A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »This is interesting.

Author Topic: This is interesting. (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Megatron

Working on something good.

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 11:41 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
I finally got the Halo 3 Scarab's script to compile, and...well, this video should show the results;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/csoy2s2il7dlgn4/The%20issue%20presentation.zip?dl=0

I honestly have no idea what part of the script caused this, or if the script itself was responsible.

The only thing I can think of that led to this was not inserting the correct objects, and I didn't really have the right idea what the objects were supposed to be to begin with.

I tried to talk to kirby for clarification, but received no responses at all. So, I'm once again given no choices but to ask the users of this community for help.

Does anyone here know what to do now?

I honestly don't want to give up on this, and I know getting this thing to work is possible, as the map that uses it is blatant proof on its own.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 11:54 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
I'm almost sure is a issue with OS 4 ;because I can't even open the original map by kirby .Tomorrow I'm gonna try with the old version of OS (3.0 I think) to see if its even playable. Also sorry for not replying your pm but my PC is being repaired.

Nickster5000

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 04:16 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Tbh, your best bet is to do some research on topics you aren't familiar with, look up the halo commands, and try to figure out how it works. Reverse-engineering stuff like this will make you a better halo scripter / modder. I'll probably look into this and see what I get out of it.

Megatron

Working on something good.

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 12:18 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
I'm almost sure is a issue with OS 4 ;because I can't even open the original map by kirby .Tomorrow I'm gonna try with the old version of OS (3.0 I think) to see if its even playable. Also sorry for not replying your pm but my PC is being repaired.

I managed to get the original map working, and didn't run into any problems that caused it to crash.

Regardless, it is possible that you're right about it being an issue with OS 4, because I haven't once seen a glitch in Halo where the gravity is destabilized, and fully stationary objects (that can not possibly move) suddenly fly upward.

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Tbh, your best bet is to do some research on topics you aren't familiar with, look up the halo commands, and try to figure out how it works. Reverse-engineering stuff like this will make you a better halo scripter / modder. I'll probably look into this and see what I get out of it.

If I get the time, I'm going to look into that.

Not to get too off-topic, but did anyone else here run into a glitch that causes their characters to be immune to gravity?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri October 18, 2019 9:04 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website