A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »General Machinima Discussions »3D Environmental Artist Needed

Author Topic: 3D Environmental Artist Needed (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ODSTSpartan238

asdrfkl;'

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 12:18 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Hi there! were working on a halo animation project called MM101-Delroth and were looking for someone who can model a landscape that is ashy, covered in lava, with a city in the center, and a crashed covenant ship in the background

we have concept art available for the project and the theme of it is that it's on a glassed planet where these buildings were about to be glassed but the ship crashed before it could reach it, so settlers built a wall around the buildings and called it home, there is lava everywhere because the planet is so damaged that it's core is leaking onto the surface through a series of constantly active volcanoes.

any help would be greatly appreciated! even if you feel as though you can help in another way just let us know! :)

you can check out what we have of MM101-Delroth on our YouTube channel; MM101 Studios

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 10:06 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODSTSpartan238
Hi there! were working on a halo animation project called MM101-Delroth and were looking for someone who can model a landscape that is ashy, covered in lava, with a city in the center, and a crashed covenant ship in the background

we have concept art available for the project and the theme of it is that it's on a glassed planet where these buildings were about to be glassed but the ship crashed before it could reach it, so settlers built a wall around the buildings and called it home, there is lava everywhere because the planet is so damaged that it's core is leaking onto the surface through a series of constantly active volcanoes.

any help would be greatly appreciated! even if you feel as though you can help in another way just let us know! :)

you can check out what we have of MM101-Delroth on our YouTube channel; MM101 Studios

1. POST PICS!

2. There is already a thing being made called glassed .

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUVvsVp5JKjaiCy1uz-FjQpw

ODSTSpartan238

asdrfkl;'

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 02:56 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

1. POST PICS!

This is the concept art for the city

and this is what we have so far

Edited by ODSTSpartan238 on Nov 27, 2015 at 03:02 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Now retired from CE, enjoy DW! https://goo.gl/1Bup

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 11:57 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       

1. POST PICS!

way to be a complete idiot and just ignore his entire post/not even look up the thing he told you to look up.

ODSTSpartan238

asdrfkl;'

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 12:19 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

1. POST PICS!

way to be a complete idiot and just ignore his entire post/not even look up the thing he told you to look up.

hey man, i looked it up. it's glassed ive heard of it before. a video game using the unreal engine, it's pretty cool actually.

but what i'm doing in my youtube series is having a glassed planet as a setting for a few episodes. I did'nt ignore his post, i agree i probably could have provided a more detailed response, but he asked for pictures, and i didnt see how the game was relevant to what i was talking about, i was hoping he would explain.
but thank you for your input none the less :)

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 05:30 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
I'm sure that there are pretty accurate descriptions pertaining to "glassed" planets in novels and so on, perhaps you can use excerpts from that sort of media to bring up a more believable interpretation of a body furnished by searing plasma.

I just think the whole "clouds of ash and molten lava" is too cliche. But I'm not denying what you have isn't cool.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 22, 2017 3:30 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website