A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Qestion:Do you believe that halo in few years could have the same

Author Topic: Qestion:Do you believe that halo in few years could have the same (22 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BA TomBoy

breathtaking

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 10:46 AM    Msg. 1 of 22       
stability as it used to have, i personaly say Yes,and maybe no,I think it could cause a lot to a lot of players around the world,and im also talking about HALO CE COMMUNITY ,how would that effecting you? Yesterday i join for a little while in halo and i only saw few servers online,Sometimes i wish it could start over from the very first time that this game was released,people always buy new games and play them,but forgetting the 1st one that EVER play,and how much funny they were,What was that bring them close to those games was it the invasion from entity outside our space, from different galaxy,was is the storyline,or something else,I start playing this game from a little boy is been almost 15 years and i have tired yet,And please i would rather avoid that lecture of you know you are addict and you have no life and other nonsense,i hate the most when someone judge you of things knowing that he also did.I THINK THAT HALO WAS THE FIRST PERSON SHOOTER GAME EVER CAME OUT with not so good graphics for some but for me was good enough,Halo CE LAN PARTY without all those cheaters that nowdays we interface,And because the dont like our oppinion the suspend us,If i could find the first one who build those cheats and i could have something to go with him back in time and show him what would be the disaster in few years he could have change his mind.Of Creating releasing more,Just tell me what you want to tell me but be polite,We dont have to start a fight and breakhearts.
Time Travels Is just impossible,But not for those who have imagination and those who believe.Imagine if we could bring from all across the world all those crazy people with crazy ideas what the could do? And most that has been rejected by High states,if the could find a way to make a sense,and make people trust them...........I know we all do mistakes and sometimes we dont think as some the expect from us to be and think,But isnt that bad to tell what we believe is right and what we dont....
If you agree give a thumps up Or if you dont GIVE A smile.

Edited by BA TomBoy on Jul 23, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Mourinho

elo

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 11:03 AM    Msg. 2 of 22       
With halo online & 5 and future halo's on the way? Fat chance.

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 11:09 AM    Msg. 3 of 22       
As long as people can't or won't buy an Xbox this game will stay healthy and with at least five servers to pick from. Doom of all things is still playable with 16 people at times with a variety of servers. Granted though that's more modable than this one though. If Doom can do it then so can Halo.

Halo wasn't the first FPS by the way. Unless you mean the first person shooter to come out to please you graphically which makes more sense than the previous.

NeX

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 11:15 AM    Msg. 4 of 22       
Honestly, the only thing that's kept CE alive is the extensive editing kit.

I really dislike the format of H:O and such, but there is no denying it's vastly more capable and fresh than it's old grandpa custom edition, so if/when people actually manage to get a decent way of modifying/inserting custom content that isn't just some stupid basic tag editor/meta swapper, as well as getting more server control, then I can maybe see it fading out.

But like gen101 said, as long as this is the best halo option on PC, it will keep breathing.

BA TomBoy

breathtaking

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 11:19 AM    Msg. 5 of 22       
How can a game be healthy as you said since there no players in but,actually there players that think they can play the game,since the use something else to play for them.I dont think this problem will ever be solved.Anyway i dont wish to expanded more to this,Lets stop this issue here.Lets make a fresh start How was your day today?

Edited by BA TomBoy on Jul 23, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Mourinho

elo

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 11:35 AM    Msg. 6 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Honestly, the only thing that's kept CE alive is the extensive editing kit.

I really dislike the format of H:O and such, but there is no denying it's vastly more capable and fresh than it's old grandpa custom edition, so if/when people actually manage to get a decent way of modifying/inserting custom content that isn't just some stupid basic tag editor/meta swapper, as well as getting more server control, then I can maybe see it fading out.

But like gen101 said, as long as this is the best halo option on PC, it will keep breathing.
You do know that most people who still play halo ce don't care about modding and stuff? Ce is dominated by latino's but the only reason they play the game is because it's so easy to pirate. Why do you think most servers are still running the original maps? We all know that if it wasn't for the Latino's ce would have been dead. Imagine when halo online gets released outside of Russia and Latino's get their hands on that. Halo ce will be pretty much dead.

Also people will eventually all step over to the xbone like they did to xb360. It already has broken sales records, and I also see no reason why a true halo fan wouldn't.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 11:49 AM    Msg. 7 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mourinho
Also people will eventually all step over to the xbone like they did to xb360. It already has broken sales records, and I also see no reason why a true halo fan wouldn't.

That all depends on your definition of a "true Halo fan". To me, the "true Halo" games are the ones Bungie made, and I already have all of those so there's not really any incentive for me to get a whole new console.

