A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CE3 2016: Looking ahead

Page 1 of 5 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · Next
Author Topic: CE3 2016: Looking ahead (150 messages, Page 1 of 5)
Moderators: Dennis

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 09:53 PM    Msg. 1 of 150       
CE3 2016 looks like it will happen with the full crew and WILL BE the LAST CE3.

That is why I'm talking to you guys early. We want to make the last CE3 the best CE3. Here is your warning. Get to work.

CE3 2016 will air August 2016. We hope this will give you more time in the summer to work on your projects.

If you are submitting a project, we want to see a rough draft 2 weeks before your deadline. This will help avoid broken rules and we can give you feedback on what we'd cut and why we'd cut it. Hopefully this will help you guys make your projects the best.
- If you are submitting a map file, you will need to submit your file 3 weeks before the show.
- If you are submitting a video, you will need to submit your video 2 weeks before the show.

We also want to work with you guys to make sure your projects are presented in the best way possible. Please contact anyone on the crew (Me or Kozakuu can help best with video presentations (as we are the directors of the show)).

We are also personally inviting Project Contingency, Installation 01, and Glassed back to CE3. No other Unity/Unreal/Ect projects will be accepted.

Just letting you guys know what's happening. Be sure to expect more information in early 2016. We also ask if you guys have anything big for 2016 if you could hold it for the show. Like I said, for the last year, we want the best and most surprising show possible.

This is also not an official announcement. If we think 2016 just isn't going to be worth it, we might not do it.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 09:58 PM    Msg. 2 of 150       
so sad :(

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 10:11 PM    Msg. 3 of 150       
Care to explain why it will be the last? It's a real shame because I feel like CE3 was our light in the darkness so to speak and one of the last things helping CE feel more alive.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 10:16 PM    Msg. 4 of 150       
Quote: --- Original message by: General_101
Care to explain why it will be the last? It's a real shame because I feel like CE3 was our light in the darkness so to speak and one of the last things helping CE feel more alive.

I'm in the middle of college and I can't keep dedicating all of this time to CE3. This will be CE3s 7th year so its no doubt the best number to end on

Pepzee

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 10:36 PM    Msg. 5 of 150       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
I'm in the middle of college and I can't keep dedicating all of this time to CE3. This will be CE3s 7th year so its no doubt the best number to end on

Suddenly I realize just how much time as passed since then.

I'm looking forward to what the projects the final CE3 will contain.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 11:13 PM    Msg. 6 of 150       
SPV3 will be there with the second half of the campaign!

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 11:29 PM    Msg. 7 of 150       
Why not replace the Co Host? I'm available hire me.

rUnRiOt

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 12:07 AM    Msg. 8 of 150       
Aww, CE3 was one thing in halo I looked forward to greatly every year! Hopefully, people don't see this as a lack of interest in Halo modding, it would suck to see new custom maps die out.

PopeAK49

I'm a living, breathing sentient tank!

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 01:05 AM    Msg. 9 of 150       
I'll have the 10k map pack ready by then.

sshers4

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 04:46 AM    Msg. 10 of 150       

That is why I'm talking to you guys early. We want to make the last CE3 the best CE3. Here is your warning. Get to work.

CE3 2016 will air August 2016. We hope this will give you more time in the summer to work on your projects.

If you are submitting a project, we want to see a rough draft 2 weeks before your deadline. This will help avoid broken rules and we can give you feedback on what we'd cut and why we'd cut it. Hopefully this will help you guys make your projects the best.
- If you are submitting a map file, you will need to submit your file 3 weeks before the show.
- If you are submitting a video, you will need to submit your video 2 weeks before the show.

We also want to work with you guys to make sure your projects are presented in the best way possible. Please contact anyone on the crew (Me or Kozakuu can help best with video presentations (as we are the directors of the show)).

We are also personally inviting Project Contingency, Installation 01, and Glassed back to CE3. No other Unity/Unreal/Ect projects will be accepted.

Just letting you guys know what's happening. Be sure to expect more information in early 2016. We also ask if you guys have anything big for 2016 if you could hold it for the show. Like I said, for the last year, we want the best and most surprising show possible.

This is also not an official announcement. If we think 2016 just isn't going to be worth it, we might not do it.
Any plans for halo online? because we can develop custom models or do we have to wait for maps,rigging and animations?

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 05:18 AM    Msg. 11 of 150       
Welp I guess there will be CE4 2017.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 08:16 AM    Msg. 12 of 150       
I think its the last one, with you included, if someone else whants to take the responsability of making the give him it, there are many people that are for prepared for that

For the presentacion, well i think its better to dedicate more time to proyects. I sugest making a studio with a lot of people and with both of you in the stage

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 12:18 PM    Msg. 13 of 150       
If we think 2016 just isn't going to be worth it, we might not do it.

Come on, we already discussed me entrance; assuming I get that done, obviously its worth it. Plus, that entrance is actually setup in finale style anyways.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 02:01 PM    Msg. 14 of 150       
I have a lot of you asking if I'm still apart of CE3, Yes I am. Is this my last one? I honestly don't know yet. I'm still torn whether I want to go down with it on a strong note or try to keep it alive and see if I can make it better.

