A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: Revolution

Page 2 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Halo: Revolution (198 messages, Page 2 of 6)
Moderators: Dennis

DaLode
Joined: Oct 4, 2014

Ho ho hooooly doodle!


Posted: Apr 2, 2015 03:02 PM    Msg. 36 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
It's clear you either don't care enough about this place as a community to put in enough work to make it a decent community with meaningful discussions, or you lack the ability to keep up with the demand.


I would think it's a bit of both.
The man has his own private life and responsibilities to maintain, he owes the "community" nothing. This whole Halo Online thing will eventually blow over either way, and the forum's mexican population will decrease to acceptable levels once more.


EmmanuelCD
Joined: Jan 7, 2015

Using fox avatar since 1893


Posted: Apr 2, 2015 04:28 PM    Msg. 37 of 198       
Nice work Nex, dont worry about negative coments


Lateksi
Joined: Jan 1, 2010


Posted: Apr 2, 2015 05:57 PM    Msg. 38 of 198       
Looks really good!

I have a sky suggestion for either Battle Creek or Delta Ruins. You could use the sunset sky of No Remorse or CMT Fragment V2. It always looks good.


Ken10Ness
Joined: Mar 9, 2014

DED NOT BIG SUPRIZE!!!1111


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 11:47 AM    Msg. 39 of 198       
Its like MPV3


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 02:52 PM    Msg. 40 of 198       
no


Ken10Ness
Joined: Mar 9, 2014

DED NOT BIG SUPRIZE!!!1111


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 03:43 PM    Msg. 41 of 198       
yes


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 03:45 PM    Msg. 42 of 198       
no


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013

no.


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 03:49 PM    Msg. 43 of 198       
yeah no


altis94
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 03:55 PM    Msg. 44 of 198       
Add wraith pls.


CirkuitBreaker
Joined: Feb 28, 2015


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 05:46 PM    Msg. 45 of 198       
NeX, do you take Paypal or Bitcoin?


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Don't feed the hand that bites you.


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 06:49 PM    Msg. 46 of 198       
this is for halo PC or Custom Edition ????


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 06:50 PM    Msg. 47 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
this is for halo PC or Custom Edition ????

Both


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Don't feed the hand that bites you.


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 07:00 PM    Msg. 48 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
this is for halo PC or Custom Edition ????

Both


so, there is any relase for custom edition yet?
the only i could found was for combat evolved


Edited by Kinnet on Apr 3, 2015 at 07:07 PM


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 07:33 PM    Msg. 49 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
this is for halo PC or Custom Edition ????

Both


so, there is any relase for custom edition yet?
the only i could found was for combat evolved


Edited by Kinnet on Apr 3, 2015 at 07:07 PM

You gotta use HAC's map download feature with the CE servers to get the maps.


Ubermaniac
Joined: Dec 22, 2014

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 07:46 PM    Msg. 50 of 198       
These long ass messages are annoying.
Great work NeX! I agree battle creek should be less gloomy tho.


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 07:53 PM    Msg. 51 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac
These long ass messages are annoying.
Great work NeX! I agree battle creek should be less gloomy tho.

Let's take it to next page.


Ubermaniac
Joined: Dec 22, 2014

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 07:55 PM    Msg. 52 of 198       
On it.


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013

no.


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 08:24 PM    Msg. 53 of 198       
The tagset is a little incosistent, will it change?


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 08:55 PM    Msg. 54 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
The tagset is a little incosistent, will it change?

I hope so. For a beta, it looks good, but many things feel like they don't blend with each other very well: Some sounds, models, behavior (I dun like the AR).


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Don't feed the hand that bites you.


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 09:24 PM    Msg. 55 of 198       
nothing
Edited by Kinnet on Apr 3, 2015 at 09:59 PM


Spiral
Joined: Apr 3, 2011

I hope i'm out of the way


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 09:54 PM    Msg. 56 of 198       
AH!, CE sever 74.91.126.92:2315 went down
Darn, I was having fun. Had a good amount of people to!


NeX
Joined: Apr 11, 2013


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 09:56 PM    Msg. 57 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
The tagset is a little incosistent, will it change?

I hope so. For a beta, it looks good, but many things feel like they don't blend with each other very well: Some sounds, models, behavior (I dun like the AR).


Absolutely right, and yes. Many things are currently placeholder (rocket launcher for instance, or the spartan and fp models). Keep in mind also that for the beta the main goal wasn't to "blast visuals", it's to get a lot of playtesting so I can see what assets need tweaking. The carbine is OP, for instance, and the pistol is a tad OP because it behaves like the H1 hand-cannon.

