A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Need somebody for my new custom campaign.

Author Topic: Need somebody for my new custom campaign. (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Oct 25, 2015 12:47 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
If you don't have the knowledge to create such a thing... then why try it? Not that you shouldn't try to do new things, but do things that you know you can manage, and not things that you don't know how to do.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Oct 25, 2015 01:28 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
You can count with me. :v

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Oct 25, 2015 03:04 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Theres 5 steps i have to make an sp Map

1.- You need a convincent story, think what kind of gameplay you want
2.-Imagine the enviroment, i prefer grab a piece of paper and begin to draw (includes enemies an other things).
3.-Bsp construction, make, design, modify and try to think want are you goning to throw it.
4.-Friendly user. it must be optimized for every computer and user.
5.-Testing, i learn by a bad way that you always take any thing that wasnt planed, any error and bug must be fixed or at least not noticed

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 12:20 AM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Or just do what I did and come up with a really good idea and slowly work out random details in no particular order over the next 5 or 6 years, never actually following any particular thing to completation byt making some neat stuff in the meantime.

(i swear i'll make something somdeay guys)

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 12:25 AM    Msg. 5 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
If you don't have the knowledge to create such a thing... then why try it? Not that you shouldn't try to do new things, but do things that you know you can manage, and not things that you don't know how to do.

This, I learned this the hard way, and as such I'm making only tags atm.

Roushyy

Character animator.

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 04:23 AM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: BigBadBootyDaddy
Any of you Hooches out there, wanna get some action? The Big Bad Booty Daddy will give you satisfaction!
What.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 07:53 AM    Msg. 7 of 12       
2 things I learned roaming here:
1. If you want something done right, do it yourself
2. If you don't got the man to do the job, become that man.
Literally, the best teacher here is experience.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 08:14 AM    Msg. 8 of 12       
I've notice a growing trend amongst this site with regards to "I need something, something" threads.

I might start my very own soon.

I need a single white female preferably over the age of 18 but I'm not picky. (I understand that it's wise to pick up on job prospects as soon as you can. )

Nickster5000

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 01:45 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Before you even consider what you want to create this in, you need to decide what you want to create first. Do you want to tell a story? Do you want to create a project where you fight AI? Do you want to create a project where people fight each other? Once you figure that out, you need to start writing your ideas down and expand on them. Get it to where you can play this creation in words, writing it in a way where the words can make a visual depiction for you to go off of. Gather some concept art while you're at it. Once you have these things in mind, then start working on it. Judging your join date, it looks like you're going to have to learn some things to make it successful.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 06:32 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       
@op now with your posts you seem skill less and not motivated / not willing to learn. In addition to the fact that you already know nothing.
Thus, nobody will want to do anything at your place. I mean why would anybody do that amount of work for you ?

Grunter

I'm back from the dead and reporting for duty!

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 07:24 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Alex21788
Hi all. I am creating my own custom campaign and it is very early alpha. I have learned my lesson after the disaster of a thread that I put up concerning Project SpearHead. I am working on the script atm, But I a one man show here. I need some bright folks here to help. What I want to do is to create a custom bsp to fit the story and encounters I plan to do. Sadly, I have not got the knowledge to create such a thing. Will anyone volunteer?

If you need a Grunt voice, i could help.

Dont Cuss

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 10:33 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Alex21788
Hi all. I am creating my own custom campaign and it is very early alpha. I have learned my lesson after the disaster of a thread that I put up concerning Project SpearHead. I am working on the script atm, But I a one man show here. I need some bright folks here to help. What I want to do is to create a custom bsp to fit the story and encounters I plan to do. Sadly, I have not got the knowledge to create such a thing. Will anyone volunteer?

I will do it. I need the practice.

Though I need somethings from you.
-A map layout: Make this in paint, paper and take a picture of it, I am not picky.
-A theme: Is this a forerunner planet, covenant world, UNSC military base, ect.
-Encounter descriptions: Will I need big paths for vehicles, tight corners for shotguns, nice long sight lines for sniping, ect.

Get me these things and I should be able to have a draft in a few days (pending nothing comes up).

Edit: A lot of great advice guys but still remember: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=15269
Edited by Dont Cuss on Nov 1, 2015 at 10:36 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 10:05 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website