A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Is halo ce dead?

Author Topic: Is halo ce dead? (29 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

emoose
Joined: Apr 4, 2015

Halo Online


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 07:48 AM    Msg. 1 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: michaelwilliam
When i was on halo ce server browser it seems that we got less people playing halo ce why is that?




Halo ce died because of halo online and it's a good thing.


There are more people playing multiplayer on there.
Edited by emoose on Jun 7, 2015 at 08:17 AM


Mourinho
Joined: Jun 7, 2015

elo


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 08:48 AM    Msg. 2 of 29       
Idk where you are from but you could try later in the day when Latino's(90% of halo's population) are online. But even then most have moved on to halo online sadly and it will probably die completely when halo 5 comes out. So bad luck.


Spartan II
Joined: Nov 25, 2014


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 10:00 AM    Msg. 3 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: emoose

Quote: --- Original message by: michaelwilliam
When i was on halo ce server browser it seems that we got less people playing halo ce why is that?




Halo ce died because of halo online and it's a good thing.


There are more people playing multiplayer on there.
Edited by emoose on Jun 7, 2015 at 08:17 AM


Yes, there are people playing there. Illegally.

I don't think that CE is dead. If it were to die, it would not be a good thing, it would be really sad.

CE has a great community, with at least 2000 active players online at least once a week, not bad for an 11 year old game.


altis94
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 10:13 AM    Msg. 4 of 29       
Halo died back in 2007.


MoooseGuy
Joined: Aug 10, 2008

I Approve This Message.


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 10:44 AM    Msg. 5 of 29       


A game can keep living for decades if there are at least a few players.

Therefore, Halo CE will never "die", but it will reach (or has already reached) the point of complete obscurity.


emoose
Joined: Apr 4, 2015

Halo Online


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 11:18 AM    Msg. 6 of 29       
let it die forget the past.


Juzo
Joined: Jul 1, 2014


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 11:23 AM    Msg. 7 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: emoose
let it die forget the past.
Can you leave please and never come back?


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Ded.


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 12:30 PM    Msg. 8 of 29       
The whole halo series are amazing and if you don't have a xbox, CE will be your best (and only) alternative to feel like the master chief, that's why the 90% of players are Latinos, but now with halo online,only Latinos with bad computers will keep playing CE (like me). That's the true sad. Personally I will never leave halo ce


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013

Apparently not allowed to move on


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 02:04 PM    Msg. 9 of 29       
GUYS I CANT FIND HALO 3 OR HALO 1 CAMPAIGN FOR HALO ONLINE PLEASE LINK ME HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MOVE WITHOUT THAT STUFF DONT FORGET

SNOW GROVE

ZANZIBAR

CMT SPV3

PLEASE AND THANK YOU


Quote: --- Original message by: emoose
There are more people playing multiplayer on there.
Edited by emoose on Jun 7, 2015 at 08:17 AM


This is such a big lie and you know it. 10 people and 3 barely active servers with people is not more people.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Jun 7, 2015 at 02:06 PM


renegade343
Joined: Jun 26, 2012

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 02:12 PM    Msg. 10 of 29       
If you're complaining about the fact that no one is posting new content, Halo CE developers are pretty quiet around this time of the year because they're getting ready to present their progress in Halo CE3... calm yo' tits and do your research please. Thanks ^^


emoose
Joined: Apr 4, 2015

Halo Online


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 02:37 PM    Msg. 11 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

GUYS I CANT FIND HALO 3 OR HALO 1 CAMPAIGN FOR HALO ONLINE PLEASE LINK ME HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MOVE WITHOUT THAT STUFF DONT FORGET

SNOW GROVE

ZANZIBAR

CMT SPV3

PLEASE AND THANK YOU


Quote: --- Original message by: emoose
There are more people playing multiplayer on there.
Edited by emoose on Jun 7, 2015 at 08:17 AM


This is such a big lie and you know it. 10 people and 3 barely active servers with people is not more people.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Jun 7, 2015 at 02:06 PM
Mark my words once forge, server browser are here you will see that it will get bigger than halo ce.


Caesar
Joined: Jul 1, 2013


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 02:40 PM    Msg. 12 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: emoose
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

GUYS I CANT FIND HALO 3 OR HALO 1 CAMPAIGN FOR HALO ONLINE PLEASE LINK ME HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MOVE WITHOUT THAT STUFF DONT FORGET

SNOW GROVE

ZANZIBAR

CMT SPV3

PLEASE AND THANK YOU


Quote: --- Original message by: emoose
There are more people playing multiplayer on there.
Edited by emoose on Jun 7, 2015 at 08:17 AM


This is such a big lie and you know it. 10 people and 3 barely active servers with people is not more people.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Jun 7, 2015 at 02:06 PM
Mark my words once forge, server browser are here you will see that it will get bigger than halo ce.
halo online FTW.


S12Spark
Joined: Apr 25, 2015


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 03:16 PM    Msg. 13 of 29       
Halo online will never ever have the same footprint CE did, unless it is officially released with an editing kit announced at E3 for the whole world, which I HIGHLY doubt.


Mourinho
Joined: Jun 7, 2015

elo


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 04:03 PM    Msg. 14 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: SilentBlade
Quote: --- Original message by: emoose
let it die forget the past.
Can you leave please and never come back?
Please go with him if he does.

Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark
Halo online will never ever have the same footprint CE did, unless it is officially released with an editing kit announced at E3 for the whole world, which I HIGHLY doubt.

No. The only reason why halo ce isnt dead yet is because it's so easy to pirate the game. Thats why latino's dominate the game. If it wasnt for them the game would have been dead a long time ago and you all know it.


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Ded.


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 04:39 PM    Msg. 15 of 29       


S12Spark
Joined: Apr 25, 2015


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 05:30 PM    Msg. 16 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mourinho
Quote: --- Original message by: SilentBlade
Quote: --- Original message by: emoose
let it die forget the past.
Can you leave please and never come back?
Please go with him if he does.

Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark
Halo online will never ever have the same footprint CE did, unless it is officially released with an editing kit announced at E3 for the whole world, which I HIGHLY doubt.

No. The only reason why halo ce isnt dead yet is because it's so easy to pirate the game. Thats why latino's dominate the game. If it wasnt for them the game would have been dead a long time ago and you all know it.


I am not just talking about multiplayer, I am also talking about content creators. Their will never be as large as a footprint of CE on halo online unless it is released in most regions.


FtDSpartn
Joined: May 1, 2009

Thank you.


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 05:30 PM    Msg. 17 of 29       
If only.

If Halo 3 ever did come out on the PC with a fully-unlocked HEK I'd be all over it.

One can only dream.


Spartan 627
Joined: May 10, 2015

Spartan-627 (Formerly known as Prisoner 627)


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 06:04 PM    Msg. 18 of 29       
Halo Custom Edition will never die because there will be some geeks like me who will still play even if computers become something of the past...

Son "Dad what's are you doing?"
Father "I'm playing an awesome game called HALO CE."
Son " What is that thing your using."
Father "It's called a computer."
Son "What nobody uses computers anymore!"
Edited by Spartan 627 on Jun 7, 2015 at 06:05 PM


bourrin33
Joined: Oct 19, 2009

HEK not installed tho


Posted: Jun 7, 2015 06:27 PM    Msg. 19 of 29       
No, Halo CE is not dead, we have plenty of troll accounts to keep it alive


Edited by bourrin33 on Jun 7, 2015 at 06:28 PM


Bungie LLC
Joined: Dec 29, 2013

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter


Posted: Jun 8, 2015 12:14 AM    Msg. 20 of 29       
WE RIDE TOGETHER, WE DIE TOGETHER

HALO CE NEVER DIES!

it's the best thing we've got as far as a semi-official release of a completely customizable blam! engine. if you prefer unreleased obscure russian beta games with microsoft marketing smeared all over it, go right ahead. meanwhile, i'll keep enjoying this gem as long as i fancy


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013

Apparently not allowed to move on


Posted: Jun 8, 2015 01:34 AM    Msg. 21 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
WE RIDE TOGETHER, WE DIE TOGETHER

HALO CE NEVER DIES!

it's the best thing we've got as far as a semi-official release of a completely customizable blam! engine. if you prefer unreleased obscure russian beta games with microsoft marketing smeared all over it, go right ahead. meanwhile, i'll keep enjoying this gem as long as i fancy


Honestly it can't be put any better way.


Pepzee
Joined: Sep 9, 2010

Firefight Descent II might be alive.


Posted: Jun 8, 2015 02:29 AM    Msg. 22 of 29       
That's right Halo CE died today, 8 June 2015. RIP

Heck, people have been talking about this and this for at least the past 5 years! What makes this year any different?
Edited by Pepzee on Jun 8, 2015 at 02:36 AM


S12Spark
Joined: Apr 25, 2015


Posted: Jun 8, 2015 02:31 AM    Msg. 23 of 29       
Long live HCE and the content creators.


PopeAK49
Joined: Dec 18, 2013

I'm a living, breathing sentient tank!


Posted: Jun 8, 2015 03:26 AM    Msg. 24 of 29       
No. That halo guy is still alive.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Jun 8, 2015 10:14 AM    Msg. 25 of 29       
Halo CE is not dead, it's just missing in action......


SGT Arroyo
Joined: Jul 23, 2014

golden


Posted: Jun 8, 2015 10:41 AM    Msg. 26 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Halo CE is not dead, it's just missing in action......
like Weiner wen will he come back creepy thing....


Grunter
Joined: Apr 6, 2015

Can't wait for Heretic Hunt!


Posted: Jun 8, 2015 06:43 PM    Msg. 27 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: michaelwilliam
When i was on halo ce server browser it seems that we got less people playing halo ce why is that?



Nope, as long as you can find a few server with at least 10 its not dead. (If you thing being dead is like one server with 4 or 5 people.)


vmt
Joined: Jan 29, 2008


Posted: Jun 8, 2015 07:28 PM    Msg. 28 of 29       
I have been on this forum since 2006 (under a different name) and even back then people were saying this lol. It truly has gone down in terms of population considerably since then.


Grunter
Joined: Apr 6, 2015

Can't wait for Heretic Hunt!


Posted: Jun 8, 2015 07:31 PM    Msg. 29 of 29       
Ahh.. I remember the old CE days. I remember getting up at like 3 in the morning to play on my brothers laptop.

 

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread





Time: Sun July 23, 2017 12:47 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website