A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Sound Problem

Author Topic: Sound Problem (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

King

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 03:51 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
I made a room where i wants to play some musics , so i made a .sound tag which is 2-4MB and when i put it I set it in .sound_scenery tag and add in senerio , the senerio closes . so any one can say how to play a sound only in 1 room of size 2-4 MB ?
(I MEAN WHOLE METHOD)

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 07:02 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 04:24 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 01:23 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
That isn't a particularly helpful post sparky. Seeing as you have overloaded the requestee with too much input.

Spartan II

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 01:34 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
When you say it closes, do you mean that Sapien closes down when you try to open after adding the sound tag, or does it close down, when you add it ior place it in Sapien?

Alternatively, you could make a continuous sound script. You could make a script that plays the sound when going into a trigger volume, (presumably in the room), and a script that stops it when you go out of the room, and hit a trigger volume.
Edited by Spartan II on Apr 30, 2015 at 01:34 PM
Edited by Spartan II on Apr 30, 2015 at 01:44 PM

NeX

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 07:24 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
If it crashes out/closes suddenly on adding the tag, it's likely corrupt in some way. Check your CE main directory for debug.txt and find the last report (or make sapien crash again to make sure it IS the last report) and maybe that will tell you more about what the problem is. Sometimes the debug.txt will give you very clear instructions on what to do, i.e. "this tag is corrupt" or "need to get the following tags: xxx\xx\xx\xxxxxx". Other times it gives you a bummer of an error code about some internal issue it had, where the data itself is the problem. Sometimes those error codes are common and easily fixable if you find a thread about them (google search anyone?), other times they're fairly ambiguous and mean little other than "something is wrong, brah".

Either way, looking in the debug.txt can't hurt, and it might be a simple fix.

Also, I remember suggesting to you using a background sound for that room, did you not try that and decide to just push forward with the method that wasn't working at all?

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 10:16 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 04:24 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed October 23, 2019 1:09 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website