A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »New Map - Cross Bridge

Author Topic: New Map - Cross Bridge (28 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

TheOnlyPlayerOne

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 08:22 PM    Msg. 1 of 28       
Hello Everyone, i am new on this forum but i have been playing halo ce for almost a decade now. I have seen a trailer for a new map: Cross Bridge, a recreation from the halo 5 beta. There has been a new trailer out, so if you want, you can check it out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJocCYzGANk
Edited by TheOnlyPlayerOne on Jul 28, 2015 at 08:28 PM

Another Gameplay Vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG6esMVAwtM
Edited by TheOnlyPlayerOne on Jul 28, 2015 at 08:52 PM

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 08:29 PM    Msg. 2 of 28       
It is still in beta, besides people here are a little bit rejective towards this kide of maps. Did you play the beta?

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 08:30 PM    Msg. 3 of 28       
not bad but that AR's textures look bad

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 08:35 PM    Msg. 4 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

rejective.

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 08:41 PM    Msg. 5 of 28       
Looks really cool! I would like to ce a stock version of this map.

TheOnlyPlayerOne

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 08:45 PM    Msg. 6 of 28       
It is still in beta, in the video description it says it will be finished soon

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 08:48 PM    Msg. 7 of 28       
Did you create the bsp? It looks simple but is impressive. Looks like you used texture strips efficiently.

TheOnlyPlayerOne

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 08:51 PM    Msg. 8 of 28       
I have no part in this, i just found the video via facebook. Just wanted to share because it looks cool.

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 09:00 PM    Msg. 9 of 28       
Who made it? Please step forward.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 09:01 PM    Msg. 10 of 28       

you should use a "H4" collision for the biped instead the h1

Roushyy

Character animator.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 09:04 PM    Msg. 11 of 28       
Just some things I've noticed.

-To begin with, get rid of that music. It's annoying, repetitive, low quality, generic and very unnecessary. If your map is worth playing, it's best to convey that with gameplay alone.

-Very nice, clean textures on the BSP. Well done!

-Map seems a bit boring. Try adding some more variation in elevation.

As far as game accuracy:

-The "scales" are still on the techsuit, take them off with Photoshop or whatever.

-HUD is almost completely wrong. (I've studied it extensively, I would know) There's much more to it than replacing a few bitmaps!

-If you're really going for the Halo 5 look, you need new animations. Using the same animation set you see on literally every Halo 4 rip just doesn't look good and it's not accurate.

-If I'm not mistaken, the BR reload-empty was animated by me. Interesting to see my work being used in a map like this. Again, though - it's not game accurate.

-BR doesn't have the Reflex sight. It's not a very complex object and I'm sure if you can model a map, you can model a simple attachment.

-Textures for BR are wrong, look at some references.

-Rocket launcher is the wrong model (again, not a very complex object. You can literally make it with a cylinder and some extrusions)

That's all I'll say for now.
Keep up the good(ish) work!

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 09:27 PM    Msg. 12 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Who made it? Please step forward.

The Arc Creations, the 2nd H5 map was proudly made by Latin América.
The tagset was by Shadow mods?

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 09:58 PM    Msg. 13 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

they look like halo 5.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 11:33 PM    Msg. 14 of 28       
good god my ears
I haven't played the map, but it does look great visually.

Pepzee

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 12:43 AM    Msg. 15 of 28       
The map itself looks pretty good. I was never a fan of the H4/H5 visual style, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Grunter

I'm back from the dead and reporting for duty!

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 09:12 AM    Msg. 16 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheOnlyPlayerOne

Hello Everyone, i am new on this forum but i have been playing halo ce for almost a decade now. I have seen a trailer for a new map: Cross Bridge, a recreation from the halo 5 beta. There has been a new trailer out, so if you want, you can check it out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJocCYzGANk
Edited by TheOnlyPlayerOne on Jul 28, 2015 at 08:28 PM

Another Gameplay Vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG6esMVAwtM
Edited by TheOnlyPlayerOne on Jul 28, 2015 at 08:52 PM

People care about Halo 5 because???

Does it have armor changing?
Edited by Grunter on Jul 29, 2015 at 09:16 AM
Edited by Grunter on Jul 29, 2015 at 09:16 AM

MrChromed

Developer on SPv3 and ShadowMods Team.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 04:08 PM    Msg. 17 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: War Master V

-If I'm not mistaken, the BR reload-empty was animated by me. Interesting to see my work being used in a map like this. Again, though - it's not game accurate.

Excuse me sir but, all the animations were made by Cono256 from our team (ShadowMods).

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 05:05 PM    Msg. 18 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Isxz

Excuse me sir but, all the animations were made by Cono256 from our team (ShadowMods).

Epic map plox thickens!

