A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Anoying help thread 2

Author Topic: Anoying help thread 2 (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 07:10 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Hey guys, sorry but im having a lot of problems with gbx models and shaders for a custome sky, im making a coste that meets with far land, similar to lumoria or A50 level, but i dont really get it like i want

and want it like this

i try using separate jms files for the water but still doesnt work. Any ideas how i can do it?

The other thing is related to the other thread, i made a sp bsp with a little bit high poly (20,000) so i made portals to make it optimized on the game but when i open sapien it apears like this

the threshold for bsp is 16,000 ~ polys, should i qet rid of the portals or theres another solution?

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Apr 29, 2015 01:59 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
thats what i did,in fact i add a 3x3 portals plus 6 exact portals, but its rendering the ones that are not in field view,last time i made pportals i hade the same problem, but the bsp was only 8,000 polys so i get rid of the portals and that made the solution, but when i delete the portal planes tool doesnt compile so wtf!!

I will try that to put the water in the bsp, but i dont think it will work

---nope, its worst
Edited by EmmanuelCD on May 2, 2015 at 03:52 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed April 8, 2020 12:16 PM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website