A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Need help on editing a map

Author Topic: Need help on editing a map (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

spartan1188

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 10:48 AM    Msg. 1 of 10       
Iv have finished editing a map , iv added few tags on there and more ai's .Then i load up cmd for my halo custom edition . I enter this "tool build-cache-file levels\test\bloodgulch\bloodgulch" when that has completed i open my halo ce and play the map . but nothing has changed the ai aint there and the weapons\vehicles aint there . what can i do
Edited by spartan1188 on Aug 7, 2015 at 10:49 AM

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 11:24 AM    Msg. 2 of 10       
in multiplayer the weapons are loaded via "item collections"

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 11:35 AM    Msg. 3 of 10       
Actually you cannot compile over a pre-existing vanilla cache file. (Basically ur not allowed to overwrite the classic maps - which is what you are doing so just change the name of your custom scenario)

Open up your scenario in sapien save the scenario under a new name something subtle like: "flnkr_is_awesome" hit save close sapien > open up tool > type this syntax in without the quotes:

"tool build-cache-file levels\test\bloodgulch\flnkr_is_awesome"

Hit enter and check the results in halo after the compilation stage has completed.

:)

:)

Double smiley face becoz last hero's meeme made me smile.
Edited by SS Flanker on Aug 7, 2015 at 11:36 AM

spartan1188

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 11:50 AM    Msg. 4 of 10       
thank you :D but its not just the vanilla maps , iv tried it on the popular extinction map.i added another scarab but the map didnt change
Edited by spartan1188 on Aug 7, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 12:16 PM    Msg. 5 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: spartan1188

thank you :D but its not just the vanilla maps , iv tried it on the popular extinction map.i added another scarab but the map didnt change

Okay but try giving the scenario file you are messing around a new name and re-compile.
BTW When you boot up halo does you new map show up in the map list inside halo's ui?

If it doesn't try using a custom ui like this:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6952

Or if you are using a window 8/10 Operating System you may need to cut and paste any new or edited files from the stupid virtual store directory which windows puts them in back into the actual directory which they should be in:

C:\users\ACC_NAME\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition

/\ Cut anything there into this address \/:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition

My tutorial briefly glosses over this /\ problem download it here \/

https://mega.co.nz/#!kd1w3RwS!AnqPXj9BwSSkVlQPTcUVG0sh0BDxVIgkOPXuuuZFwX4]

Edited by SS Flanker on Aug 7, 2015 at 12:20 PM

spartan1188

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 12:57 PM    Msg. 6 of 10       
basically whats happening is . iv finished putting weapons and vehicles on a map and i save it and do all that stuff with the cmd .but when load the map nothing has changed . also is the away of injecting a scenario file into a .map file

Super Flanker

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 01:08 PM    Msg. 7 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: spartan1188
basically whats happening is . iv finished putting weapons and vehicles on a map and i save it and do all that stuff with the cmd .but when load the map nothing has changed . also is the away of injecting a scenario file into a .map file

When you open up tool cmd make sure you run it as administrator.

spartan1188

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 01:15 PM    Msg. 8 of 10       
it is

RadWolfie

Programmer

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 01:15 PM    Msg. 9 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker

Or if you are using a window 8/10 Operating System you may need to cut and paste any new or edited files from the stupid virtual store directory which windows puts them in back into the actual directory which they should be in:

C:\users\ACC_NAME\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition

/\ Cut anything there into this address \/:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition

Edited by SS Flanker on Aug 7, 2015 at 12:20 PM

Virtual Store directory started in Windows Vista, it has happened to me in Windows 7. So, basically Windows Vista and newer are doing this for all of legacy programs made for Windows XP and older without any manifest embedded. What it just need is a manifest insert in halo executable in order to avoid constant creating new files in virtual store directory.

Two way is to disable UAC or "run as Administrator" which I do not recommend anyway.

Here's the reference btw.
http://halo-fixes.findforum.net/t88-legacy-halo-application-for-windows-vista-and-above-with-virtualization-enforced-issue

spartan1188

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 01:16 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
this is what it looks like

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots?preview=Screenshot+(3).png

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 25, 2019 10:47 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website