A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo CE/Halomaps history?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Halo CE/Halomaps history? (65 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

S12Spark
Joined: Apr 25, 2015


Posted: May 15, 2015 12:33 PM    Msg. 1 of 65       
Alright, I just wanted to know a timeline sort of what things have happened when. So for each year you could list significant events. I cannot seem to remember all of what happened in each year, but I would love to remember. Can anyone fill me in? Especially about opensauce and other projects.


S12Spark
Joined: Apr 25, 2015


Posted: May 15, 2015 12:36 PM    Msg. 2 of 65       
Cannot tell if sarcasm or you are being serious, if it is not sarcasm, I truly appreciate it.

So far it looks great I really appreciate it!
Edited by S12Spark on May 15, 2015 at 01:01 PM


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: May 15, 2015 12:38 PM    Msg. 3 of 65       
in 2010 ce3 was born
everyone stopped announcing things elsewhere


EmmanuelCD
Joined: Jan 7, 2015

End my suffering


Posted: May 15, 2015 02:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 65       
And lumoria? Wheres lumoria? You should put it in 2005


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: May 15, 2015 02:48 PM    Msg. 5 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
And lumoria? Wheres lumoria? You should put it in 2005

Lumoria was started in late 2009, announced in early 2010, and fully released in 2012 by TM Mapping Team. We also released ep1. in late 2010, and the rest in late 2012 for clarification.

Other notable events:
-CMT with Il Duce, when he created MPG3 maps.
-CE3 started in 2010 by MattDratt and SlowBullet
-Selentic and Massacre releasing Revelations
-Aether lightmap tool created in 2009(?) by FireSycthe?
-OS/Yelo created by Korner Studios - not sure exact year, want to say 2007 was when it first started with the original yelo dll
-TSC:E released in 2015

Heres some more nostalgia and random stuff in a thred I made a long time ago, some links are dead: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=44644


EmmanuelCD
Joined: Jan 7, 2015

End my suffering


Posted: May 15, 2015 02:52 PM    Msg. 6 of 65       
I thought it was older, the most recent is Sierra 117 by Mat Drat


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013


Posted: May 15, 2015 03:02 PM    Msg. 7 of 65       
Here is the earliest version of halomaps, dating back to july 2004.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040727012433/http://www.halomaps.org/


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: May 16, 2015 11:27 AM    Msg. 8 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Here is the earliest version of halomaps, dating back to july 2004.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040727012433/http://www.halomaps.org/


Rip cortana.org


teh lag
Joined: May 6, 2008


Posted: May 16, 2015 01:12 PM    Msg. 9 of 65       
Nobody must forget H2CE, which was born in 2004 and died in 2005. A huge amount of the stuff you can do in the game beyond what the HEK tutorial tells you was first applied on a large scale by them. Scripting, injecting custom animations, synchronizing devices over the network...

It is also very easy to forget that for the first ~1.5 years of HaloCE's existence, we did not have the tags needed to build singleplayer maps at all, nor to add the "singleplayer" menu option back to the main menu. It wasn't until Kornman00 released the solo UI widgets (and then later TheGhost made public the full solo tagset) that those things were even an option for the community at large. Similarly, do not forget when we finally solved all of the riddles protecting Km00's scripting bible... (All of those would have been in 2005).


renegade343
Joined: Jun 26, 2012

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer


Posted: May 16, 2015 03:05 PM    Msg. 10 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Didn't some of the team get recruited by Bungie?

Someone who used to be in CMT, if I remember right...?


Also, I wrote this manuscript for the history of CE3; I'm going to rewrite this in the near future, but until then, this might be useful to you :3


EmmanuelCD
Joined: Jan 7, 2015

End my suffering


Posted: May 16, 2015 03:31 PM    Msg. 11 of 65       
https://web.archive.org/web/20040727012433/http://www.halomaps.org/

aghh...its so cute

neh, in 2004 i was still playing with my n64
Edited by EmmanuelCD on May 16, 2015 at 03:36 PM


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

FeelsGoodMan


Posted: May 16, 2015 09:50 PM    Msg. 12 of 65       
2015 - Halo Online almost breaks the whole community

Btw
Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag
Nobody must forget H2CE, which was born in 2004 and died in 2005. A huge amount of the stuff you can do in the game beyond what the HEK tutorial tells you was first applied on a large scale by them. Scripting, injecting custom animations, synchronizing devices over the network...

It is also very easy to forget that for the first ~1.5 years of HaloCE's existence, we did not have the tags needed to build singleplayer maps at all, nor to add the "singleplayer" menu option back to the main menu. It wasn't until Kornman00 released the solo UI widgets (and then later TheGhost made public the full solo tagset) that those things were even an option for the community at large. Similarly, do not forget when we finally solved all of the riddles protecting Km00's scripting bible... (All of those would have been in 2005).


