A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 5 - Sanghelios campaign gameplay

Page 4 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Halo 5 - Sanghelios campaign gameplay (200 messages, Page 4 of 6)
Moderators: Dennis

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 06:35 AM    Msg. 106 of 200       
@lodex

Maybe, I haven't looked into the map list. Shouldn't be much of an issue for "remade" maps. Plus there's forge for whoever decides to remake some classics, or new maps based around the classic gameplay. AFAIK we know nothing of playlists yet, but maybe there will be a "no sprint no ledge grab" gametype, I doubt it but it could happen. Id rather have the option than not have it. Also, these options are edited within the gametype, they apply for all players in the game, no one will have a disadvantage.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Sep 27, 2015 at 06:38 AM

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 06:59 AM    Msg. 107 of 200       
Only if base speed is upped allong with it.

Plus, it would divide the population in a community with sprint and one without ingame.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 10:14 AM    Msg. 108 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

@lodex

Maybe, I haven't looked into the map list. Shouldn't be much of an issue for "remade" maps. Plus there's forge for whoever decides to remake some classics, or new maps based around the classic gameplay. AFAIK we know nothing of playlists yet, but maybe there will be a "no sprint no ledge grab" gametype, I doubt it but it could happen. Id rather have the option than not have it. Also, these options are edited within the gametype, they apply for all players in the game, no one will have a disadvantage.

Level design has nothing to do with those mechanics.

If one user has sprint by default and another user decides to turn it off (entirely his choice though), the player with sprint is obviously going to have a bigger advantage getting around the level itself. Same with ledge grab.
Edited by Higuy on Sep 27, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 11:20 AM    Msg. 109 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

@lodex

If one user has sprint by default and another user decides to turn it off (entirely his choice though), the player with sprint is obviously going to have a bigger advantage getting around the level itself. Same with ledge grab.

He means in custom games, in custom games you can disable which spartan abilities are enabled. So no one would have sprint or ledge grabbing if you are playing lockout made via forge.

ADS is NOT just a replacement for zoom masks though, it gives new bonus's to weapons that didnt have zoom before... which is silly

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 11:40 AM    Msg. 110 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

@lodex

Reread what I said, and read the whole thing. A single player cannot disable sprint and ledge grabbing on their own. If that was the case, yes level design would be irrelevant, having such a feature to be "optional" to the player on matchmaking is down right useless, I don't know why that would even be assumed to be the case.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Sep 27, 2015 at 11:42 AM

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 12:17 PM    Msg. 111 of 200       
A "classic" playlist with those additional features disabled would be nice.
On a sidenote, can anyone quickly confirm all online issues of the MCC have been resolved? I'm still waiting for a good excuse to finally get an Xbone.

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 01:06 PM    Msg. 112 of 200       
It's stable enough to have fun, but still not what you'd expect it to be as far as MP goes. The Campaigns have al been ported flawlessly.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 01:44 PM    Msg. 113 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
A bit true, but there are still many differences in all those games

There are, but the growing number of similarities and common elements makes each franchise less distinct. The once clear boundaries between the high-profile FPS games are slowly blurring into what appears to be an increasingly uniform approach to the genre. If I can describe a scene and you can't tell me whether it's Halo or CoD, something's off.
Edited by Echo77 on Sep 27, 2015 at 01:50 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 01:53 PM    Msg. 114 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
A bit true, but there are still many differences in all those games

There are, but the growing number of similarities and common elements makes each franchise less distinct. The once clear boundaries between the high-profile FPS games are slowly blurring into what appears to be an increasingly uniform approach to the genre. If I can describe a scene and you can't tell me whether it's Halo or CoD, something's off.
Edited by Echo77 on Sep 27, 2015 at 01:50 PM

This is pretty much a classic case of the money making scheme.

If an idea sells, replicate it > change it's name > generate massive hype > profit.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 02:01 PM    Msg. 115 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
On a sidenote, can anyone quickly confirm all online issues of the MCC have been resolved? I'm still waiting for a good excuse to finally get an Xbone.

Personally I have a blast on MCC. I've beaten all campaigns solo on legendary except halo 4, and had a fun time doing so. I have a lot of fun online too. I have minimal connection issues and when I have the time to play Xbox I find myself playing matchmaking for hours.

ThatGuyWhoLikesCats

"If God is love, then you can call me Cupid"

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 11:40 PM    Msg. 116 of 200       

Campaigns work perfectly fine and always have.
However, you might still have some trouble with matchmaking waiting to find a match. Not because there are still problems with matchmaking itself, but because no one plays any playlist besides Halo 2 Classic.

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 10:58 AM    Msg. 117 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: ThatGuyWhoLikesCats

Campaigns work perfectly fine and always have.
However, you might still have some trouble with matchmaking waiting to find a match. Not because there are still problems with matchmaking itself, but because no one plays any playlist besides Halo 2 Classic.

not really... H2 crashes with skulls if you play Co-op, H3 still has aiming and sound issues. I think H2 also can desync during online co-op.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 11:13 AM    Msg. 118 of 200       
Hmm, I just want a H2 big team CTF playlist that only features Relic, Terminal and Coagulation. With plenty of population. Would that be within realistic expectations nowadays?

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 11:35 AM    Msg. 119 of 200       
the BTB playlist features all 5 included games. But you would get H2A Coagulation and Relic mixed in there as well.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 12:17 PM    Msg. 120 of 200       
I can never join my friends coop on halo 2.

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 03:44 PM    Msg. 121 of 200       
You have to start a mission solo with skulls, then quit, then have them joint he lobby, then resume your solo session, it will say you will lose progress and then it will load with both of you.

