A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Modders Wanted for Silent Hill Project Built in Halo CE

Author Topic: Modders Wanted for Silent Hill Project Built in Halo CE (33 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Nathanael Gazzard

Windows 7 was so much simpler...

Posted: Dec 6, 2015 01:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 33       
Hi all, I've recently begun conceptual work on a spin-off Silent Hill game called Silent Hill: Rebirth. My plan is to use Halo custom edition to build it. I'm looking for Modders or Modders-to-be who are interested in participating. It is not the forefront use of my time, but rather a spare time project, so I am not looking for a professional crew bent on releasing a map, but rather people who are interested in working on a more relaxed project for the sake of collaboration, learning, fun and perhaps eventually a map. I will be the overseer of the project however, artistic ideas, critique and creativity are definitely welcome. If you are interested, I've made a Facebook group for conversation and idea sharing, so send a request to join and I'll add you. Here's the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1076074059089959/?pnref=lhc

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 6, 2015 02:18 PM    Msg. 2 of 33       
Let me have you pause for a minute there and ask a few questions.
1. Have you worked with CE before?
2. What skills do you have?
3. Are you trying to do akin to a Total-Conversion mod, or just a series of maps?

Answer those to start, if you would.

Nathanael Gazzard

Posted: Dec 6, 2015 02:28 PM    Msg. 3 of 33       
I will gladly.
1. Yes, I have worked with CE before
2. I have built some fairly basic single player maps and used them in-game (none were ever uploaded). I have good basic 3ds skills, good sketchup skills, and a decent albeit basic grasp on the other stages of map making
3. Somewhat, yes. I aim to create full custom maps, tags, HUD, characters etc. I won't be trying to change the actual Halo programming so it will play essentially like halo, but in the Silent Hill universe.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 6, 2015 05:41 PM    Msg. 4 of 33       
Straight to the point without filler, excellent! Would you perhaps be willing to share some examples of your previous work? I am moderately interested in seeing what you have to offer.

Nathanael Gazzard

Posted: Dec 6, 2015 09:33 PM    Msg. 5 of 33       
Sadly due to a computer crash (the reason I previously left the more complex maps unfinished) I don't have any of my prior work. Probably the best I can give in it's place is the model I built in Sketchup for my architecture studio assignment. It's about the only significant example of my modelling work I available.
Edited by Nathanael Gazzard on Dec 6, 2015 at 09:40 PM
Edited by Nathanael Gazzard on Dec 7, 2015 at 01:09 AM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 02:01 AM    Msg. 6 of 33       
That may suffice so long as it shows your skill adequately.

Nathanael Gazzard

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 04:26 AM    Msg. 7 of 33       
Here are some snapshots of my model making (not Silent Hill related)

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 04:43 AM    Msg. 8 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nathanael Gazzard
Here are some snapshots of my model making (not Silent Hill related)

FTFY
For future reference, try avoiding FB as an image host. Use something like imgur.

Nathanael Gazzard

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 04:54 AM    Msg. 9 of 33       
OK Cheers, will do.

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 11:33 AM    Msg. 10 of 33       
a computer crash

Curse of the HEK...

Nathanael Gazzard

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 11:39 AM    Msg. 11 of 33       
Yup. That being said, the laptop I was using should have died months earlier. It had no battery, it's monitor keyboard and trackpad were all broken, so it was perpetually plugged into power, an external monitor, mouse and keyboard. It also used to get hot enough to burn my hands.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 03:30 PM    Msg. 12 of 33       
To be totally honest that kind of geometry would work pretty well in CE, and it doesn't look terrible either. If you did the environments, it wouldn't be too hard to get the rest of the project set up so long as you have a team who is good at scripting and animating.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 09:46 PM    Msg. 13 of 33       
You better have this as an ending, just saying.

https://youtu.be/e7peS9zyrno

Nathanael Gazzard

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 09:50 PM    Msg. 14 of 33       
Hmhmhm, that'll be the finishing touch for sure.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Dec 8, 2015 12:01 AM    Msg. 15 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
To be totally honest that kind of geometry would work pretty well in CE, and it doesn't look terrible either. If you did the environments, it wouldn't be too hard to get the rest of the project set up so long as you have a team who is good at scripting and animating.

If it's sealed properly :s

Nathanael Gazzard

Posted: Dec 8, 2015 12:30 AM    Msg. 16 of 33       
I can tell you for a fact that this model isn't sealed properly, but that is because for it's purpose, it didn't need to be. Given a few hours I could make it a usable model. Not that I plan to.

sparky

Fools deceive, but knowledge of Jesus is life.

Posted: Dec 8, 2015 12:47 AM    Msg. 17 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
a computer crash

Curse of the HEK...

A "hek hex"!

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Dec 10, 2015 05:28 AM    Msg. 18 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
a computer crash

Curse of the HEK...

A "hek hex"!

Its not haloween anymore.

Nathanael Gazzard

Posted: Dec 10, 2015 05:52 AM    Msg. 19 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
a computer crash

Curse of the HEK...