Mourinho

elo

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 11:57 AM    Msg. 8 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

That all depends on your definition of a "true Halo fan". To me, the "true Halo" games are the ones Bungie made, and I already have all of those so there's not really any incentive for me to get a whole new console.
I disagree on that. That's more being nostalgic then being a true halo fan imo. And xbox one isn't just about halo, there's other games as well. And if you like gaming, then you most probably wil upgrade to xbone in the future.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 12:12 PM    Msg. 9 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

I disagree on that. That's more being nostalgic then being a true halo fan imo. And xbox one isn't just about halo, there's other games as well. And if you like gaming, then you most probably wil upgrade to xbone in the future.

Of course you disagree, because what makes a "true Halo fan" is completely subjective. It varies from person to person.

I do like gaming. Fortunately, I own a PC, which means I can keep gaming even without acquiring the latest generation of consoles.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 04:57 PM    Msg. 10 of 22       
Players:
90% Latinos
10% Others

Thanks to Latinos halo ce will still alive.
Because their pcs can't handle halo:o and the 80% of them don't have a xbox.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 04:52 AM    Msg. 11 of 22       
Grammar. Pls use.
Also, some logical structuring of sentences would be nice. I completely skipped over your posts OP.

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 06:58 AM    Msg. 12 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: BA TomBoy
i only saw few servers online

Edited by StormUndBlackbird on Oct 27, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Zonda

👺

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 08:58 AM    Msg. 13 of 22       
The population is only going to get lower as the years go by. It has a regular player base of over 1000, which is pretty good given the age of the game, so enjoy it while it lasts. I'd encourage you to get your friends to get it and play on LAN, or even distribute it amongst school friends to play during Lunch time, because that's what got me into it back in 2007.

It's not going to have the population it saw between 2004 and '09, but I'm sure you could still make a few friends, there still seems to be a few chill (English-speaking) players online. The forum (and most lobbies) have been filled with autism for as long as they've existed, there's no getting around it.

Also, Halo wasn't the first ever FPS, if that's what the OP is trying to say. Doom, Marathon, Quake, Half Life, Counter Strike, and Unreal Tournament are just a few of the major Shooters that released before Halo did.

As for all of the cheaters on Halo CE, (Wall hacking, Aimbotting and Lag Switching to name a few) stopping the first person to develop them wouldn't have made a difference.

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 09:48 AM    Msg. 14 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zonda
The population is only going to get lower as the years go by [...] so enjoy it while it lasts.

I've been constantly told that for the past eight years :S

Mourinho

elo

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 10:48 AM    Msg. 15 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Booker
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
80% of them don't have a xbox

The Xbox doesn't have a purpose anymore imo.

How about giving acces to next gen gaming and it's exclusives? Not everyone wants to spend 800+ dollar, euro or whatever on a gaming pc.

Inb4 pc master race fanboys

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 04:14 PM    Msg. 16 of 22       

How about giving acces to next gen gaming and it's exclusives? Not everyone wants to spend 800+ dollar, euro or whatever on a gaming pc.

But you have $350 to spend on a big black box that can play games that cost $60 each.

Yea alright.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 06:43 PM    Msg. 17 of 22       
the future of HCE is...singleplayer maps.

their are 1000 more or less people playing online, but i can tell for myself that a lot of people have both Halo pc and CE,
Edited by EmmanuelCD on Jul 24, 2015 at 06:52 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jul 25, 2015 12:23 AM    Msg. 18 of 22       

lmao, you could get a gaming pc that performs better for probably the same price. the beauty of pc gaming is there is no specific price, you get to pay for what you need.

thats not to say i dont enjoy playing some halo with some friends and family on the couch.

OH WAIT.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Jul 25, 2015 at 12:24 AM

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jul 25, 2015 10:26 AM    Msg. 19 of 22       
I'm pretty sure everyone thought halo ce/pc was going to die once halo 2 PC came out, but guess what........
Same thing will happen whit halo:o, the people will get bored of a FTP game, or get frustrated trying to mod the game
Edited by Kinnet on Jul 25, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: Jul 25, 2015 12:31 PM    Msg. 20 of 22       
I believe he means Halo was possibly one of the first DECENT console FPS.
Honestly, it was revolutionary. I don't think a game has ever done that much for a console within recent years.
Oh wait.
Cawl of booty: modern whorefare 2

OrangeJuice

Still here because your site isn't active either.

Posted: Jul 25, 2015 02:06 PM    Msg. 21 of 22       
except this is 2015. You can build a computer that outperforms an xbox for like 315$
Remember that the new hardware is better optimized so can outperform older tech with less GHz and other specs to back it up. Hell I'll even speculate that newer stuff can outperform the 360 with much less GHz

pfft. 800$ yeah right
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jul 25, 2015 at 02:14 PM

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Jul 25, 2015 03:26 PM    Msg. 22 of 22       
I can confirm all the post about the 315$ for a gaming PC. One of my family members spent weeks searching around for deals to get a budget build because he didn't want to spend too much. Never told me the exact specs but he got a bunch of parts for 250$ and it ended up being able to play GTA V on ultra with 60 FPS.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri May 29, 2020 3:19 AM 1,000 ms.
A Halo Maps Website