A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Chatter about Halo 5 Is chatter

Author Topic: Chatter about Halo 5 Is chatter (24 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

greyhamism

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 03:44 AM    Msg. 1 of 24       

Oskarmandude

Bosnia

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 04:00 AM    Msg. 2 of 24       
Pretty sure they said the exact same thing about 3, Wars, ODST, Reach, 4 and MCC.

greyhamism

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 04:10 AM    Msg. 3 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
Pretty sure they said the exact same thing about 3, Wars, ODST, Reach, 4 and MCC.

Yea which why i didn't go all "0MG H@L0 5 F0R PC CONFIRM3D" .

But given that we now have mostly viable copies of each halo game released to date (excluding halo wars) that run on an x86 platform (the xbone), porting would be a whole lot easier. That said, going be their track record, im not getting my hopes up

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 09:40 AM    Msg. 4 of 24       
I wouldn't buy it anyway

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 09:49 AM    Msg. 5 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
I wouldn't buy it anyway

inb4: torrent, then argues I don't use torrent.

Mootjuh

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 11:01 AM    Msg. 6 of 24       
I'd just watch let's plays for the story.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 06:29 PM    Msg. 7 of 24       
I think 90% of everyone fails to realize they mean "Halo on PC" as in "Stream Xbox One to Windows 10" and nothing more. 343i and MS both stated this some time ago and I don't see any information in any news post by ANY gaming news outlet that states that this wont be the case.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 10:32 PM    Msg. 8 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
I think 90% of everyone fails to realize they mean "Halo on PC" as in "Stream Xbox One to Windows 10" and nothing more. 343i and MS both stated this some time ago and I don't see any information in any news post by ANY gaming news outlet that states that this wont be the case.

This is not true. It has been known for a long while that MCC and Halo 5 will be capable of streaming to PC.

It's probably not hard to tell, but Microsoft is scrambling behind the scenes about what to do for Halo on PC. They know what we want, they've known it since the backlash on Halo 2 PC. They know Halo is single-handedly holding up the Xbox market and that any kind of release is going to have an impact on it.

If you ask me they should just release the original trilogy on steam then go from there.

Edit: It's pretty upsetting for me to think back to the days of CE in 2004/05 and remembering the awesome/growing community for Halo on the PC. So many great memories, and I know I could relive them if H3 was released on the PC the way CE was.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Oct 23, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Tnnaas

Venez voir maman. Avatar credit: kevinsano

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 10:44 PM    Msg. 9 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
If you ask me they should just release the original trilogy on steam then go from there.
Doesn't Valve take a cut of the price though? Microsoft loves their Halo money too much; I bet they'll try the Windows Store.

Doctored image, do not believe.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 10:45 PM    Msg. 10 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tnnaas
Doesn't Valve take a cut of the price though? Microsoft loves their Halo money too much; I bet they'll try the Windows Store.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/6e1f58cd8400de2962beaeef7d4340f2/tumblr_nwped9GGJ71uhej79o1_1280.png
Doctored image, do not believe.

I'd be okay with either one, I only said steam because the past 2 games (spartan assault and strike) made it to steam.

Tnnaas

Venez voir maman. Avatar credit: kevinsano

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 10:47 PM    Msg. 11 of 24       
I'd be okay with either one, I only said steam because the past 2 games (spartan assault and strike) made it to steam.
Whoops, I forgot those games existed. I even own one. :v

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Oct 24, 2015 04:35 AM    Msg. 12 of 24       
This is not true. It has been known for a long while that MCC and Halo 5 will be capable of streaming to PC.

I think 90% of everyone fails to realize they mean "Halo on PC" as in "Stream Xbox One to Windows 10" and nothing more.

Was there any difference in what we said? You had 343i and MS both saying that Halo 3 would hit PC soon too, but the closest we got was Halo Online which isn't even H3, or showing up the majority of PC gamers. I don't see how anything here is different. If anything I expect them to make a sequel out of Spartan Strike and just allow streaming.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Oct 24, 2015 07:19 AM    Msg. 13 of 24       
Halo is a console seller. There's a reason it says "exclusive" on it. Whatever they do, it will probably be streaming to get to PC. There's even better chances you wont see mod tools. DLC is a real thing, and it makes companies money.

