A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »someone needs a musical composer ??

Author Topic: someone needs a musical composer ?? (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

pablolinkone

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 01:25 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
Iīm not good at mapping butīs i can help the community in this . If you are interested, post it

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 01:48 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Protip: Even if you're volunteering, you need to post some sort of resume/previous work.

Roushyy

Character animator.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 11:06 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
agor.io

Expected anne.jpg
Got anne.jpg
>mrw not surprised

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 06:12 AM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Just what I needed to keep me awake.
This report writing is gonna get done in no time!

pablolinkone

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 06:59 AM    Msg. 5 of 12       
a example . This have a lot of errors butīs with this you can have a idea of my type of music.

I can make it better

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/0go9ggjacogqapa/hlTHEME.mp3

Sorry for my english , Zetren

Iīm pianist so my compositions are recording by audacity from my piano then I could add strings, bass or other sounds. Most songs are halo made by the piano so...
Edited by pablolinkone on Jul 30, 2015 at 07:08 AM

pablolinkone

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 07:32 AM    Msg. 6 of 12       
null?

Spartan314

Posted: Jul 31, 2015 08:57 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
I'm not too thrilled about your dynamics or rhythm keeping but overall it seems decent.
It'd be pretty cool to have some original music in SP maps.
Edited by Spartan314 on Jul 31, 2015 at 10:11 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jul 31, 2015 09:52 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Alright so im going to break down your musical piece and give my opinions. Fair warning you may not like what I'm saying but I'm just being as honest as possible

0:00-0:17
Very halo 2/3 esque, however the timing for your notes seems to be off and its slightly distracting. The actual keys however are fine so you can work on that easily

0:18-0:41
The transition at the beginning was awkward as hell to me. Something about it feels like it changes itself too suddenly and doesn't give a proper transition. The rest of the beat seems to follow a pretty standard pattern which isn't inherently bad but it goes on for too long.

0:42-1:10
Those back keys are a nice touch but damn do they sound off. They don't seem to melodize well with the rest of the tune and the pitches for each one sound too high. The timing is also way too spread out in my opinion but that's probably left to your own discretion. I have an idea as to what you were thinking of and I can say you almost nailed it down. Timing issues aside I like the idea

1:11-1:30
This is fine. The pitches may be too high but I feel like here it would work fine if its intentional (which it seems to be).

1:31- 1:53
You messed up with one of the keys at around 1:41, and it shows. The tempo also suddenly shifts again which makes another awkward transition between the tunes. However this seems more intentional. If you allowed for a longer falloff between the previous tune and here, then it would be a lot better and improved the overall state of your music at this point

So yeah those are my thoughts. Considering you say you're doing mainly piano pieces, you can get a lot out of a program like Fruity Loops (Or Logic Pro if you're a mac user) to get the keys you want without audio distortion from bad recordings. Plus plugins everywhere so you should be able to get a good tune going rather easily. Other than that my only suggestion would be to practice a bit more and get some feedback, this could work out very well for you.

Btcc22

Posted: Jul 31, 2015 10:28 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Very halo 2/3 esque, however the timing for your notes seems to be off and its slightly distracting. The actual keys however are fine so you can work on that easily

The entire thing is Halo 3's 'Cortana (Keep What You Steal)', not an original composition.

pablolinkone

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 04:08 AM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Alright so im going to break down your musical piece and give my opinions. Fair warning you may not like what I'm saying but I'm just being as honest as possible

0:00-0:17

0:18-0:41
The transition at the beginning was awkward as hell to me. Something about it feels like it changes itself too suddenly and doesn't give a proper transition. The rest of the beat seems to follow a pretty standard pattern which isn't inherently bad but it goes on for too long.

0:42-1:10
Those back keys are a nice touch but damn do they sound off. They don't seem to melodize well with the rest of the tune and the pitches for each one sound too high. The timing is also way too spread out in my opinion but that's probably left to your own discretion. I have an idea as to what you were thinking of and I can say you almost nailed it down. Timing issues aside I like the idea

1:11-1:30
This is fine. The pitches may be too high but I feel like here it would work fine if its intentional (which it seems to be).

1:31- 1:53
You messed up with one of the keys at around 1:41, and it shows. The tempo also suddenly shifts again which makes another awkward transition between the tunes. However this seems more intentional. If you allowed for a longer falloff between the previous tune and here, then it would be a lot better and improved the overall state of your music at this point

So yeah those are my thoughts. Considering you say you're doing mainly piano pieces, you can get a lot out of a program like Fruity Loops (Or Logic Pro if you're a mac user) to get the keys you want without audio distortion from bad recordings. Plus plugins everywhere so you should be able to get a good tune going rather easily. Other than that my only suggestion would be to practice a bit more and get some feedback, this could work out very well for you.

First thanks to be honest, really thanks for your advice Iīll use the new programs , practice a bit more(when i posted the
message I wasnīt have recorded nothing of halo themed , so I composed it in short time and i couldnīt practice too much ,...:)

On the other hand, this was only a idea of the final product and if you like it I would have finished

Really I can do it better

So, Do you like it?, Do you want something more specific?, I suck? (to all the community)
Edited by pablolinkone on Aug 1, 2015 at 04:43 AM

Spartan314

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 05:09 AM    Msg. 11 of 12       
I'd like original music and dynamics and rhythm keeping.
You don't suck though. Moar pls

Docer

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 02:12 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Try making music with FL studio, si hablas espaņol en internet hay muchos tutoriales, yo igual toco el piano aunque no soy muy bueno pero hago mis midis en FL.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 11, 2019 3:10 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website