Once I get more things finalized and tweaked, I'll have a few more private and public game nights to figure out how the balance is, and then we'll go from there.


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Don't feed the hand that bites you.


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 10:00 PM    Msg. 58 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spiral
AH!, CE sever 74.91.126.92:2315 went down
Darn, I was having fun. Had a good amount of people to!


yeah me too, maybe we should donate :l


Spiral
Joined: Apr 3, 2011

I hope i'm out of the way


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 10:03 PM    Msg. 59 of 198       
Wow its back up!


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 10:03 PM    Msg. 60 of 198       
Oh God yes, the awesome new page :)


NeX
Joined: Apr 11, 2013


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 10:47 PM    Msg. 61 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spiral
Wow its back up!


Yeah I've been having some issues with the servers crashing occasionally. It's not the maps, it happens on several of the servers I have, some running all stock-maps, too. It seems like a SAPP problem, but I can't narrow it down to something particular like a map or gametype. Just seems random as of now. Might be the 9.0 beta build, I need to replace it with the official release now that it's out.


Spiral
Joined: Apr 3, 2011

I hope i'm out of the way


Posted: Apr 3, 2015 11:33 PM    Msg. 62 of 198       
I love these maps.

16 man server right now!


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013

no.


Posted: Apr 4, 2015 01:58 AM    Msg. 63 of 198       
Made a long video of the mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrq3UzKmOz4&feature=youtu.be
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Apr 4, 2015 at 02:23 AM


Oskarmandude
Joined: Mar 16, 2013

Make Halomaps Fully Hectic Again


Posted: Apr 4, 2015 04:21 AM    Msg. 64 of 198       
jajaja great tags
well ripped my friend
Edited by Oskarmandude on Apr 4, 2015 at 04:22 AM


Lateksi
Joined: Jan 1, 2010


Posted: Apr 4, 2015 04:25 AM    Msg. 65 of 198       
I played a few of the maps yesterday and had fun!
IMO Halo 2 maps need slight changes in geometry. You can't do any of the jumps you can in Halo 2. Not even the one from top mid to sniper tower on Lockout.

Lockout 1
Lockout 2
Sanctuary
Edited by Lateksi on Apr 4, 2015 at 05:33 AM


NeX
Joined: Apr 11, 2013


Posted: Apr 4, 2015 12:43 PM    Msg. 66 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
Halo 2 maps need slight changes in geometry.
Edited by Lateksi on Apr 4, 2015 at 05:33 AM


You're not wrong, but like I said in the OP, I don't model


Xander92
Joined: May 31, 2010

I`m Russian,you maggot.


Posted: Apr 4, 2015 01:47 PM    Msg. 67 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
Halo 2 maps need slight changes in geometry.
Edited by Lateksi on Apr 4, 2015 at 05:33 AM


You're not wrong, but like I said in the OP, I don't model

just make h2 jump value


NeX
Joined: Apr 11, 2013


Posted: Apr 4, 2015 02:18 PM    Msg. 68 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xander92
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
Halo 2 maps need slight changes in geometry.
Edited by Lateksi on Apr 4, 2015 at 05:33 AM


You're not wrong, but like I said in the OP, I don't model

just make h2 jump value


I'm not sure that's such a great idea, to just go throwing larger jump values in willy-nilly. No idea what effect that could have on the overall balance of the rest of the maps. Sure it might make a few jumps accessible that used to be there, but it also might break other maps that have places that the new jump value would enable you to reach.


Lateksi
Joined: Jan 1, 2010


Posted: Apr 4, 2015 02:22 PM    Msg. 69 of 198       
Maybe make only Halo 2 maps have the higher jump?


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Don't feed the hand that bites you.


Posted: Apr 4, 2015 07:01 PM    Msg. 70 of 198       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: Xander92
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
Halo 2 maps need slight changes in geometry.
Edited by Lateksi on Apr 4, 2015 at 05:33 AM


You're not wrong, but like I said in the OP, I don't model

just make h2 jump value


I'm not sure that's such a great idea, to just go throwing larger jump values in willy-nilly. No idea what effect that could have on the overall balance of the rest of the maps. Sure it might make a few jumps accessible that used to be there, but it also might break other maps that have places that the new jump value would enable you to reach.


That's why i love you'r mod, is really balanced (except for the carbine, grenade launcher)
with really god graphics, i'm glad you didn't put a OP sword :)
Edited by Kinnet on Apr 4, 2015 at 07:03 PM

 
Page 2 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Mon August 21, 2017 11:43 PM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website