A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 5 is here! And it's ready to blow you away!

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: Halo 5 is here! And it's ready to blow you away! (77 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Reegar Carbine

Idk???

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 09:26 AM    Msg. 1 of 77       
Halo 5 is another good part in a strong game series. The mix of old and familiar elements and cool innovations does it well. However, the great absence of Master Chief and most importantly, the absence of the couch co-op, are two points that bring down the playing experience. In addition, the campaign feels a bit short on. Apart from these criticisms the game plays fantastic.

The multiplayer offers enough variation to be guaranteed entertainment for many evenings, which is found in both the new Warzone as the more familiar Arena mode. For Halo fans, it is of course a must have! Prepare for a lot of new features for lots of hours of enjoyment, mixed with the beloved core elements that we are used to from the previous Halo games.

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 09:28 AM    Msg. 2 of 77       
Too bad I don't have Halo 5... or Xbone... or TV.

SOI_7

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 09:49 AM    Msg. 3 of 77       
It was good, but IMO Halo 4 had a better storyline. They just left so many unanswered questions this time. Campaign lenght is short, I agree, but that's not a big deal. The biggest is the AI, expecially the Elites: they don't move really often, or they don't move at all, so it's too easy to win the Covenant-themed levels. Promethean Soldiers are the opposite.

Kudos for the ending, that was exactly what I wanted

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 10:32 AM    Msg. 4 of 77       
The only thing i like from halo 5 is warzone

Reegar Carbine

Idk???

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 11:01 AM    Msg. 5 of 77       
rip halo ce... Hello halo 5 :D

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 12:23 PM    Msg. 6 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
It was good, but IMO Halo 4 had a better storyline. They just left so many unanswered questions this time. Campaign lenght is short, I agree, but that's not a big deal. The biggest is the AI, expecially the Elites: they don't move really often, or they don't move at all, so it's too easy to win the Covenant-themed levels. Promethean Soldiers are the opposite.

Kudos for the ending, that was exactly what I wanted

I read an article preliminary review that suggested Halo 5's campaign story is actually a massive setup for Halo 6. It might sound obvious, but it also makes a lot of sense when looking at how Halo 2's entire premise was to set up Halo 3.

That said, every review stated Halo 5 has nailed multiplayer, which is a HUGE win for 343i given how rough Halo 4's MP had been.

Some reviews are kind of stupid though, docking Halo 5 hard for being faithful to the series and not "intuitive and evolutionary" enough. Most of the negative reviews sound like user error and the reviewers simply being bad players. Also, negative reviews sound ridiculously pretentious and seem to already be biased against 343i's Halo to begin with.

Edited by DarkHalo003 on Oct 27, 2015 at 12:23 PM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 12:36 PM    Msg. 7 of 77       
I'm almost done and the campaign is one of the worst the franchise has to offer.... utterly ridiculous. expert to hear me complain for months. And this is coming from someone who enjoyed H4.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 01:19 PM    Msg. 8 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
The only thing i like from halo 5 is warzone

I'm sure that you'll like forge aswell ;)

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 01:21 PM    Msg. 9 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I'm almost done and the campaign is one of the worst the franchise has to offer.... utterly ridiculous. expert to hear me complain for months. And this is coming from someone who enjoyed H4.

I can't comprehend how they approved to go allong with the story.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 01:27 PM    Msg. 10 of 77       
Was considering picking up an Xbone today, with Halo 5.
But reviews have me worried.

And it's still too early to judge multiplayer stability.

Masters1337

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 01:29 PM    Msg. 11 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

Let's design a story where we can use our own characters, our own weapons, and our own enemies.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 01:31 PM    Msg. 12 of 77       
I'm waiting for a Slim Xbox One to come out, then I'll get one.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 02:08 PM    Msg. 13 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

Let's design a story where we can use our own characters, our own weapons, and our own enemies.

I just need to know this: is there any iconic level, that fits in the category:
Halo 1 - The Silent Cartographer, Halo 2 - Delta Halo Drop, Halo 3 - The Covenant
?
So basically, a nice old-skool "beach invasion" type level?

Masters1337

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 02:25 PM    Msg. 14 of 77       
I don't get what you mean.

What I am saying, is that the story seems designed to focus around Locke, and 343's promethian sandbox. The majority of what bungie had created is relegated to maybe 1/3rd of the game? That includes fighting covenant.

