A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »That one flood project...

Author Topic: That one flood project... (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ICE x Toxiic

The Emperor protects.

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 02:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
Does anyone ever know whatever happened to Lone Warrior and his awesome project "The Forgotten Exile" (flood campaign for those who don't know) I gotta admit this project was something I was extremely looking forward to and quite frankly my favorite out of all Halomaps.

I remember him releasing a video a while back about one of the new bsp's he was working on which was the actual first level of the campaign, after that though as far as I know he suddenly disappeared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKaYHkfYxfE <-- the last gameplay from the project.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 03:02 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       
do you mean this ???
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6486

ICE x Toxiic

The Emperor protects.

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 03:03 PM    Msg. 3 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
do you mean this ???
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6486

Yep exactly that!
But he had a whole campaign in production. That was the revamped demo level.
Edited by ICE x Toxiic on Jun 20, 2015 at 03:42 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 04:12 PM    Msg. 4 of 11       
You'd have to ask bourrin about it. He's the last person on here who was actually involved.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Jun 20, 2015 at 04:12 PM

ICE x Toxiic

The Emperor protects.

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 04:28 PM    Msg. 5 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

You'd have to ask bourrin about it. He's the last person on here who was actually involved.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Jun 20, 2015 at 04:12 PM

I have sent him a message asking him about the project, when I get a response I will relay it here so that my conscience can be cleared (as well as for others who might want to know) and bringing a solution to this thread.
Edited by ICE x Toxiic on Jun 20, 2015 at 04:30 PM

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 09:01 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
Well, I didn't have news from lone in a while and to be honest, we are very busy with life and I'm not motivated at all to do something, although I still have all the tags that are used for first person and player character.
I don't think a sequel will ever happen . I could try to ask lone about the bsp sections he made but not much will happen.
It's also always a lot of work and you can hardly swap to the stock tagset as everything is made to fit the flood, which is also annoying for me to work with.

ICE x Toxiic

The Emperor protects.

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 09:47 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
Well, I didn't have news from lone in a while and to be honest, we are very busy with life and I'm not motivated at all to do something, although I still have all the tags that are used for first person and player character.
I don't think a sequel will ever happen . I could try to ask lone about the bsp sections he made but not much will happen.
It's also always a lot of work and you can hardly swap to the stock tagset as everything is made to fit the flood, which is also annoying for me to work with.

Truly a pity. However if you guys have no plans to continue it why not release the tagset so others can use the tags. No sense letting them sit in your guy's folder and collect virtual dust. You guys did put a lot of work into making something unique. Sad to see this project go though :C RIP

NeX

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 09:55 PM    Msg. 8 of 11       
Yeah it's one of those one-hit wonders. Fantastic mod, it really was. I think after doing one installment though, it became apparent how much they had bit off, and then they had to chew it. So leaving it at one makes sense.

Maybe that's what the CMT's D30 is??

ICE x Toxiic

The Emperor protects.

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 10:13 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Yeah it's one of those one-hit wonders. Fantastic mod, it really was. I think after doing one installment though, it became apparent how much they had bit off, and then they had to chew it. So leaving it at one makes sense.

Maybe that's what the CMT's D30 is??

I mean it could be possible that if the tagset was released maybe another team of modders could do it, but with the dying community it's very unlikely. Plus even if I had to choose someone I still wouldn't know. Even if the series wasn't rebooted the tags are absolutely just fantastic!

I'd be surprised!
Edited by ICE x Toxiic on Jun 20, 2015 at 10:16 PM

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 04:32 AM    Msg. 10 of 11       
I believe it's on hold, as both Lone and Koo are heavily occupied with school, life and Game of Thrones.

ICE x Toxiic

The Emperor protects.

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 05:06 PM    Msg. 11 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Game of Thrones.

I understand.

Having it on hold is better than completely scrapping it.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri December 13, 2019 9:12 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website