scripts as I will.

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: May 30, 2016 07:31 PM    Msg. 192 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

What makes you say that?

Because it is unreasonable; if it was always zombies, I could understand, but a gametype... The gametype itself would not have the options to do any of the zombie functionality; it would not force players to change teams on death, and could not limit the items usable by the zombie team. You could technically have an exact option in the gametype, that causes something monitorable by the map's script, which would do it. So, have the script only have one scorpion as the only vehicle set, the game sees a named scorpion object is spawned, and nothing else, allowing the map's scripts to then start attempting to force zombie conditions. But, even when using the maps only scripts, if it was just using Stock halo, and not opensauce, the forcing team changes would be poor, and uninformed; the change_team script command MUST be executed locally, but stock halo has no proper way of tracking the local player for scripts; it would have to guess, and assume what team you where. Unless its CTF, it cannot correctly assume what team a player is on using spawn points, meaning you would have to have AI of each team in a spawn room, and check what state they're put into (attack mode, etc) when someone spawns.

Basically, unless its an OS yelo file, even if they tried to go overboard, its not going to work that well, selecting from a gametype. Chances are, its a LUA script for either SAPP or whatever the other special server app is. Especially since I don't really know anyone who will go as overboard with scripts as I will.

No more zambies :(

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: May 31, 2016 06:10 PM    Msg. 193 of 198       
Kenny used to ignore the advice of his friends to snip un-related content in his posts.

Until kenny got snipped himself.
Edited by Super Flanker on May 31, 2016 at 06:10 PM

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 08:15 PM    Msg. 194 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

Kenny used to ignore the advice of his friends to snip un-related content in his posts.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/21/24DE750600000578-2920000-Jonas_Acevedo_Monroy_32_was_stabbed_in_the_head_by_a_rival_in_a_-a-21_1421847161573.jpg

Until kenny got snipped himself.
Edited by Super Flanker on May 31, 2016 at 06:10 PM

Poor Kenny

Leo74800

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 07:24 AM    Msg. 195 of 198       
This project is dead ? I can't download the maps.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 07:25 AM    Msg. 196 of 198       
Nex u ded?

Leo74800

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 07:41 AM    Msg. 197 of 198       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92RlPCvgjvg
Edited by Leo74800 on Apr 8, 2017 at 07:41 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 12:47 PM    Msg. 198 of 198       
Nex is alive and well, but is most certainly retired from Halo.

Page 6 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat October 21, 2017 9:06 PM 797 ms.
A Halo Maps Website