A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »OS 4.0 Installation issue

Author Topic: OS 4.0 Installation issue (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Hynlan Jenkins

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 03:47 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
I have just finished reinstalling Halo CE and have updated it to 1.10 and after wards i attempted to install OS 4.0 but it continuously tells me that "The folder path contains invalid characters" My Halo ce is installed to "G:\Program Files (x86)\Halo Custom Edition" I've tried reinstalling OS and Halo CE but no luck. Any help on this?

beaucephal

CMT SPv3 audio dude

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 05:34 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hynlan Jenkins
I have just finished reinstalling Halo CE and have updated it to 1.10 and after wards i attempted to install OS 4.0 but it continuously tells me that "The folder path contains invalid characters" My Halo ce is installed to "G:\Program Files (x86)\Halo Custom Edition" I've tried reinstalling OS and Halo CE but no luck. Any help on this?

There have been a number of people complaining that the Opensauce installer can be a bit temperamental. It might be worth submitting a bug report over at https://bitbucket.org/KornnerStudios/opensauce-release/issues. Firescythe is still actively working on bugs and issues.

Hynlan Jenkins

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 09:15 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Alright, Thanks alot!

Roushyy

Character animator.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 04:21 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
For future reference, it's much easier to avoid potential installation errors by using an inherently neutral directory (one that does not require special permissions to read or write to because nothing and no-one owns it).

These can be created under the top level of your drives.

Ex: C:\Games\Halo Custom Edition or C:\Games\FPS\Halo CE

This also makes the organization of and access to your games and their installation directories much easier.
Edited by War Master V on Jul 8, 2015 at 04:27 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 10:43 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Default HDD FTW. If it's not C:\ your OS installer is most likely going to pee.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 12:08 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
>not installing games and other non-core applications to an external drive

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 11:16 AM 500 ms.
A Halo Maps Website