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 04:06 PM    Msg. 122 of 200       
Halo 6 leaked ingame graphics:
http://i61.tinypic.com/2ecnqbm.jpg

ThatGuyWhoLikesCats

"If God is love, then you can call me Cupid"

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 04:11 PM    Msg. 123 of 200       
I never played Co op over Live, but alright then.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 05:58 PM    Msg. 124 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

please go away. nobody cares about your work on this thread.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 07:39 AM    Msg. 125 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

please go away. nobody cares about your work on this thread.

But...but his photoshop skills are so beast¬

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 05:21 PM    Msg. 126 of 200       
So I took a few screenshots. Apologies for the bad quality.

(A lot) more here: http://imgur.com/a/FRbfR

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 07:26 PM    Msg. 127 of 200       
Zombie grunt confirmed

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 12:20 AM    Msg. 128 of 200       

In all seriousness though, those screens are super enticing. I can't wait to see some more gameplay footage. It looks like Hunters will have another shot to throw us around a bit, but hopefully we'll be better equipped to deal with them fairly on Heroic+ compared to Reach.

Edited by DarkHalo003 on Sep 30, 2015 at 12:28 AM

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 12:36 AM    Msg. 129 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: DoodleSama
I'll give 343 props that they finally get what we PC gamers have known for years. Games must run at 60FPS or higher. This is not an option so suck it Masterz. More developers on consoles should follow 343's example of 60FPS. If you have to sacrifice 1920x1080 for 60FPS on consoles then so be it.

Always found it hilarious when people were saying next gen consoles games were going to be 1080p and 60 FPS like it is some big deal. It has been the standard for about a decade now.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 12:42 AM    Msg. 130 of 200       
That wraith looks like a dog standing upright on its front legs.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 12:47 AM    Msg. 131 of 200       

We get it you don't like rocks or dogs.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 02:38 AM    Msg. 132 of 200       

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear...??

SOI_7

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 06:34 AM    Msg. 133 of 200       
The Kraken is simply disgusting... it has so many unneeded details that it gives me headache. I also dislike the majority of the sounds for the Covenant weapons, and Promethean weapons are still too generic. Oh, and I'm still mad that the Swords Of Sanghelios are just recolored Storm Covenant instead of having a classic armor like the H2A one. Other than that the game looks purdy, and the OST is beautiful

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 12:00 PM    Msg. 134 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

We get it you don't like rocks or dogs.

I'm not disclosing my feelings towards dogs, but it really does look like one:

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 03:20 PM    Msg. 135 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Oh, and I'm still mad that the Swords Of Sanghelios are just recolored Storm Covenant instead of having a classic armor like the H2A one. Other than that the game looks purdy, and the OST is beautiful

I don't get it either, I think what happened was:

-343 makes new covenant design for Halo 4
-Fans complain
-343 claims "this is a different faction" don't worry
-H2A elites look awesome, arbiter and his team look like classic elites
-343 retcons by using same halo 4 covenant design in halo 5

You can see that arbiters team in Halo 5 looks exactly like the storm faction. It seems like they don't want to use the classic covenant look for anything. As each new Halo game comes out, 343 makes the covenant look more ancient instead of futuristic and advanced. Look at the wraith and ghost for example. I don't know what the reasoning is but its not good. Especially if we get to fight on the same team as elites, if they don't at least change the covenant separist designs back to the Halo2/3 design, it's going to be really confusing in the battlefield.

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 05:59 PM    Msg. 136 of 200       
More stuff.

Some Halo 5 Warzone gameplay if you haven't seen it already: https://youtu.be/otEo_JSWun8

Halo 5 seat switch animation

New Gungoose

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 06:11 PM    Msg. 137 of 200       
Hey the ghost looks cool.

It's clear that 343 can make good looking next gen designs, take a look at everything in H2A. They chose to do these designs probably just to define their games from Bungie's... I can understand them putting lots of money and time and not wanting to throw it out after one game and making sure things are consistent across their trilogy.

There seems to be a lack of understanding around the design philosophies of the original series, H4 didn't suffer as bad as H5 is but they also re-used lots of assets.

I can tell you this much, most of my time spent looking at H5 leaves me thinking why does this look like this and not enough of "wow that looks awesome".

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 08:31 PM    Msg. 138 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Hey the ghost looks cool.

Subjective. To me it looks weird now that its all shell and no inner metal

It's clear that 343 can make good looking next gen designs, take a look at everything in H2A. They chose to do these designs probably just to define their games from Bungie's... I can understand them putting lots of money and time and not wanting to throw it out after one game and making sure things are consistent across their trilogy.

Sure, Consistency is good, but since they already have the wicked cool elites from H2A, why not use them to show the separation between storm and arbiters? that doesn't make sense

There seems to be a lack of understanding around the design philosophies of the original series, H4 didn't suffer as bad as H5 is but they also re-used lots of assets.

H4 had some terrible art unless im reading into that wrong

I can tell you this much, most of my time spent looking at H5 leaves me thinking why does this look like this and not enough of "wow that looks awesome".
Pretty much

My thoughts

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 11:51 PM    Msg. 139 of 200       
Probably don't use them because the bodies are different, but they did mix and match arbiters and guns with H4 style armor so who knows.

H4 had some good stuff in it, the DMR was nice looking, so was most of the covie tech. Hunters looked really cool and I did enjoy the Jackals even if they weren't faithful to the originals. The natural environments were stunning as well.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 03:41 AM    Msg. 140 of 200       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx
Some Halo 5 Warzone gameplay if you haven't seen it already: https://youtu.be/otEo_JSWun8

It doesn't feel like Halo to me anymore...

Page 4 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 11:02 PM 718 ms.
A Halo Maps Website