What happened to "the ghost"? He still alive ? I've heard a lot of him
Edited by Kinnet on May 16, 2015 at 11:28 PM


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: May 17, 2015 10:10 AM    Msg. 13 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

2015 - Halo Online almost breaks the whole community

Btw
Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag
Nobody must forget H2CE, which was born in 2004 and died in 2005. A huge amount of the stuff you can do in the game beyond what the HEK tutorial tells you was first applied on a large scale by them. Scripting, injecting custom animations, synchronizing devices over the network...

It is also very easy to forget that for the first ~1.5 years of HaloCE's existence, we did not have the tags needed to build singleplayer maps at all, nor to add the "singleplayer" menu option back to the main menu. It wasn't until Kornman00 released the solo UI widgets (and then later TheGhost made public the full solo tagset) that those things were even an option for the community at large. Similarly, do not forget when we finally solved all of the riddles protecting Km00's scripting bible... (All of those would have been in 2005).


What happened to "the ghost"? He still alive ? I've heard a lot of him
Edited by Kinnet on May 16, 2015 at 11:28 PM


I think he had some part in modacity I could be wrong. Apart from that I guess he has moved since to greener pastures.


bourrin33
Joined: Oct 19, 2009

HEK not installed tho


Posted: May 17, 2015 01:07 PM    Msg. 14 of 65       
You forgot about mattdratt who created haloCEripper when SPV2 was fully leaked, and a bunch of map ripped etc ,in 2009 or something, which I think started the mexican outbreak with sphynxbio and friends.
Edited by bourrin33 on May 17, 2015 at 01:07 PM


Darkzealotx
Joined: Jun 15, 2014


Posted: May 17, 2015 01:36 PM    Msg. 15 of 65       
Also in 2008 we formed DZMT and it's follow ups(GCT/TCEM). We were primarily a modding/mapping team. But we also made a record animatios tool(wich was a horrible fail). And of course the infamous DZMT unprotecter but I guess we all know how that story went.
Edited by Darkzealotx on May 17, 2015 at 01:39 PM


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: May 17, 2015 02:37 PM    Msg. 16 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

2015 - Halo Online almost breaks the whole community

Btw
Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag
Nobody must forget H2CE, which was born in 2004 and died in 2005. A huge amount of the stuff you can do in the game beyond what the HEK tutorial tells you was first applied on a large scale by them. Scripting, injecting custom animations, synchronizing devices over the network...

It is also very easy to forget that for the first ~1.5 years of HaloCE's existence, we did not have the tags needed to build singleplayer maps at all, nor to add the "singleplayer" menu option back to the main menu. It wasn't until Kornman00 released the solo UI widgets (and then later TheGhost made public the full solo tagset) that those things were even an option for the community at large. Similarly, do not forget when we finally solved all of the riddles protecting Km00's scripting bible... (All of those would have been in 2005).


What happened to "the ghost"? He still alive ? I've heard a lot of him
Edited by Kinnet on May 16, 2015 at 11:28 PM


I think he had some part in modacity I could be wrong. Apart from that I guess he has moved since to greener pastures.


He hosts and pays for Modacity afaik.


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: May 17, 2015 03:55 PM    Msg. 17 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33

You forgot about mattdratt who created haloCEripper when SPV2 was fully leaked, and a bunch of map ripped etc ,in 2009 or something, which I think started the mexican outbreak with sphynxbio and friends.
Edited by bourrin33 on May 17, 2015 at 01:07 PM


I didn't leak spv2 actually


S12Spark
Joined: Apr 25, 2015


Posted: May 17, 2015 04:42 PM    Msg. 18 of 65       
I remember sphinxbio lol. Meh, I'm glad everyone has gotten over the ripping crap, it's better to let people learn off your work and have a few idiots stuff it into bloodgulch than to keep it and let no one learn from it.


S12Spark
Joined: Apr 25, 2015


Posted: May 17, 2015 06:10 PM    Msg. 19 of 65       
Who were you originally? I feel like I remember your personality somehow. Is gamma927 gone?


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: May 17, 2015 06:43 PM    Msg. 20 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheSenpaiModder
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
I didn't leak spv2 actually

And I totally didn't manipulated the things that happened on Halomaps behind the scenes for my amusement for years. That era where everyone had a tantrum over ripped assets was the best.


HaloCERipper was more about the tags then the maps. I don't know who leaked the spv2 maps, but e3po released the cmt spv2 tagset and I merely just rehosted it. Anything else on the site was a blind rip of zteams h2 tags or spv1


ODX
Joined: Jul 26, 2007

A rare sight, indeed.


