A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Host 1.0.10 dedicated server for invalid cd keys.

Author Topic: Host 1.0.10 dedicated server for invalid cd keys. (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Tronk

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 11:40 PM    Msg. 1 of 14       
How do I allow all players including those with invalid cd keys / portable versions to join my dedicated server? The server has been fine with authentic installs but from the low player count and testing I could tell that many would be getting the "cd key invalid" error. How do I let all players into my server? I'm using SAPP and have tried sv_cdkeycheck false.

klasher1000

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 06:48 PM    Msg. 2 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tronk
How do I allow all players including those with invalid cd keys / portable versions to join my dedicated server? The server has been fine with authentic installs but from the low player count and testing I could tell that many would be getting the "cd key invalid" error. How do I let all players into my server? I'm using SAPP and have tried sv_cdkeycheck false.

Refer them here. http://www.microsoftstore.com/store?Action=DisplayProductSearchResultsPage&Locale=en_US&SiteID=msusa&keywords=halo%20combat%20evolved&sortby=score%20descending I know that Portable versions and piracy are popular, but seriously the game is dirt cheap. There are also other mystical, magical ways to obtain the solution through cash on their part. Use http://www.ebay.com or http://www.amazon.com and find a copy there for a little cheaper, with a slight chance that the CD key has been broadcast to the world.

NeX

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 07:27 PM    Msg. 3 of 14       
Thats not an answer. Hes not able to control the player population, he wants a server that is open to all, regardless of how they obtained the game.

Please refer to xhalo.tk, the sapp website, for more info and full commands list. I agree that they should buy the game, but its your perogitive to open up your server to whomever.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 07:53 PM    Msg. 4 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Thats not an answer. Hes not able to control the player population, he wants a server that is open to all, regardless of how they obtained the game.

Please refer to xhalo.tk, the sapp website, for more info and full commands list. I agree that they should buy the game, but its your perogitive to open up your server to whomever.

No, What Klasher is doing is correct. Either buy the game or get out.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
  • Most forums prohibit warez, cracks or illegal downloading of software and similar topics. This is in the rules and is not allowed here.

• -Dennis

Proof be here, ayo
    Edited by R93_Sniper on Apr 17, 2015 at 07:54 PM

The_Purrminator

(SBB) Michelle

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 08:20 PM    Msg. 5 of 14       
    Just use SAPP and it will be fixed.

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 09:50 PM    Msg. 6 of 14       
    Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

• Most forums prohibit warez, cracks or illegal downloading of software and similar topics. This is in the rules and is not allowed here.

• -Dennis

Proof be here, ayo

While Dennis does have a strict anti-piracy rule set, you are insane if you think telling people to buy the game is going to get people on a Halo: CE server these days or even get out. Halo: CE would be almost completely dead if it weren't for the fact you can just use keys over and over again. Face it, piracy has been the face of Halo: CE for a long time now from stealing the game to ripping copyrighted content from other games.

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 10:45 PM    Msg. 7 of 14       
    Plus you can change the key hash sent to the server easily so duplicate copies isn't a problem too.

But you should still but it, don't be that cheap. It's 20 bucks. Halo CE is better than 4 bottles of Robitussin. Not many games are.

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 11:07 PM    Msg. 8 of 14       
    Quote: --- Original message by: General_101
    Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

• -Dennis

Proof be here, ayo

While Dennis does have a strict anti-piracy rule set, you are insane if you think telling people to buy the game is going to get people on a Halo: CE server these days or even get out. Halo: CE would be almost completely dead if it weren't for the fact you can just use keys over and over again. Face it, piracy has been the face of Halo: CE for a long time now from stealing the game to ripping copyrighted content from other games.

This. I use a pirated copy, and I would love to buy the game, but you know, nowhere here in Colombia you can buy the phisical game and I don't have the means to buy a copy online nor any member of my family is gonna buy it for me.

In a year, when I'm 18, I might be able to buy it, tho. It was just to show that there are people who have pirated copies, but not because they're "cheap". If it was just the 20 dollars I would have bought the game a long time ago.

General_101

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 01:28 AM    Msg. 9 of 14       
    I would have bought the game if it had official support. The game could die tomorrow and not too many people here could do much about it. 20 dollars for a game with no real backbone and a system that relies on the goodwill of the community alone isn't exactly a game I want to sink that kind of money into. Remember, the only reason Halo isn't dead now is because of some modders and a random Bungie employee. Not Bungie itself but an employee that still cared somewhat and the community. This game is hanging by a thread.

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 02:37 AM    Msg. 10 of 14       
    but which one?

Tronk

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 04:24 AM    Msg. 11 of 14       
    Interesting discussion, I know it could technically be to do with piracy but this seems the only way to run a successful server and I'm just trying to enjoy the game. I do use SAPP, but I have a mate that uses CE portable and he still gets this CD KEY INVALID error, whilst being able to join other games on the internet. The SAPP website doesn't offer much in the way of commands that suggest they let me do this. I looked around a bit and theres a patcher for 1.0.9 versions that apparently 'cracks' the haloded.exe to let invalid key clients join. Past this I'm sort of in the dark.

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 06:08 AM    Msg. 12 of 14       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 04:25 PM

General_101

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 05:09 PM    Msg. 13 of 14       
    Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
    I would have bought the game if it had official support. The game could die tomorrow and not too many people here could do much about it. 20 dollars for a game with no real backbone and a system that relies on the goodwill of the community alone isn't exactly a game I want to sink that kind of money into. Remember, the only reason Halo isn't dead now is because of some modders and a random Bungie employee. Not Bungie itself but an employee that still cared somewhat and the community. This game is hanging by a thread.

If that were true, then there would only be Halo Custom Edition players and no Halo PC players. The Halo PC server lobby begs to differ with that perspective.

Does it have more players than Halo: CE or just enough to be considered a cybernetic zombie?

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 05:19 PM    Msg. 14 of 14       
    Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

If that were true, then there would only be Halo Custom Edition players and no Halo PC players. The Halo PC server lobby begs to differ with that perspective.

Does it have more players than Halo: CE or just enough to be considered a cybernetic zombie?

just enough to compel him to say things like that

so probably 2

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 9:57 AM 218 ms.
    A Halo Maps Website