So to all you asking can I be co host? I can not answer that until I figure out if I still want to try to keep this alive.

BlitzOfSBB

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 02:09 PM    Msg. 15 of 150       
Was I the only one surprised CE3 2016 was announced? Though for sure CE3 2015 was the end of the line.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 02:14 PM    Msg. 16 of 150       
If Composition makes progress it'll be reason enough to watch. Please save that one for last then, it promises to be the best project.

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 03:09 PM    Msg. 17 of 150       
it was fun while it lasted

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 03:19 PM    Msg. 18 of 150       
Thanks guys for inviting Installation 01 to CE3 2016. I'll get back to you on if we accept.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 04:52 PM    Msg. 19 of 150       
so, does that means the HMUs will be cancelled too ?

MatthewDratt

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 06:21 PM    Msg. 20 of 150       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
so, does that means the HMUs will be cancelled too ?

No. HMUs will continue when needed.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 06:47 PM    Msg. 21 of 150       
The last CE3? Noooooo.

Grunter

I'm back from the dead and reporting for duty!

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 06:56 PM    Msg. 22 of 150       

Welp, i got something to do with ma time now. :)

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 12:14 AM    Msg. 23 of 150       
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4

Any plans for halo online? because we can develop custom models or do we have to wait for maps,rigging and animations?
no because it's not halo game....

I don't think you guy's would give it up like that. I mean if you did halo ce dies no joke. but even so I better get off my ass and get some mods done as well as a map im making

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 01:14 AM    Msg. 24 of 150       
There is no decent content for Halo Online anyway.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 02:52 AM    Msg. 25 of 150       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

ooooooooo kill 'em

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Don't mind if I quote you on that.
;)

I'm gonna miss Kirby's bipeds the most...

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 03:04 AM    Msg. 26 of 150       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

ooooooooo kill 'em

Don't mind if I quote you on that.
;)

I'm gonna miss Kirby's bipeds the most...

Dam, gonna miss this show, and no other fan-made halo games? too bad :'(

sshers4

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 07:33 AM    Msg. 27 of 150       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

Someone imported lockeout into HO.

The heck? Halo online is actually a real halo game, not a fan game.
Edited by sshers4 on Sep 11, 2015 at 07:34 AM

DOOM899

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 07:58 AM    Msg. 28 of 150       

cut

The heck? Halo online is actually a real halo game, not a fan game.
Edited by sshers4 on Sep 11, 2015 at 07:34 AM
no it's not real halo game because being hacked to hell makes it not a game just a hack not a game . and not just that your a dumb ass for saying it as it is not legal you'd get ce3 shutdown for good
Edited by DOOM899 on Sep 11, 2015 at 07:59 AM

DOOM899

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 08:28 AM    Msg. 29 of 150       
Quote: --- Original message by: DoodleSama
no it's not real halo game because being hacked to hell makes it not a game just a hack not a game . and not just that your a dumb ass for saying it as it is not legal you'd get ce3 shutdown for good
Edited by DOOM899 on Sep 11, 2015 at 07:59 AM

I don't even.
can you read it's not a game just a hack job and not legal. sad to see your a dumb two

to add not legal

Edited by DOOM899 on Sep 11, 2015 at 06:49 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 09:30 AM    Msg. 30 of 150       
To make his statement understandable:
"Halo online has extremely limited mapping capabilities and all methods require using tools from a version under questionable legality."

Contingency, I01, and glassed basically debuted on CE3, so having them return is generally just courtesy

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 10:03 AM    Msg. 31 of 150       
Quote: --- Original message by: DoodleSama

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
"Halo online has extremely limited mapping capabilities and all methods require using tools from a version under questionable legality."

Why thank you for making his statement understandable, because I doubt he proofreads his posts. Anyway back on point. Halo Online is obviously not going to make it on Halo CE3 as there are questionable legality regarding it. The three projects you mentioned however are fan games, so it'll be an asshole move on Microsoft to call a C&D on any Halo fan project (Even though is in their legal right since it's their IP, but they don't want bad PR). Also, I wonder if Bean is still salty over that cruel joke I did to him a year ago.
Edited by DoodleSama on Sep 11, 2015 at 09:42 AM

Outdated build is outdated. Don't worry Frost, I'm not THAT salty that people could have played a crappy build. Installation 01 will have something to say very soon...

Edited by TheChunkierBean on Sep 11, 2015 at 10:04 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 10:06 AM    Msg. 32 of 150       
I can foresee HO being .1% better than H2v. And be nice to sshers he lives up the road from meh.

DOOM899

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 06:53 PM    Msg. 33 of 150       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
To make his statement understandable:

Contingency, I01, and glassed basically debuted on CE3, so having them return is generally just courtesy
you forgot to add it will shutdown ce3{MS}.
I guess that's what I get for being up to late
Edited by DOOM899 on Sep 11, 2015 at 06:53 PM

biernacki90

poop

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 07:35 PM    Msg. 34 of 150       

Woah let's not get ahead of ourselves we both know that won't be happening

Contingency

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 07:35 PM    Msg. 35 of 150       
Although promises cannot be made, the Project Contingency Team would be honored to accept our invitation to the upcoming CE3 2016 and will make our best effort to attend.

Page 1 of 5 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 4:17 AM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website