A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Can you guys keep this community inline?

Author Topic: Can you guys keep this community inline? (25 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

no1dead

Evolve H:O Mod, ElDorito dev

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 06:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 25       
I don't know if this is the real guys or anything, but some idiot is spamming our subreddit.

Maybe r39 or an impersonator. But seriously it's childish and not needed.

Limited

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 06:52 PM    Msg. 2 of 25       
Oh hello again Halo Maps people.

Sadly not enough of this.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 06:53 PM    Msg. 3 of 25       
A link would be great if what you say is true.

As for keeping us in line. Thats a negative there kemosabe.

R39 is a cool cat anyway. What he gain from committing such a heinous act.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 06:54 PM    Msg. 4 of 25       
I don't know if you're the real no1dead but, we have the same issues flip flopped over here too.
Most of us have assumed its 1 or a few people trying to stir the pot. We're sorry that you're having to deal with it, but know that this forum has seen similarly annoying posts from people claiming to be part of the H:O community as well.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 06:57 PM    Msg. 5 of 25       
Nobody over here has been spamming you, the people spamming you are sshers, reachfan, and other people looking for some NBC quality drama. Hope this helps.

TCECall_of_Duty

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:01 PM    Msg. 6 of 25       
This is the latest post: https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/comments/3s7c1l/i_got_contingency_members_and_halomaps_members_in/

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:08 PM    Msg. 7 of 25       
none of contingency or halomaps really cares tho, only sshers lol.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:10 PM    Msg. 8 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: monkeyking
Good job on R39 sniper and Masterz177 taking those Eldorito faggots out

we get it, we know its you.

no1dead

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:13 PM    Msg. 9 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
I don't know if you're the real no1dead but, we have the same issues flip flopped over here too.
Most of us have assumed its 1 or a few people trying to stir the pot. We're sorry that you're having to deal with it, but know that this forum has seen similarly annoying posts from people claiming to be part of the H:O community as well.

Yeah I am the real no1dead, but just ban these guys. We talked to reddit to get them removed completely from it. Simply its stupid and its honestly just embarrassing the people doing it.

Quote: --- Original message by: monkeyking
Good job on R39 sniper and Masterz177 taking those Eldorito faggots out

>mfw you, and your friends were the guys spamming.
Edited by no1dead on Nov 9, 2015 at 07:15 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:15 PM    Msg. 10 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: no1dead
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch

Yeah I am the real no1dead, but just ban these guys. We talked to reddit to get them removed completely from it. Simplely its stupid and its honestly just embarrassing the people doing it.

I know the feel.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:18 PM    Msg. 11 of 25       
Fun fact, you all are idiots seeing as you cant even spell my name right. As another thing i dont have a reddit account nor do i care for one. There are only two members of the contingency team who actually have reddit accounts and use them (figure out who). That being said you're suffering at the hands of your own "community's" stupidity.

I avoid most HO chatter and i enforce that on the pc forums at all times. Have fun trying to find a new scapegoat
Edited by R93_Sniper on Nov 9, 2015 at 07:20 PM

Clef

stOp spammi our hmf

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:20 PM    Msg. 12 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Fun fact, you all are idiots seeing as you cant even spell my name right. As another thing i dont have a reddit account nor do i care for one. There are only two members of the contingency team who actually have reddit accounts and use them (figure out who). That being said you're suffering at the hands of your own "community's" stupidity.

The user impersonating you was going under the name R39_Sniper. It's not a matter of idiocy.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:21 PM    Msg. 13 of 25       
who knows, maybe Dennis decides to close the site tomorrow

Super Flanker

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:21 PM    Msg. 14 of 25       
The fke accs are strong with this thread.

no1dead

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:22 PM    Msg. 15 of 25       

Real question is why would someone try impersonating you?

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:22 PM    Msg. 16 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: Clef

The user impersonating you was going under the name R39_Sniper. It's not a matter of idiocy.

On the contrary, the fact that they couldn't even check the name and correct it proves my point

Super Flanker

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:24 PM    Msg. 17 of 25       

Jealousy is a cruel mistress.

Clef

stOp spammi our hmf

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:25 PM    Msg. 18 of 25       

On the contrary, the fact that they couldn't even check the name and correct it proves my point

Fact-checking the names of minor celebrities is hardly a priority when someone is spamming your subreddit. There's a legitimate point in inquiring as to if you were involved anyway, the user made multiple accounts with variations of your name, so they were clearly quite intent on taking your identity.

Super Flanker

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:33 PM    Msg. 19 of 25       

Fact-checking the names of minor celebrities is hardly a priority when someone is spamming your subreddit. There's a legitimate point in inquiring as to if you were involved anyway, the user made multiple accounts with variations of your name, so they were clearly quite intent on taking your identity.

That isnt too dissimilar from what we experience here.

Generally speaking peons of both on and offline communities are targeted due to there fame or admiration, perhaps this is simply a case of ruining poor r93's reputation due to some warped 3yr olds misgivings.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:35 PM    Msg. 20 of 25       

Celebrity, in any form, is probably giving me a lot more credit than is actually worth, putting that out there now. However it seems like somebody has a fetish for me and is trying to stir stuff up. Either way, I have no intent on communicating with the dewrito "community" in any form, nor do the majority of the contingency team members (there is one exception). You can hold me to that at your leisure but i'll tell you now that its not us

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
perhaps this is simply a case of ruining poor r93's reputation due to some warped 3yr olds misgivings.

"Reputation"
Hard to destroy the reputation of somebody who does nothing but rip and animate most of the time

Somehow managed to get decently well known, try to pull up a figure that's known amongst a decent amount and use them to push political agenda is pretty much how the world works. Look at Anita Sarkeesian and her posse, they do the same thing
Edited by R93_Sniper on Nov 9, 2015 at 07:37 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 07:45 PM    Msg. 21 of 25       

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
perhaps this is simply a case of ruining poor r93's reputation due to some warped 3yr olds misgivings.

"Reputation"
Hard to destroy the reputation of somebody who does nothing but rip and animate most of the time.
Edited by R93_Sniper on Nov 9, 2015 at 07:37 PM

Your being far too modest.
Edited by SS Flanker on Nov 9, 2015 at 07:46 PM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 08:04 PM    Msg. 22 of 25       
I can guarantee it's not r93. It's just not his style.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 09:06 PM    Msg. 23 of 25       
There's an internet fight going on? I am so glad I actually don't care about what's going on, though I admit I like seeing people exaggerate the importance of small argumentative debacles like this.

Cheezburger apparently has people hating the Steven Universe fans, do I care? Not in the least, but I am aware of it because I actually skim comments for (the rare) insightful comments from people who are above petty arguments like these.

I have no idea how Reddit works, but I assume you can report the user and get something done about him.

I think those who cross forums just to argue are stupid. (Not the ones who cross forums to legitimately spread information or just because they habitually reside in them.) and if the arguments over which game is better actually matter to you, then you need to re-evaluate your priorities in life.

For the devs, I'd just suggest ignoring the trolls. Do the work that you like to do and don't let anyone tell you it's moot, the best thing you can do is prove them wrong.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 09:12 PM    Msg. 24 of 25       
Must I say that no single community should be at blame for one individual's choices?

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 09:14 PM    Msg. 25 of 25       
I don't know if this is the real guys or anything, but some idiot is spamming our subreddit.
Address this at Reddit not here. Locked.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 26, 2020 6:04 PM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website