A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Galaxy Wars Cooperative-Multiplayer Campaign (CMC)

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Galaxy Wars Cooperative-Multiplayer Campaign (CMC) (51 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

sparky

If you want to see the nature of a man, quote God.

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 10:25 AM    Msg. 1 of 51       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 01:40 PM

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 10:31 AM    Msg. 2 of 51       
So when do we get that magic zeus server manager? Without it this is just another mp map with ai?

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 10:32 AM    Msg. 3 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
So when do we get that magic zeus server manager? Without it this is just another mp map with ai?

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 10:32 AM    Msg. 4 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
This is the first coop-multi campaign map ever made for Halo.

Kirby did it.

Interesting though.
Edited by Mootjuh on Jul 3, 2015 at 10:34 AM

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 10:36 AM    Msg. 5 of 51       
I just realized both my answers were answered in FAQ. Cool cool.

sparky

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 10:56 AM    Msg. 6 of 51       

Frosted Poison

Rambo is a welfie: https://youtu.be/rOvcj94Y4vU

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 10:57 AM    Msg. 7 of 51       
God - putting up with my **** and not smiting me for being annoying;

YHVH is about to end up like 2pac in a minute. :^)

sparky

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 11:21 AM    Msg. 8 of 51       

Mootjuh

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 11:21 AM    Msg. 9 of 51       
That would be nice indeed.

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 06:46 PM    Msg. 10 of 51       
Just wanna ask, if this works, will we eventually see a Co-op SPV3?
MLG!

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 06:53 PM    Msg. 11 of 51       
Wow, looks like my childhood's dream is going to come true !

not giraffe

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 07:25 PM    Msg. 12 of 51       
You're the guy wanted by the FBI for the malware called Zeus, right? I think I will be $4.2 million richer.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 09:59 AM    Msg. 13 of 51       
so this will be fun with AI damn it.

do you need someone to test it'?

Edited by DOOM899 on Jul 4, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Frosted Poison

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 11:38 AM    Msg. 14 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: raffgie
You're the guy wanted by the FBI for the malware called Zeus, right? I think I will be $4.2 million richer.

I don't know about you, but I genuinely think Sparky believes in his own lies.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 01:42 PM    Msg. 15 of 51       
The positivity is endless. lawl.

Frosted Poison

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 02:16 PM    Msg. 16 of 51       
Well you have to understand. People have tried multiple times to get A.I to sync in Halo MP and it's just not going to happen, ever. Give it a rest already.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 03:06 PM    Msg. 17 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
So Sparky, you're going to be able to do what

Sawnose, official Halo dev
Btcc22, HAC2 dev
Sehe, SAPP dev
Kornman, OpenSauce and HEK+ dev
FieryScythe, OpenSauce dev
Kirby, script senpai
002, HAC2 dev, Halo Mac unofficial dev, a bunch of sexy tools dev
Gandanur, Gandanur dev
WaeV, a bunch of sexy tools dev
Oxide, Phasor dev

Have failed to do? K have fun.

..When? You're saying this coop here is a failure? Sure, I havent touched in over a year (THRREEE JOOOBBSSS), but other than a few doors trapping people on the wrong sides, and a few issues with controlling how many enemies where spawned at once (cleaning up ones from previous encounters to keep the counts down, etc), its going pretty well.

Anyways, with the plan he has laid out, I don't see any overwhelming problems. I do not know how much data hes intending to sync, but I expect the AI to spaz out a lot regardless; they'll receive their new position and state information from the host, then go back to deciding on their own what to do, then receive the new host information, teleporting to that location and state, and constantly do this over and over again. I assume AI probably uses that gametime variable as part of the decision making, so it should at hopefully be closer if that is synced too. And if he makes the client ones brain dead to prevent them from acting to randomly, if there is any lag, they'll just sit their idling til they receive their new information.

I do have serious doubts about him completing things, but the idea is reasonable enough. Doesn't he have more posts about what he will do, rather than what he has done? There was no reason for this level to be released before the product that worked with it. If he realizes that he can't have client side AI duplicates, or that he has to have them, and if he did the opposite when making this random map file, it makes it useless; plus, since it just seems to be a POC type level (square tunnels), rather than an actual full level, makes this level fairly pointless on its own.

