A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Pegasus Fixed

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Pegasus Fixed (45 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/a/pVhmSgX

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 07:28 PM    Msg. 1 of 45       
I’m speaking of course about the neverending disaster of h4_pegasus.Halonimator attempt to remake H5 pegasus for halo ce which was going great until the multiplayer component decided to never work consistently since launch day.The result has been a pretty significant loss of trust for Halonimator, which is not a great position for halonimator to be in, having only recently taken over Halomaps Halo CE legacy.Halonimator already tried to make amends by offering the Newville 2.0 and Reactor to everyone afflicted by h4_pegasus woes, but this PEGASUS re-release is going above and beyond.

WIP:

Edited by Halonimator on Jun 11, 2015 at 07:29 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 07:30 PM    Msg. 2 of 45       
That skybox is looking really nice and the map looks a lot better. I suggest modifying the tags you use and make some sort of h5 tagset.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 07:32 PM    Msg. 3 of 45       
Wow. This looks great. Any chance we might see it in CE3?

MrChromed

Developer on SPv3 and ShadowMods Team.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 09:40 PM    Msg. 4 of 45       
Everything looks great but just 1 suggestion:

- Why are the clouds behind the ring?. Try to fix that.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 10:03 PM    Msg. 5 of 45       
WOW!

Looks really nice

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 04:54 AM    Msg. 6 of 45       
There are clouds rendered behind the ring and planet.

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 08:41 AM    Msg. 7 of 45       
More like bad shaders.

SOI_7

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 09:06 AM    Msg. 8 of 45       
Looks good. Here are few suggestions:

1) Fix these UV problems. The texture doesn't match with the geometry:

2) Change the clouds so that they stay ABOVE the ring and the planet

3) Make the weapons more H5ish. Reskin the AR and the Magnum, change the DMR and BR scope, reskin them. Record and use the H5 sounds from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCYeJoVrndg&index=5&list=LLX7EaX7BWm2FczV3JboqT5Q

4) Try to make a H5 HUD

5) Light Rifle? I like it

NeX

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 10:00 AM    Msg. 9 of 45       
RE UV the whole map - use textures that actually smoothly tile (not just in a line). Right now it looks like you're using a total of maybe 2 different textures for the whole map - i know because I use those textures as well, they're from Reach/H4 and are human textures from both ONI levels and the UNSC Infinity's interior.

They don't stack very well, especially the one that uses that big pipe/hose thing. they're great for strips, but don't just paste lines of a texture that only tiles horizontally all over the whole map. If you have those, you likely have a lot of other ones, so get a little diversity going on.

If you aren't sure what I mean, here's an example from when I reskinned Gridiron

I'm not going to say that mine is perfect by any means, but it certainly has a dynamic and follows a general aesthetic. It's likely much too bright, and has since been changed, but all in all that's what I would try to shoot for in this map - it'll look much more cohesive than just using the same material/texture on every surface and saying "done".

PS - you can't just slap HR and H4 textures into a CE map and have them look good - the diffuse maps were made with specular and normals/micronormals in mind, not to mention a whole different kind of multipurpose mapping, so you'll need to heavily edit them in photoshop and probably go over the diffuse, specular (can usually get stuck in the alpha channel of the difuse for CE with a little tweaking), and normal maps. If you need help, I'd happily send you some of the textures I've already modified to work with CE, since all the stuff I use/modify/create is public and whatnot.
Edited by NeX on Jun 12, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Halonimator

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 10:10 AM    Msg. 10 of 45       
Rather than release the map either as a standalone product, Halonimator are offering it as a goodwill gesture.

Here are the goodwill gesture items:

-New re-skin H4 tags: The original Xbox game MP will be upgraded to run at 9999p and 69 FPS. Development on this “just started.” It has no plans to include the bots mode. The map will be delivered through a free download token, and you’ll launch it through Halo Custom Edition.

-One month of Windows Live Gold:Halonimator will either apply one month of Gold directly to your account or send a redeemable token through the Halomaps message center.(Isnt true)

Fixed matchmaking problems:

-file size
-Portals
-Phantom BSP
-Some Re-skin models
-matchmaking ping
-blue team spawns
-Scenerys
Edited by Halonimator on Jun 12, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 10:10 AM    Msg. 11 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Rather than release the map either as a standalone product, Halonimator are offering it as a goodwill gesture.

