A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »New Map [WIP] [not named yet]

Page 6 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · Prev
Author Topic: New Map [WIP] [not named yet] (181 messages, Page 6 of 6)
Moderators: Dennis

Nertez

Zetren b&

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 02:40 PM    Msg. 176 of 181       
looks absolutely amazing

EmmanuelCD

I hate this comunity as much as hate my existence

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 03:34 PM    Msg. 177 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7

I really, really like this map. It's so unique, futuristic and simple at the same time.

My suggestions are about the cubemap you're using on the metal surfaces. I don't know if it's due to your graphic settings, but it looks too pixelated, and since your BSP uses a small set of textures i think you could compile a 32 bit version of that cubemap, or another one with better quality. Some stuff on the sky to make it dynamic like moving clouds or other thingies would be welcome. And lastly, I'd put some lights on the wall that closes the map as well.

(Increase the color of emitted light in your shaders so that they impact your lightmaps, it will help your map a lot).

Which tagset are you going to use, btw? Still CEA?
Edited by SOI_7 on Aug 28, 2017 at 02:22 PM

Ok, thanks for feedback, I Will try to use other cubemaps
About the sky, i'm not sure since it's a unity Skybox, and compiling bitmaps at 32 bit Will increase size alot the filesize.

And the tagset, i'm planing making 2 versions, CEA and 4, but since all the G4 tagsets are f*****up it will be a few months to make the H4 version that was the original concept

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 05:34 PM    Msg. 178 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7

I really, really like this map. It's so unique, futuristic and simple at the same time.

My suggestions are about the cubemap you're using on the metal surfaces. I don't know if it's due to your graphic settings, but it looks too pixelated, and since your BSP uses a small set of textures i think you could compile a 32 bit version of that cubemap, or another one with better quality. Some stuff on the sky to make it dynamic like moving clouds or other thingies would be welcome. And lastly, I'd put some lights on the wall that closes the map as well.

(Increase the color of emitted light in your shaders so that they impact your lightmaps, it will help your map a lot).

Which tagset are you going to use, btw? Still CEA?
Edited by SOI_7 on Aug 28, 2017 at 02:22 PM

Ok, thanks for feedback, I Will try to use other cubemaps
About the sky, i'm not sure since it's a unity Skybox, and compiling bitmaps at 32 bit Will increase size alot the filesize.

And the tagset, i'm planing making 2 versions, CEA and 4, but since all the G4 tagsets are f*****up it will be a few months to make the H4 version that was the original concept

You don't need to compile the Skybox as 32 bit, just the cubemap of the metal surface. The Skybox just needs to be animated somehow.
Good luck with the tagset, I have yet to see a decent H4 tagset around here

EmmanuelCD

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 08:00 PM    Msg. 179 of 181       
ShadowMods are revamping their H4 tagset with better balance, damage values and shaders, but I have to wait until octuber.
Edited by EmmanuelCD on Aug 28, 2017 at 08:01 PM

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 05:21 PM    Msg. 180 of 181       
You've definitely outdone yourself with this map Emmanuel, it looks amazing!

Please let the gameplay be amazing too

EmmanuelCD

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 02:19 PM    Msg. 181 of 181       
Some Minor updates on Hex Zone

Halo 4 model, Halo 1 animation and Halo 5 skin, however it does'nt look so bad. Credits to VKMT and ShadowMods

Video
https://youtu.be/nvPv6msHsfU

Plus some plasma thingy skins I'm making. I'm planing to have a script to have skins and avoid have multiples weapons using permutations in the weapons model

Video
https://youtu.be/WPOmJLK84hY

As I said before there will be 2 Versions, Halo 4 and Anniversary

Sugestios and help are always recieved PD: Somebody know how to make shader transparent chicago totally opaque?
Edited by EmmanuelCD on Oct 30, 2017 at 02:20 PM
Edited by EmmanuelCD on Oct 30, 2017 at 02:29 PM

Page 6 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat November 18, 2017 5:05 AM 1,093 ms.
A Halo Maps Website