A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[TUT] Bsp Extraction, Modification & Re-implementation.

Author Topic: [TUT] Bsp Extraction, Modification & Re-implementation. (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Oct 10, 2015 12:28 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
For starscream20 and hopefully anyone else struggling with this topic.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48667

Download as zip.

https://mega.nz/#F!NVNkQTrA!4uefbrxu21mI0xhTpFniZg

What these videos cover:

> Ripping 2 stock halo custom edition bsp's.

> Importing them into 3dsmax.

> Merging certain elements of one bsp into another.

> Moderate error checking.

> Exporting & converting. (3d level data, textures to tags.)

> Minor Population & Final Map compilation

> In-game test.

Additional inclusions:

Project Files > Art & Game files (.tags)

--Notes--

> I haven't uploaded this to youtube because I have a tutorial series which is currently halfway through progression. Once that is out of the way I will upload this tutorial course to my channel:(which is a WIP)

> I'll update the read_me doc when I have the chance.

> My voice sucks, I'll remember to chug on some more H2o in the future.

> Feel free to link any of the content included in the download to your own personal sites to increase awareness. Just credit me :D

If you can't download.

1. Your ISP sucks

2. Your settings/permissions suck

3. I suck

4. We all suck.

Edited by SS Flanker on Oct 10, 2015 at 01:01 PM

MatthewDratt

TAKEDOWN IS OUT MattDratt.com

Posted: Oct 10, 2015 12:55 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
Cool!

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Oct 10, 2015 01:06 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
very nice

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Oct 10, 2015 02:36 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
use mediafire, is almost the same thing

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Oct 10, 2015 06:52 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
good tut, do you have any on how to animate vehicles?Some of rododos vehicles (space banshee and sabre) dont work, they crash the map

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Oct 11, 2015 09:13 AM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Cool!

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
very nice

Happy to help.

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
2.57 GB. Mega.nz slows down the transfer rate to a crawl by 98%. Please use a different file sharing web site. Perhaps a written tutorial with screenshots would be more suitable? The HEK tutorial uses that.

Mega.co.nz is possibly the best cloud site in terms of ul/dl speeds for my beastly ISP, which is why I am very fond of it. If your speeds are slowing to a crawl you either have to many parallel connections or your network is a little underpowered.

As for using an alternate mode of media sharing site if you can find one which offers me 50Gb or more on a free account I would be more than happy to shift the upload to that hypothetical site.

BTW A written tutorial would take far too much of my time, and plus a video is more personal and resonates with a lot more people. My self included.

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
use mediafire, is almost the same thing

Apart from the fact that both sites allow you to save files on a temporary server they really aren't. (I don't want to get into an argument just because some of you experience better output from an alternate means.)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
p s s s t. . . . y o u t u b e

Read my notes in the OP brah.

I just watched it.

You did a nice job. I benefitted from seeing you use 3DS Max, since you used helpful techniques for modeling which I did not know were available in 3DS Max.

I skimmed through the section in the first video that you said you would speed through, since the video did not seem edited at that point. The sound loses synchronization with the picture at the end of the second video when you mention Mountain Dew. It is fine at the very end, though.

This tutorial does not use portalling.

Thanks.

First thank you for taking the time to critique my contribution.

Secondly my initial plan was to speed the boring stuff up but I conceded in light of not having enough time to commit to the editing portion of the video, apologies for this I'll make amends once this goes up on youtube.

Thirdly I went back to the original recorded files which do prove that desyncing does take place in a number of sections, once again thank you for pointing this out I may not have even noticed this were it not for your call out.

Fourthly: demonstrating the correct procedure of setting up portals for the BSP I used would push the run length of the second tutorial to nearly an 1hr35. Perhaps in the near future I may commit my self to a tutorial which focuses solely on portalling.

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
good tut, do you have any on how to animate vehicles?Some of rododos vehicles (space banshee and sabre) dont work, they crash the map

I do not exclusively specialize in vehicles nor do I take requests when my glass is already full to the brim, though there must be one member within the halo modding community who can assist you with your ordeals.

Skidrow925

Posted: Oct 15, 2015 12:29 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't have a gigabite internet line. Just a switch. I mean I could be wrong and you could own a university or corporation or something but even so, LAN and HDD speeds have no bearing on your internet transfer speed. A connection is only sd fast as its slowest link. For example, I have 5 and 10 GB switches on the intranet, but our connection is only like 80 down and 30 up. If I direct transfer to someone with 10 down and 5 up, it'll seem slow from my end.

Skidrow925

Posted: Oct 15, 2015 02:15 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
It's a 1 Gbps network with 100 TB of monthly bandwidth. Internet speed testing never really reaches the maximum bandwidth available; on average, it seems anywhere between 450 and 750 Mbps although it all depends upon distance.
why where and how? Mostly why? But I must laugh that you actually have a data cap.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 12, 2020 6:42 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website