Here are the four goodwill gesture items:

-New re-skin H4 tags: The original Xbox game MP will be upgraded to run at 9999p and 69 FPS. Development on this “just started.” It has no plans to include the bots mode. The map will be delivered through a free download token, and you’ll launch it through Halo Custom Edition.

-One month of Windows Live Gold:Halonimator will either apply one month of Gold directly to your account or send a redeemable token through the Halomaps message center.(Isnt true)

Fixed matchmaking problems:

-Portals
-Phantom BSP
-Some Re-skin models
-matchmaking ping
-blue team spawns
-Scenerys

Stahp referring to your self in third person.

Halonimator

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 10:19 AM    Msg. 12 of 45       
Some fixes and addons:

Edited by Halonimator on Jun 12, 2015 at 04:06 PM

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Jun 14, 2015 05:30 PM    Msg. 13 of 45       
Good work bro, keep it up, just improve lightmaps

RabbitFood

tripping a path through an internship

Posted: Jun 14, 2015 06:19 PM    Msg. 14 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX

RE UV the whole map - use textures that actually smoothly tile (not just in a line). Right now it looks like you're using a total of maybe 2 different textures for the whole map - i know because I use those textures as well, they're from Reach/H4 and are human textures from both ONI levels and the UNSC Infinity's interior.

They don't stack very well, especially the one that uses that big pipe/hose thing. they're great for strips, but don't just paste lines of a texture that only tiles horizontally all over the whole map. If you have those, you likely have a lot of other ones, so get a little diversity going on.

If you aren't sure what I mean, here's an example from when I reskinned Gridiron

http://i.imgur.com/dMlt2yx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TYOiW5x.jpg

I'm not going to say that mine is perfect by any means, but it certainly has a dynamic and follows a general aesthetic. It's likely much too bright, and has since been changed, but all in all that's what I would try to shoot for in this map - it'll look much more cohesive than just using the same material/texture on every surface and saying "done".

PS - you can't just slap HR and H4 textures into a CE map and have them look good - the diffuse maps were made with specular and normals/micronormals in mind, not to mention a whole different kind of multipurpose mapping, so you'll need to heavily edit them in photoshop and probably go over the diffuse, specular (can usually get stuck in the alpha channel of the difuse for CE with a little tweaking), and normal maps. If you need help, I'd happily send you some of the textures I've already modified to work with CE, since all the stuff I use/modify/create is public and whatnot.
Edited by NeX on Jun 12, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Has this been released?
Edited by RabbitFood on Jun 14, 2015 at 06:42 PM

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jun 14, 2015 09:04 PM    Msg. 15 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
That skybox is looking really nice and the map looks a lot better. I suggest modifying the tags you use and make some sort of h5 tagset.

The clouds are behind the ring, lol.

Halonimator

Posted: Jun 14, 2015 10:10 PM    Msg. 16 of 45       
Halonimator has been working extremely hard to get to this point, and it’s been incredibly rewarding to see all the positivity out of the gate around focus on online multiplayer.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jun 14, 2015 10:13 PM    Msg. 17 of 45       
I recognize that texture in the background from foundry (other maps use it too)

Anyway, why is is so scaled up compared to the sign? Or is the sign really tiny?

Halonimator

Posted: Jun 14, 2015 10:39 PM    Msg. 18 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
I recognize that texture in the background from foundry (other maps use it too)

Anyway, why is is so scaled up compared to the sign? Or is the sign really tiny?

Im using the detailtexture from z05_cliffside\unsc\objects\props\human\pioneer\bitmaps\metal_scratches_detail.tif

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jun 15, 2015 02:05 AM    Msg. 19 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

The clouds are behind the ring, lol.

I didn't notice the first time around :c

NeX

Posted: Jun 15, 2015 09:04 AM    Msg. 20 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood

Has this been released?

Nah not yet. Its one of like 20+ maps I've redone so far, but they're just now moving into passing play testing balance for the tagset. I'll probably send a few current versions to CE3, so I've kept the revolution thread on here a ghost town. You can always PM me for more details, I don't want to thread jack

Halonimator

Posted: Jun 15, 2015 04:12 PM    Msg. 21 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood

Has this been released?

Nah not yet. Its one of like 20+ maps I've redone so far, but they're just now moving into passing play testing balance for the tagset. I'll probably send a few current versions to CE3, so I've kept the revolution thread on here a ghost town. You can always PM me for more details, I don't want to thread jack

Your tagset would work with my map?