Basically they are saying here is a Halo game which focuses on the things we created, and not the things you loved about past halos.

SOI_7

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 02:30 PM    Msg. 15 of 77       

What I am saying, is that the story seems designed to focus around Locke, and 343's promethian sandbox. The majority of what bungie had created is relegated to maybe 1/3rd of the game? That includes fighting covenant.

Basically they are saying here is a Halo game which focuses on the things we created, and not the things you loved about past halos.

Out of curiosity: which mission are you currently playing?

Masters1337

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 02:35 PM    Msg. 16 of 77       
On the last one.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 02:37 PM    Msg. 17 of 77       

This was probably the biggest fair negative I saw in reviews that didn't seem to be totally biased against the game. You play Chief for 4 levels out of 15 or something stupid like that. I definitely think that's an issue 343i should have reconsidered, especially given no one knows much about Locke or even likes him. He's definitely not the same as Arby and really isn't that interesting in comparison. I'm even positive if they had made Buck the protagonist it'd actually be better because the dynamics would have been less dramatic for the sake of being dramatic. Buck would try to see Chief's side instead of trying to be a dickhead about it and Chief would probably tell Buck what's more important than ONI's twisted desires.

[possible spoiler]
I never really understood the entire point behind Locke acting like Chief insulted his mother, especially given how their encounter is apparently super anticlimactic.
[spoiler over]
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Oct 27, 2015 at 02:41 PM

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 02:43 PM    Msg. 18 of 77       
Guess I'll wait for multiplayer reviews.
But honestly, PS4 has some really cool games upcoming. Horizon Zero Dawn for example, holy doodle!

Masters1337

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 03:08 PM    Msg. 19 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003

This was probably the biggest fair negative I saw in reviews that didn't seem to be totally biased against the game. You play Chief for 4 levels out of 15 or something stupid like that. I definitely think that's an issue 343i should have reconsidered, especially given no one knows much about Locke or even likes him. He's definitely not the same as Arby and really isn't that interesting in comparison. I'm even positive if they had made Buck the protagonist it'd actually be better because the dynamics would have been less dramatic for the sake of being dramatic. Buck would try to see Chief's side instead of trying to be a dickhead about it and Chief would probably tell Buck what's more important than ONI's twisted desires.

[possible spoiler]
I never really understood the entire point behind Locke acting like Chief insulted his mother, especially given how their encounter is apparently super anticlimactic.
[spoiler over]

It's not even playing as Locke, its the fact the majoirty of the game revolves around Promethians, and the Covenant take a back seat to everything. It doesn't help that it barely introduces anything new, other than levels and movement. Theres 2 new weapons, 1 new vehicle? 1 new enemy? From the very begining you've seen 95% of what the game has to offer. Not even that, by the time you finish Halo 4 you've already had 95% of what the game has to offer.

Add in encounters that are always the same mix of enemies with environments that have so much verticle gameplay they all feel the same, its just ugh. The entire game was a grind. It's like spartan ops, with improvements more than anything else.

SOI_7

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 03:11 PM    Msg. 20 of 77       
I'm inclined to think that there won't be any Covenant at all in Halo 6 (maybe only the Swords Of Sangheilios, but whatever...)

DarkHalo003

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 03:22 PM    Msg. 21 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003

[possible spoiler]
[spoiler over]

It's not even playing as Locke, its the fact the majoirty of the game revolves around Promethians, and the Covenant take a back seat to everything. It doesn't help that it barely introduces anything new, other than levels and movement. Theres 2 new weapons, 1 new vehicle? 1 new enemy? From the very begining you've seen 95% of what the game has to offer. Not even that, by the time you finish Halo 4 you've already had 95% of what the game has to offer.

Add in encounters that are always the same mix of enemies with environments that have so much verticle gameplay they all feel the same, its just ugh. The entire game was a grind. It's like spartan ops, with improvements more than anything else.

Hmm, interesting. I'd love to pick the brain of the devs behind the level design, mostly because they completely flopped design choices from how they approached Halo 4's campaign. I also find it ironic that Halo 4's campaign was great, but the multiplayer was lacking, while Halo 5 is the opposite. So far all MP reviews are absolutely stellar, arguably the best for any Halo game.