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 06:14 PM    Msg. 19 of 28       
Speaking of animations might want to fix the AR reload where the finger clips through.

Roushyy

Character animator.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 09:45 PM    Msg. 20 of 28       

Ahaha, yeah no. I know my animations when I see them. That is frame-for-frame the animation I made for VKMT's Halo 4 BR.

But whatever, claim credit. You're only adding to the bad rep of latino rippers here.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 09:53 PM    Msg. 21 of 28       

Ahaha, yeah no. I know my animations when I see them. That is frame-for-frame the animation I made for VKMT's Halo 4 BR.

But whatever, claim credit. You're only adding to the bad rep of latino rippers here.

Its not, I've seen.

Roushyy

Character animator.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 10:06 PM    Msg. 22 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Its not, I've seen.

Excuse me, you didn't spend hours refining and tweaking every single movement to look just right, fixing clipping, little skips here and there that were barely noticeable. No, you made me do that. And I can tell.

It's clear as day to me. Might not be to you or anyone else but I know for a fact that animation was made by me.

I'm not trying to say he's a bad person, or the map is bad, or whatever - but I'd appreciate at least some credit. Being told that I'm lying when it is (or should be) very obvious that I'm not isn't something that leaves me calm and collected.

To the map creators - you can use that animation; it's fine. But don't try to tell me that your team did it when they clearly did not.

MrChromed

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 10:56 PM    Msg. 23 of 28       

Calm down. The last thing I need is to gain the latino stigma for what I'm trying to erase. I will ask to Cono256 if he did the animations. Like I said, all these months he is the only guy who animated our weapons. If he didn't, of course I will give the correspondent apologies to you. Do you think I'm trying to uncredit you?. I mean, I never had any idea if Cono made this animation or not, because he did all the other anims and I just assumed that he made them. Anyways, if is yours, I will apologize
Edited by Isxz on Jul 29, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Roushyy

Character animator.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 11:10 PM    Msg. 24 of 28       

Calm down. The last thing I need is to gain the latino stigma for what I'm trying to erase. I will ask to Cono256 if he did the animations. Like I said, all these months he is the only guy who animated our weapons. If he didn't, of course I will give the correspondent apologies to you. Do you think I'm trying to uncredit you?. I mean, I never had any idea if Cono made this animation or not, because he did all the other anims and I just assumed that he made them. Anyways, if is yours, I will apologize

I'm not trying to discredit you guys but that is the animation I made. I don't mind if you use it, but I do mind if you pretend like it's yours.

Regardless, keep up the good work. If you work at it, you will be like CMT someday. Don't let others drag you down.
Edited by War Master V on Jul 29, 2015 at 11:11 PM

MrChromed

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 11:16 PM    Msg. 25 of 28       

I'm not trying to discredit you guys but that is the animation I made. I don't mind if you use it, but I do mind if you pretend like it's yours.

Regardless, keep up the good work. If you work at it, you will be like CMT someday. Don't let others drag you down.
Edited by War Master V on Jul 29, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Well, I told Cono256 all this and... yeah, it seems it's yours. He explained me that he just mixed some zteam anims, cmt anims, his own anims and other old stuff from old maps and then he pitched up with the Halo 4 sounds to fit them. Maybe, one of those anims was yours. So, I apologize if you thought I tried to uncredit you, but it was never my intention
Edited by Isxz on Jul 29, 2015 at 11:17 PM

Roushyy

Character animator.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 11:21 PM    Msg. 26 of 28       
Well, I told Cono256 all this and... yeah, it seems it's yours. He explained me that he just mixed some zteam anims, cmt anims, his own anims and other old stuff from old maps and then he pitched up with the Halo 4 sounds to fit them. Maybe, one of those anims was yours. So, I apologize if you thought I tried to uncredit you, but it was never my intention
Edited by Isxz on Jul 29, 2015 at 11:17 PM

It's fine. I really don't mind that you are using it - in fact, it makes me feel good knowing I contributed something (even if indirectly). Keep doing what you guys are doing, because it looks good!

Maybe your animator can make some animations, eh?

MrChromed

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 11:26 PM    Msg. 27 of 28       
Quote: Maybe your animator can make some animations, eh?

That's why I edited the message. He makes anims, but in this case he mixed some others to gain time XD and thanks, we will give our best to bring some decent work.

BTW guys, this is the new thread made for this map. We appreciate your opinions please.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48518
Edited by Isxz on Jul 29, 2015 at 11:34 PM
Edited by Isxz on Jul 29, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Roushyy

Character animator.

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 09:23 AM    Msg. 28 of 28       
That's why I edited the message. He makes anims, but in this case he mixed some others to gain time XD and thanks, we will give our best to bring some decent work.

Don't worry, it was a joke :)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri August 23, 2019 2:53 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website