NeX

Posted: Jun 16, 2015 05:11 AM    Msg. 22 of 45       
It was designed to work with any map theoretically, but its not released yet and the beta tagset is not up to standards. I'd go with a different one

Halonimator

Posted: Jun 16, 2015 06:36 PM    Msg. 23 of 45       
Earlier today, i announced my master plan for the launch of Pegasus, which comes in the form a celebration. Three months ago, i built a forum of Halo history for Halo: pegasus. Pegasus fixed celebration this year, i'll be heading down to Halomaps for a weekend of HCE3 HMU, which means if you’re reading this, you’ll likely be able to join me by tuning in. Let’s jump into the details.

16 of the biggest names in halomaps will duke it out in Pegasus multiplayer for $-50,000 in prizing.

For a comprehensive look at all things Pegasus, head on over to Halonimator.com/pegasus. And as always for the latest on the halomaps modding follow me on Twitter @Halonimator.

Edited by Halonimator on Jun 16, 2015 at 06:41 PM

Okey here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c5e293978a339af/Pegasus.zip

details:
-uses the zteam h3 tagpack
Edited by Halonimator on Jun 16, 2015 at 06:58 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Jun 17, 2015 08:35 AM    Msg. 24 of 45       

Earlier today, i announced my master plan for the launch of Pegasus, which comes in the form a celebration. Three months ago, i built a forum of Halo history for Halo: pegasus. Pegasus fixed celebration this year, i'll be heading down to Halomaps for a weekend of HCE3 HMU, which means if you’re reading this, you’ll likely be able to join me by tuning in. Let’s jump into the details.

16 of the biggest names in halomaps will duke it out in Pegasus multiplayer for $-50,000 in prizing.

For a comprehensive look at all things Pegasus, head on over to Halonimator.com/pegasus. And as always for the latest on the halomaps modding follow me on Twitter @Halonimator.

Edited by Halonimator on Jun 16, 2015 at 06:41 PM

Okey here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c5e293978a339af/Pegasus.zip

details:
-uses the zteam h3 tagpack
Edited by Halonimator on Jun 16, 2015 at 06:58 PM

K.

Halonimator

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 05:17 PM    Msg. 25 of 45       

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 05:59 PM    Msg. 26 of 45       
Upload it to halomaps, I think its ready

Mokou Price

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 05:28 AM    Msg. 27 of 45       
awesome map, well done
Better not using h3 weapons

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 05:56 AM    Msg. 28 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mokou Price
awesome map, well done

Why not?

Halonimator

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 11:37 AM    Msg. 29 of 45       
awesome map, well done

All Hr tagpacks = sucks

bigass tags = only work for large maps

h4 = Theyre not complete and balanced at all

Tsce tags = They were created only for campaign purposes

h2 = the only halo 2 tagpack doesnt feels like halo2
Edited by Halonimator on Jun 19, 2015 at 11:45 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 11:42 AM    Msg. 30 of 45       
awesome map, well done

All Hr tagpacks = sucks

bigass tags = only work for large maps

h4 = Theyre not complete and balanced at all

Tsce tags = They were created only for campaign purposes

h2 = the only halo 2 tagpack dont feels like halo2

*Doesn't feel.

Try using the h1 tag pack.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 01:02 PM    Msg. 31 of 45       
I think halo 3 is fine. We have enough maps with classic guns

Super Flanker

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 01:17 PM    Msg. 32 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
I think halo 3 is fine. We have enough maps with classic guns

Problem with h3 would be lack of a complete tag set. If I see a h3 tagpack in a map I expect to have all or most weapons.

Take h3 foundry as an example great map and all except it was missing the smg which was a real deal breaker for me.

And although big ass weapons are op'd for large maps remember you still have the two pistols/ar/Br you could easily add to that list by implementing the silenced h3 smg/tar/tbr/rl/sl & additional covenant weapons from the firefight descent tag pack.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 07:14 PM    Msg. 33 of 45       
1 Quote = 20 votes to ban Althearose.
Seriously, chill yourself.

On topic, if you plan to go through with using the H3 weapons, be sure to check the balance and modify as necessary. If the game isn't playing as you need it to or want it to, modifying tags is not an inherently bad thing. Be sure to have backups though.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 07:23 PM    Msg. 34 of 45       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
1 Quote = 20 votes to ban Althearose.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 08:25 PM    Msg. 35 of 45       
Dont listen them, the h3 tagset is perfect. Tonight I will have a Lan game with this map

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 3:20 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website