A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Tag Creation

Author Topic: Tag Creation (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

tylerfb11

If you're not McLovin it, your wrong.

Posted: Nov 12, 2015 10:40 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
would someone explain to me, or pount me to an explatation, how I could make a simple four sided box using the (i guess partialy) unlocked H2VEK.

I want to eventualy biuld Tetris blocks using them.

Thanks in advance!

ThatGuyWhoLikesCats

"If God is love, then you can call me Cupid"

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 12:28 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
You're not gonna get very far with H2 Vista, that's for sure.

Super Flanker

Synthetic furnishings, rails and no safety.

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 09:32 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: ThatGuyWhoLikesCats
You're not gonna get very far with H2 Vista, that's for sure.

Halo Blam! is where it is at. Or if you are 4: https://forum.halo.click/

And you will also need to pick up 3d modelling: https://www.youtube.com/user/3dsMaxHowTos
Edited by SS Flanker on Nov 13, 2015 at 09:55 AM

Twinreaper

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 09:32 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Since no one is going to add any useful information and are quite obviously ignorant on how much can "actually" be done here, I will help you.

Unless you have a copy of GuerillaRadio or OSTool for H2V, you need to use this method to achieve your results.

First, create your box in 3dsmax 7 or 8. Export the model file for compiling in the CE HEK. You need to make it a CE render_model then run it through Jahrain's H2V render_model upgrade tool.

Once you have the CE converted render_model in a format used by H2V, you can then create a new CRATE tag and create the additional model tag so you can link in the render_model.

At this point you will also obviously want to have a custom collision and physics model for this object. For this, you need to duplicate an already existing box type collision tag. I like to use crate_large.col for this. Again, duplicate the tag and then go into the file's properties and uncheck "read only". At this stage you then open the tag in Guerilla and adjust the vertices, planes and faces to fit the new size you need.

Now, open any scenario file in Sapien and place your object. Using the middle button on the mouse, hold it in and click on the keyboard "page up". This brings up the dev menu and you can find the selection to display collision models attached to objects. Using this feature you can tweak and adjust the collision model perfectly.

Once that is done, decide what type of physics you want. There are multiple selections and types to choose from depending on the item's use. Repeat the previous steps you used for collision except only adjust the tag's half extents.

Repeat the checking process until you have what you need. This might seem like a hard way to go about doing things, but after doing it enough times, you can usually get things like this done in about 5 minutes from start to finish and additional more extravagant items in about 10-30 minutes.
Edited by Twinreaper on Nov 13, 2015 at 09:33 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed March 29, 2017 8:43 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website