Mootjuh

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 04:16 PM    Msg. 18 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

This is the first coop-multi campaign map ever made for Halo.

Kirby did it.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 06:00 PM    Msg. 19 of 51       
Good guy Kirby.

Btcc22

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 09:19 PM    Msg. 20 of 51       
A.I. sync may look like it's remotely workable if the players are standing still.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jul 4, 2015 11:26 PM    Msg. 21 of 51       
i'm pretty sure he will archive it

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 12:12 AM    Msg. 22 of 51       
Kirby for president

sparky

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 07:33 AM    Msg. 23 of 51       

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 03:23 PM    Msg. 24 of 51       
So how exactly does the ZMS work. Can you explain more about that. Saying you can Sync AI in Halo PC/CE is like saying you know a cure for cancer. The people of this forum will need more proof that you have the will power and knowledge that you can do this.

So explain in more detail on how you plan to work this.

sparky

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 05:17 PM    Msg. 25 of 51       

Mourinho

elo

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 05:39 PM    Msg. 26 of 51       
blah blah blah blah....
So much talk about how good you're claiming to be and how people might steal your so called work, yet you didn't even release shiet. Just stop dude. You're making yourself look like an arrogant douche, that's what you are. You wil NEVER EVER be in line with people like kornman,jahrain,ghost, etc. Get a hobby or something ffs...
Edited by Mourinho on Jul 6, 2015 at 05:40 PM

sparky

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 06:06 PM    Msg. 27 of 51       

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 08:19 PM    Msg. 28 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: snark567
Just try to finish your work and don't mind the comments.

This.

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 10:52 PM    Msg. 29 of 51       
For years, my Eschaton plugins were considered rather definitive, and people like 002 used them in all kinds of random Halo programs. And yet I get no credit for having done all that work.

Proton and Overcast are the only programs where I actually directly use your plugins.

I gave you credit in Proton for the included plugins, since I didn't have plugins of my own...

You're credited in Overcast, which also uses your plugins. They're the most complete, so I used those over the starter plugins.

I've also recommended your plugins to newbies who want to try out Eschaton. I didn't say they were mine, because they weren't.

Your plugins don't give information on how to read maps, find bitmaps/sounds data, read resource maps (bitmaps, sounds, loc), extract BSPs, or a number of other things I've done. In fact, your plugins were missing critical information that I had to go and find myself, and the rest had no use to me or the data was already known. Some information is just flat-out wrong, too, like predicted resources. There's more to a map's structure than just tags. How dare you assume that I stole from you?

Sorry that I'm using your hard work for things actually useful and then giving you the credit that you deserved. I'll be extremely happy to not use anything you have made in any future programs I write, if that makes you feel any better.

It's the same thing with Samuco, who had his work copy/pasted without his permission.

I took only one address from one of Samuco's extensions since he made it open source on GitHub, and I haven't used it since I found an even better alternative. I don't think you can own an address to Halo's code, and I'm not even using that particular address anymore, so big deal.

Samuco has used code from some of my plugins, particularly the code that increases the maximum visible object limit. He's also decompiled my plugins without my permission, and even told me about decompiling them, which I didn't really mind all that much since a lot of it was going to be made open source, anyway.

Edited by 002 on Jul 7, 2015 at 12:03 AM

sparky

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 03:35 PM    Msg. 30 of 51       

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 05:51 PM    Msg. 31 of 51       
Or are you still using work derived from my work?

I'm not, because when I do, you make posts like this, then you make a feeble attempt to insult me, instead of kindly asking me to stop (I would have respected this), or kindly suggesting that I give credit (I would have shown you that I have). You clearly aren't happy unless you're unhappy about something, which is disappointing, and reduces my opinion of you.

Quote: Because I did not see any credit for having done what I did which you used to further something that you were doing for which you received all the credit. Without seeing any credit for my contributions, and by you sharing it among people who hate me yet praise you, I presumed that no credit was being paid me for what should have been credited to me. After all, if someone pays you money, you see the money, don't you? If you gave me credit, you should have made it clear that you gave me credit, even among those who hate me. And still, why do you share my work with people who hate me? And why do you share this result of both of our work among people who hate me? Unless it is to say that you don't care about me getting credit for my work... If I were to do that to you, how would you feel? If I make a program based upon your work and do not share that program with you, nor tell you at the time that I am using your work in my program, but share it among those people who hate you, wouldn't you think that I just want all the credit for both of our work for myself? You did not tell me you were using my work, and you engage in gaining credit for it among those who refuse to acknowledge that I do any work.

