A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »How do I make a game engine like blam?

Page 4 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · Prev
Author Topic: How do I make a game engine like blam? (123 messages, Page 4 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Nov 22, 2016 10:13 AM    Msg. 106 of 123       
I don't need anyone to tell me im getting better.

My ego has that covered.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Nov 22, 2016 12:01 PM    Msg. 107 of 123       
As I said before, Game Maker is really fun to begin with

Currently working on C++, but I would still recommend just beginning with Game Maker

Alex

Posted: Nov 23, 2016 03:22 PM    Msg. 108 of 123       
I am going to try making my own basic fps in unity 5. That will include c# programming and the other aspects of gamedev too see which I like the most.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Nov 23, 2016 07:45 PM    Msg. 109 of 123       
Dude, make up your mind already, Unity, Unreal, or that weird Stingray thing? It's not hard.

Super Flanker

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 11:12 AM    Msg. 110 of 123       
Or maybe it's too easy.

Alex

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 03:27 PM    Msg. 111 of 123       
definitely unity 5 and most likely gunna start c# programming. Don't know about 3d art or other aspects like animation.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 03:40 PM    Msg. 112 of 123       
Stop saying stuff or reporting to us. Do something or just quit. Your procrastination and indecision is going to be the end of you unless you stop looking for attention and get something done.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 03:49 PM    Msg. 113 of 123       
Stop posting stuff that serves no purpose. Post something constructive or just quit. Your unhelpfulness and negativity is going to be the end of OP's motivation unless you stop looking to promote UE4 and get some positive posts going.

Alex

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 03:50 PM    Msg. 114 of 123       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Stop saying stuff or reporting to us. Do something or just quit. Your procrastination and indecision is going to be the end of you unless you stop looking for attention and get something done.

I am not looking for attention. Well, I might be subconsciously but idk. Anyway, I will get something done, very soon.

Quote: Stop posting stuff that serves no purpose. Post something constructive or just quit. Your unhelpfulness and negativity is going to be the end of OP's motivation unless you stop looking to promote UE4 and get some positive posts going.

Agreed.
Edited by Super Alex on Nov 24, 2016 at 03:51 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 04:08 PM    Msg. 115 of 123       
@Lodeman Nah, I'm definitely with Sniper on this one. Inability to actually pick some semblance of a consistent direction is getting pretty ridiculous and I don't think many people can take him seriously at this point.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 05:03 PM    Msg. 116 of 123       
People like to bash on other people, I suppose. If you feel that posting stuff like that is an added value to the thread, and to OP, then so be it.

But you know it's not valuable.

Super Flanker

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 05:35 PM    Msg. 117 of 123       
Mom? Dad?

Please don't fight, I hate it when you fight.

Why can't you just love eachother like the old days???

(I'd side with snipes on this one too were it not for lodes good looks, charm and wit.

He has beer too so.....)

Anyway OP stop waffling. Commit to a thing and see where it takes you.

Also this place isn't a blog so we don't need an update on your feelings every week or so.

I know it's harsh but you've been dependant on our intellectual teats for too long!

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 08:02 PM    Msg. 118 of 123       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Stop posting stuff that serves no purpose. Post something constructive or just quit. Your unhelpfulness and negativity is going to be the end of OP's motivation unless you stop looking to promote UE4 and get some positive posts going.

He's been constantly switching between Unreal, Unity, Cryengine, and Stingray. He's been making no headway in any form and keeps on flip-flopping all over the place and its shooting himself in the foot. He's clearly focusing more on trying to get approval from people before he even starts rather than actively trying to figure out what he wants to do and how to do it.

When it comes to unhelpfulness, We've been pushing him in the right direction for an extremely long while now, and he's still swapping himself around engines. If you spend literal months just picking an engine, you need to come to a decision or get yourself out before you become too invested. Game design is not for everyone and there's no point in sugarcoating that for anyone who wants to get in. It's a hard process without a doubt and the biggest consolation prize is actually getting something done.

His own indecision will cause his motivation to die unless he actually puts his foot down and gets stuff done. Also, as a sidenote, please do tell me where in that statement I was promoting UE4 by any means. Clearly you're hung up on something concerning me since you've made multiple posts in a short time concerning that. Did I somehow manage to trigger you there?

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Nov 25, 2016 03:15 AM    Msg. 119 of 123       
It's a good thing this forum has psychiatrists to guide OP in his life decisions. I'm certain all these repetitive posts have been most helpful to him.

Super Flanker

Posted: Nov 25, 2016 02:04 PM    Msg. 120 of 123       

Edited by Super Flanker on Nov 25, 2016 at 05:30 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Nov 25, 2016 03:51 PM    Msg. 121 of 123       
He talks to us on discord from time to time basically to tell us that he's switched engines again, dude. We've posted stuff to help him but I don't think he cares to listen to any of it.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Nov 25, 2016 05:04 PM    Msg. 122 of 123       
And here I am, stating that game maker is a great engine to start with and completely ignored because of the incredibly stupid stigma in the game development industry :D

For the last time I'll defend this...

With game maker you'll have a really easy programming language called: Game Maker Language, it isn't really advanced but it's capable of doing a lot of good stuff, especially for starters it has everything you need.

Because it's easier to just start programming away with game maker, you'll learn how to THINK like a programmer earlier on. When you got that part of thinking like a programmor (this is mostly problem solving) it'll be MUCH easier to learn other languages.

I'm not saying that you should stick with game maker for the rest of your career, ultimately I won't aswell (maybe for fun though), I'm just saying that you should start with game maker

P.S. Programming with more difficult programming languages is also less fun in the beginning because you can't do stuff then, with game maker you CAN actually create stuff from the beginning and therefore it's also really fun to begin with.

Super Flanker

Posted: Nov 25, 2016 05:09 PM    Msg. 123 of 123       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
He talks to us on discord from time to time basically to tell us that he's switched engines again, dude. We've posted stuff to help him but I don't think he cares to listen to any of it.

This I can attest to, ateast no one can argue that we haven't been more than our fair share of supportive and accommodating.

Between those crappy tuts I made and the various forum/discord consoltations and exchanges (which occur more regularly then you'd think) i'd say we've been perhaps too helpful.

Page 4 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 2:52 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website