NeX

Posted: Oct 24, 2015 02:24 PM    Msg. 14 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Halo is a console seller. There's a reason it says "exclusive" on it. Whatever they do, it will probably be streaming to get to PC. There's even better chances you wont see mod tools. DLC is a real thing, and it makes companies money.

I don't disagree at all.

I would point out though, that if community maps and content were free (i.e. made by released official tools, not some forge crap), and easily integrated, having "official" DLC cost money would actually make sense. You're getting a lot of free community content, and the official stuff is likely to be higher quality, and thus cost money.

Seems like an easy way to make people ok with DLC to me...

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Oct 24, 2015 03:56 PM    Msg. 15 of 24       

I think 90% of everyone fails to realize they mean "Halo on PC" as in "Stream Xbox One to Windows 10" and nothing more.

Was there any difference in what we said? You had 343i and MS both saying that Halo 3 would hit PC soon too, but the closest we got was Halo Online which isn't even H3, or showing up the majority of PC gamers. I don't see how anything here is different. If anything I expect them to make a sequel out of Spartan Strike and just allow streaming.

There is. Microsoft and 343 know what we mean when Halo is asked for on PC. If they meant "halo will come to PC as in streaming" like you say, they'd definitely say "well with the new streaming feature you'll be able to play any halo on PC lolol". Which they don't.

Halo wars 2 had a specific Windows 10 announcement, so it's getting a PC specific release. MCC and Halo 5 didn't have this, yet they will be able to stream like many other Xbox games.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the game returning to PC. After Halo 5 releases, and the marketing strategy fades, it'll be more likely. Nothing is going to happen anytime soon.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Oct 24, 2015 at 04:05 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Oct 24, 2015 08:35 PM    Msg. 16 of 24       
Halo 3 released in 2007, and 8 years later it still has yet to hit the PC market. By the time it's old enough for its 4th anniversary, then maybe PC gamers will get something, but until then I don't see it happening. Pessimistic as it may be, I don't see Microsoft trying to do anything but hold up their consoles so that more people will buy them.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 08:32 AM    Msg. 17 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: BigBadBootyDaddy
All I see is nothing but a bunch of gas-pumping, tobacco-chewing, inbred, white trash!

It's not our fault our cousins are hawt.

Zonda

👺

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 08:35 AM    Msg. 18 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
stop

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 10:51 AM    Msg. 19 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zonda
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
stop

in the naaaaaaaaaaaaame of looove

Mootjuh

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 01:45 PM    Msg. 20 of 24       
So MAtchmaking times seem pretty long.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 02:09 PM    Msg. 21 of 24       

It's probably not hard to tell, but Microsoft is scrambling behind the scenes about what to do for Halo on PC. They know what we want, they've known it since the backlash on Halo 2 PC. They know Halo is single-handedly holding up the Xbox market and that any kind of release is going to have an impact on it.

Edit: It's pretty upsetting for me to think back to the days of CE in 2004/05 and remembering the awesome/growing community for Halo on the PC. So many great memories, and I know I could relive them if H3 was released on the PC the way CE was.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Oct 23, 2015 at 10:39 PM

My prediction is that they'll release a Halo Anniversary Trilogy for PC in a couple of years for Halo 3's Anniversary.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 02:19 PM    Msg. 22 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
So MAtchmaking times seem pretty long.

What would an average waiting time be?

Mootjuh

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 02:22 PM    Msg. 23 of 24       
Varies. But seems like it isn't released everywhere yet.

Note that I don't have the game so I can't just check it out when I want.
Edited by Mootjuh on Oct 26, 2015 at 02:41 PM

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 01:24 PM    Msg. 24 of 24       
Halo 3 released in 2007, and 8 years later it still has yet to hit the PC market. By the time it's old enough for its 4th anniversary, then maybe PC gamers will get something, but until then I don't see it happening. Pessimistic as it may be, I don't see Microsoft trying to do anything but hold up their consoles so that more people will buy them.

windows 10 exclusive would be a good idea for microsoft aswell if you ask me

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed August 12, 2020 1:43 AM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website