Open Carnage is pretty well aware that you made the plugins. Everyone even refers to it as "Sparky's plugins", and I have explicitly told people that these plugins are based off of your work. Many modders on Open Carnage consider your plugins to be extremely helpful and to be the most complete of them all. Nobody hates you on the site, because nobody cares about you, and we're pretty well aware you made the plugins, especially since we refer to them as "Sparky's plugins"

I release most of my work open source and under a license. You can use my work and you don't need to give me credit except in the source code. If you don't release the source code, you don't need to give me credit, and I won't know about it, so I won't care. The fact that the source code is under a license gives you automatic and explicit permission to use and modify the source code, so long as you follow the terms of the license.

Also, people have stolen my stuff before, particularly on this site. Some guy called "The Fooler" uploaded Deathstar Deprotector under his/her name instead of mine. I am displeased with this because they omitted the link to the source code and because it is outdated.
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6849

I obviously don't approve of not giving me due credit, as I have only given permission for the source code, not the compiled program. However, your comparison is very flawed, because I have given you credit and pretty clearly. This is obviously a problem of me using your work, instead of me not giving you credit (which I have).

Also, in most of my programs, I haven't even touched your work. Saying that I use your work in many of my programs is untrue, because I only use it in a few at most, and I have made many programs.

Quote: And instead of standing up for me in front of them and citing to them the value of my contributions to the Halo communities, with your own work that uses my work as an example to them, you participate in the mockery they show me. This is dishonorable.
Edited by sparky on Jul 7, 2015 at 03:53 PM

As far as I'm aware, I am neither related to you, nor are you my friend, so I am not required to hold your hand. If you need your hand to be held, then maybe you should consider doing something other than programming. If you cannot take a single non-vulgar joke about pizzas to the point where you explode in rage, then you do not belong on the Internet, and you should probably go. You act like we torture you every day when you're banned from Open Carnage, and we've stopped caring. When you attack people like this, do not expect them to help you in the future.

Edited by 002 on Jul 9, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 10:49 AM    Msg. 32 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: 002
any modders on Open Carnage consider your plugins to be extremely helpful and to be the most complete of them all. Nobody hates you on the site, because nobody cares about you.
Edited by 002 on Jul 9, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Did anyone else feel the dagger slicing through your rib cage?

sparky

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 04:56 PM    Msg. 33 of 51       

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 05:52 PM    Msg. 34 of 51       
Here's an interesting thought left by my Biology of Cells lecturer.
"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."
- Harry S. Truman

Posted: Jul 11, 2015 04:54 PM    Msg. 35 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
So Sparky, you're going to be able to do what

Sawnose, official Halo dev
Btcc22, HAC2 dev
Sehe, SAPP dev
Kornman, OpenSauce and HEK+ dev
FieryScythe, OpenSauce dev
Kirby, script senpai
002, HAC2 dev, Halo Mac unofficial dev, a bunch of sexy tools dev
Gandanur, Gandanur dev
WaeV, a bunch of sexy tools dev
Oxide, Phasor dev

Have failed to do? K have fun.

I've played with AI over multiplayer to find some pretty unusual results, like how AI will apparently disable vehicular physics for clients, even if they don't have the mod. I wouldn't say I've given an attempt at syncing AI, though, because I know it's not possible with the current Halo engine.

I've seen some fairly successful attempts by Samuco, though it doesn't use Halo's AI, it uses a bunch of spawned bipeds. The client has a plugin that intercepts chat messages, which are used to sync each biped. It's actually very smooth and looks great, though they have no pathfinding, so they sometimes attempt to walk through walls and stuff.

If I attempt to sync AI, though, I'll let you guys know about it. It'll definitely require a separate netcode for it, like what Samuco did, which would likely mean injecting both a client-side and server-side program. It may just be more trouble than it's worth, sadly.

Too bad if I were to actually do this, Sparky will just say I stole his idea. I'd just have to live with a bad conscience...

edit: Oh, I did it. http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48499
Edited by 002 on Jul 29, 2015 at 06:17 PM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu February 27, 2020 3:31 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website