A "hek hex"!

Its not haloween anymore.

My friend Linden called his brother and said "Jonno, I need you to go have a look at the mirror in the bathroom.

Jonno: "I'm looking at it"

Linden: "Happy Haloween!!!"

Mokou Price

Posted: Dec 10, 2015 06:00 AM    Msg. 20 of 33       
Are u making the whole silent hill 1??
I am so excited about dis!111!!!
Is it first person view in game?

Nathanael Gazzard

Posted: Dec 10, 2015 06:12 AM    Msg. 21 of 33       
It's not Silent Hill 1 - it's a spin-off/ reboot type thing that draws elements from all the games and the movies. Yes, it'll be in first person. You're a big fan of Silent Hill I take it?

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Dec 10, 2015 01:54 PM    Msg. 22 of 33       
AND HIS NAME IS JHO....PYRAMID HEAD!!!!!

srsly tho we need someone to rig this model :p

Pepzee

Posted: Dec 10, 2015 07:26 PM    Msg. 23 of 33       
It's not Silent Hill 1 - it's a spin-off/ reboot type thing that draws elements from all the games and the movies. Yes, it'll be in first person. You're a big fan of Silent Hill I take it?

I've been out of the loop for awhile, and I hate to be the one to ask this but...

What is Silent Hill? Is it similar to Halo at all? Is it Silent Hill-Themed Halo map? Or is it a Silent Hill map in Halo?

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 10, 2015 08:52 PM    Msg. 24 of 33       
Good luck rigging that skirt.

Silent Hill's a horror game that's been around for a long time. Like, it goes waay back.
Most recent publication was P.T. or Playable Teaser that made people crap their pants and stuff. But actual game got cancelled T_T
I haven't played enough of the games to know, but no it's not really similar to Halo.
And I think it's a Silent Hill-Themed Halo map they're going for?

Nathanael Gazzard

Posted: Dec 10, 2015 09:11 PM    Msg. 25 of 33       
The plan is to create a full campaign story experience, with all original/taken-from-silent-hill models, custom hud, additional components (such as maps). Traditionally Silent Hill is played in 3rd person, however I wanted to do it in first person.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Dec 10, 2015 09:21 PM    Msg. 26 of 33       
The plan is to create a full campaign story experience, with all original/taken-from-silent-hill models, custom hud, additional components (such as maps). Traditionally Silent Hill is played in 3rd person, however I wanted to do it in first person.

can you show renders or images of the ripped models?

Nathanael Gazzard

Posted: Dec 10, 2015 09:25 PM    Msg. 27 of 33       
So far most of our models have come from here
http://tf3dm.com/3d-models/silent-hill/1/obj

That being said, we've only just started this week.

If you want to follow the process you can check out the facebook group page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1076074059089959/

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 11, 2015 01:35 PM    Msg. 28 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee

I've been out of the loop for awhile, and I hate to be the one to ask this but...

What is Silent Hill? Is it similar to Halo at all? Is it Silent Hill-Themed Halo map? Or is it a Silent Hill map in Halo?

I've never played the games but I did see the movie. I imagine that the games play pretty much as the resident evil games do. Horror survival e.t.c

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 12, 2015 01:28 AM    Msg. 29 of 33       
I've never played the games but I did see the movie. I imagine that the games play pretty much as the resident evil games do. Horror survival e.t.c

Silent hill movie is known to be a terrible adaptation of the game. To be totally real though, just grab a PS2 emulator and the silent hill games, run like that.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 12, 2015 05:20 AM    Msg. 30 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

Silent hill movie is known to be a terrible adaptation of the game. To be totally real though, just grab a PS2 emulator and the silent hill games, run like that.

hmph I thought the movie was quite good. (2006)

Nathanael Gazzard

Posted: Dec 13, 2015 06:27 AM    Msg. 31 of 33       
I personally thought the first film was great - yes it differed from the game, but that's why it's called a film adaption. Truth be told it did an exceptional job of recreating the mood of the games. The second movie was definitely not a great film. Though, the casting for Heather was brilliant. Still even with it's flaws, it entertained me, and that is one of the two things I want from films.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 13, 2015 06:30 AM    Msg. 32 of 33       
I personally thought the first film was great - yes it differed from the game, but that's why it's called a film adaption. Truth be told it did an exceptional job of recreating the mood of the games. The second movie was definitely not a great film. Though, the casting for Heather was brilliant. Still even with it's flaws, it entertained me, and that is one of the two things I want from films.

I just loved the cleavages the weird nurse monsters sported.

Though I would probably need a brown paper bag if I really wanted to commit to a serious relationship.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 13, 2015 07:08 AM    Msg. 33 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: AlissArcana
Hey remember when PT (Silent Hills) was a thing? Oh that's right, Konami killed it for pachinko machines.

I don't think it is within Konami's mandate to do anything but utterly screw up, scandalise and piss people off.

Live long Hideo Kojima, live long you awesome Asian.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri February 22, 2019 12:41 PM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website