I'm still disappointed in the news about the SP though, but I think it's a biproduct of Halo 4's failure to deliver exception multiplayer. It definitely sounds like 343i wanted to master that aspect for Halo 5 this time and try to ace both in Halo 6. And as some others have said in review comments, Halo 5's campaign (or any Halo's campaign really) has never led to longevity of each game. Sure, playing through the campaigns is always fun and their replay value is extensive enough, but multiplayer is where Halo has to go if it'll ever compete with CoD/Battlefield.

Either way, I can't wait to play through the campaign at some point in the future. I've also been reading that while the story is mediocre, the gameplay is amazing. So far that is a consistent statement made in every review, so I can't wait to see how true those hold up.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 03:27 PM    Msg. 22 of 77       
Halo 4's Promethean enemies always reminded me alot of Reach's Elites. Aka my least favorite elites of the series. So it's bad news to read that the game is based largely around them.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 03:35 PM    Msg. 23 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Too bad I don't have Halo 5... or Xbone... or TV.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 04:45 PM    Msg. 24 of 77       
I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign. I thought it was a lot better then Halo 4's campaign personally.
spoilers:

I don't believe the covenant are taking any kind of "back seat". They are in almost every mission, other then the meridian missions. Hell, 343 took us to sanghelios for 4 missions, let us see what's going on with the covenant civil war, and even brought back arbiter and his bad-Assery.

I'll admit it was disappointing seeing no visual difference between arbiters elites and storm elites. Halo 2 Anniversary had me excited that the original futuristic bad ass looking elites would return with arbiter. Apparently not, this contradicts there whole "storm covenant are different species then Normal covenant lolol".

I even had fun on the levels that were promethean only. I hated fighting the promethean in Halo 4. I had a lot more fun this time around.

Also, yes, blue team only has 3 missions, but they are a lot longer then the Osiris missions. Osiris usually has a few smaller missions with the same setting.

Wasn't a huge fan of the ending, the game as a whole was really fun, but once the forerunner cortana crap kicked in I was like "really.." . I was hoping that she would be finished off in this game. Now she's obviously the main enemy of Halo 6, and with the covenant completely eliminated this time around I'm not sure what they're going to do. Obviously you need covenant in a Halo game, hopefully 343 realizes that.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 05:04 PM    Msg. 25 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Guess I'll wait for multiplayer reviews.
But honestly, PS4 has some really cool games upcoming. Horizon Zero Dawn for example, holy doodle!

But... But...

That's heresy!

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 06:20 PM    Msg. 26 of 77       
Does this mean masters hates it more then h2? I never thought I would hear this.

Masters1337

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 09:15 PM    Msg. 27 of 77       
To be decided... H2 tries to do new things and fails miserably... but H5 does little new and just does the same things we did in H4 over and over again... with environments that are all the same in terms of overall layout.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 11:17 PM    Msg. 28 of 77       
@Killa_FTW there's plenty more covenant remnants out there.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 12:37 AM    Msg. 29 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
@Killa_FTW there's plenty more covenant remnants out there.

They should pull something out of left field and have the Prophets return with a newfound covenant army or something.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 12:51 AM    Msg. 30 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
Wasn't a huge fan of the ending

I should have heeded the spoilers. ._.

I'm actually not surprised at all to be honest. We've more or less seen it coming since Halo 3, so it was bound to happen eventually. Did Mr. Didact return this time?

Masters1337

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 01:23 AM    Msg. 31 of 77       
nope looks like they got scared of using him after the backlash in H4. Which is to bad, if you watch the terminals he's pretty cool guy.

Oskarmandude

Bosnia

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 01:58 AM    Msg. 32 of 77       
The writing is appalling, I could talk all day about what makes it so unacceptably bad.
The campaign has 15 levels but most of them are what would've been one level in any other game except divided into multiple levels. There's really only 8 levels in this game.
Edited by Oskarmandude on Oct 28, 2015 at 02:18 AM

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 03:25 AM    Msg. 33 of 77       
So uhm, how's everyone enjoying the multiplayer?
How smooth is matchmaking?

Masters1337

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 10:55 AM    Msg. 34 of 77       
So fast I can barely pee between matches. Connections are near perfect as well. Gameplay seems pretty solid and back to the style of H1/2/3

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 11:05 AM    Msg. 35 of 77       
nice to hear that, i'm gonna consider buying an xbox one to play it

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 5:16 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website