Posted: May 17, 2015 08:01 PM    Msg. 21 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark
Is gamma927 gone?
No. He and I still lurk about.


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013


Posted: May 17, 2015 08:23 PM    Msg. 22 of 65       
I have all of gammas animations at my disposal and they are all being cleaned up and polished for my dreamweb project. he is also working on new stuff very slowly from what I know.


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: May 17, 2015 11:08 PM    Msg. 23 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheSenpaiModder
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
I didn't leak spv2 actually

And I totally didn't manipulated the things that happened on Halomaps behind the scenes for my amusement for years. That era where everyone had a tantrum over ripped assets was the best.


Do we want to know who you are


S12Spark
Joined: Apr 25, 2015


Posted: May 17, 2015 11:11 PM    Msg. 24 of 65       
Any tips on animation? how did you become so good? Did you practice animating without proper nodes and whatnot for halo custom edition and other game engines, or did you start with proper rigging and whatnot to go into a game engine?

I failed to quote ODX.
Edited by S12Spark on May 17, 2015 at 11:11 PM


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: May 18, 2015 05:33 AM    Msg. 25 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
I have all of gammas animations at my disposal and they are all being cleaned up and polished for my dreamweb project. he is also working on new stuff very slowly from what I know.


Nice plug.


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: May 18, 2015 06:08 AM    Msg. 26 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheSenpaiModder
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Do we want to know who you are

Why would you? I'm just a random -snip- on the internet. :^)



Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: May 18, 2015 06:34 AM    Msg. 27 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheSenpaiModder
I'm still standing by what I said about being a random bitch on the internet just like you're a random asshole on the internet. :^)


"We were all butt holes once, but some of us got over it."


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013


Posted: May 18, 2015 06:41 AM    Msg. 28 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
I have all of gammas animations at my disposal and they are all being cleaned up and polished for my dreamweb project. he is also working on new stuff very slowly from what I know.


Nice plug.


How is it plugging if I'm answering his question? What if he wanted the tags? Now he knows where they will be when they are done. There is no problem with that.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: May 18, 2015 06:43 AM    Msg. 29 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
I have all of gammas animations at my disposal and they are all being cleaned up and polished for my dreamweb project. he is also working on new stuff very slowly from what I know.


Nice plug.


How is it plugging if I'm answering his question? What if he wanted the tags? Now he knows where they will be when they are done. There is no problem with that.


Perhaps that was a little harsh but please try and avoid sparkyism.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: May 18, 2015 06:53 AM    Msg. 30 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheSenpaiModder
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Perhaps that was a little harsh but please try and avoid sparkyism.

Flanker you're an idiot.


So I haxed your skype and ermmmm well your prof pic speaks for it'self.




Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: May 18, 2015 07:02 AM    Msg. 31 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheSenpaiModder
I'm still standing by what I said about being a random -snip- on the internet just like you're a random -snip- on the internet. :^)

<3


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: May 18, 2015 07:14 AM    Msg. 32 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: d4rklight
Quote: --- Original message by: TheSenpaiModder
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Perhaps that was a little harsh but please try and avoid sparkyism.

Flanker you're an idiot.
Ikr? He's just a douche.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsqMF001BYA

Try harder.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: May 18, 2015 07:42 AM    Msg. 33 of 65       
So what exactly are you saying?

I suck?

Edited by SS Flanker on Dec 33, 6969 at 04:20 AM

Lel 1v1 me fgt u will never get into faze clan with that attitude.


Edited by SS Flanker on May 18, 2015 at 07:49 AM


DaLode
Joined: Oct 4, 2014

Ho ho hooooly doodle!


Posted: May 18, 2015 10:54 AM    Msg. 34 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Wasn't there also a whole drama about a guy leaking tags because the owner of those tags didn't want to go out with him?


Was this perhaps the Yoko - Grunts debacle?


Cheddars
Joined: Oct 30, 2010

Rave to the Grave.


Posted: May 18, 2015 11:42 AM    Msg. 35 of 65       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Wasn't there also a whole drama about a guy leaking tags because the owner of those tags didn't want to go out with him?


Was this perhaps the Yoko - Grunts debacle?


Lmao. Was this the halo 3 elite tags?

Edit: its all coming back to me :D

Quote: You know what, Robert, I don't have to put up with your crap. I LOVE her, and you have NO RIGHT to stand in my way. I just want what is in her best interest, and for her to by happy. That's more than you could have ever said. Come at me old man, I'm ready for anything.

You should really learn to listen some time, learn to love...


Edited by Cheddars on May 18, 2015 at 11:50 AM

 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Tue October 22, 2019 10:06 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website