A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Problem in map section

Author Topic: Problem in map section (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

King

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 06:59 AM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Hi guys i m here with a problem
I mod other maps with HEK
But my problem is when i edit them they do not appear in map folder but when i open halo and search for that map i can get it , and when i try to run my halo as "Run as administrator" then i cant able to see that map... My one of friend just given me an advice to make your HEK to run as admin and i made guerilla , Tool to run as admin (not sepien because when i run it as admin ,then i cant able to import tags from that ) and compile my map and see the halo folder then it appears . when i open the halo game (in non Run as administrator mode ) I can see different features in map and when i run it as Run as administrator it shows different features and when i upload it to my server then accept me all can join and they sees the "Run as administrator"'s modded features
So Do anyone can help me out

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 08:28 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
Using tool you need to compile your map using the command: build-cache-file <scenario-name>

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 08:31 AM    Msg. 3 of 8       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 04:25 PM

King

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 08:57 AM    Msg. 4 of 8       
I uses "build-cache-file <file senerio-name>" only to Compile

I uses different name for maps like map is "battleground.map" and its directory is "tags\Levels\battleground\battleground.senerio" i made "battleground_final.map" and makes its directory "tags\Levels\battleground\battleground_final.senerio"
and in tool all thing loads fine...

Quote: I mod existing maps with the HEK.
When I edit them, they do not appear in the maps folder, but I can play the map in Halo. However, when I try to run Halo using "Run as administrator", then I am unable to see that map... One of my friends recommended that I make the HEK run as admin, and so I ran Guerilla and Tool as admin (but not Sapien, because when I run that as admin, I am unable to import tags from it) and compiled my map. Then, the map appears in the maps folder and also in the game, without running the game in administrator mode. While playing the map, I cannot see the new features I added to it, unless I run the game in administrator mode.for example when i run HALO normally i can see base's ground blue color but when i run the HALO as run as administrator then the base's ground change into grey .But when I upload the map to my server and other players join, they see the changes I made but i cant able to join server , It shows "Unable to join".

Edited by King on Apr 21, 2015 at 08:58 AM
Edited by King on Apr 21, 2015 at 09:12 AM

Flash44x

What would you have your arbiter do?

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 12:40 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Any tags that got saved without administator permission are saved in
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program files\Microsoft games\halo custom edition
So you might wanna retrieve any lost files from that folder.

To fix the problem you might wanna try to completely turn off the administrator permission check.

You can turn it off completely by making the following change in regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Change the value for EnableLUA to 0.
UAC Enabled = 1
UAC Disabled =0

Then reboot. But you can't use windows 8 Metro Store apps until you re-enable it again.

King

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 05:48 AM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Ok i found my some Missing maps here:
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program files\Microsoft games\halo custom edition
Encluding my that map which had run as admininstraotor and i deleted from there and i set
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Change the value for EnableLUA to 0.
UAC Enabled = 1
UAC Disabled =0

And rebooted , But when i try to join the server now it gives me the same thing "Unable to join" so do i have to make the map again to join it in the server ?

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 10:35 AM    Msg. 7 of 8       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 04:25 PM

King

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 05:54 AM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Thanks Flash44x
The matter was fixed

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 4:42 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website