A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo CE Maps gone?

Author Topic: Halo CE Maps gone? (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

SignalAce

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 11:07 AM    Msg. 1 of 8       
I tried four different web browsers, all of them came up with the same thing: a blank page.
I don't know what the problem is, or how long this has been a thing, but the Halo CE maps tab and all associated sub-tabs are completely empty of any content and I have no way of downloading any custom maps (or even the Halo: Custom Edition client). Any ideas?

BlitzOfSBB

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 11:10 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
https://gyazo.com/8d1ee4c101e23f2d553d81b9b6321cd4

This is from 5 seconds ago. Works fine for me.

Edited by BlitzOfSBB on Jan 19, 2016 at 11:11 AM

SignalAce

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 11:16 AM    Msg. 3 of 8       
https://gyazo.com/49f4721e2250fabce393a52ab0f8c4ae
That's 3 seconds ago for me. That's what's in the HTML section, you can see the white background above it for what's actually (not) loaded.
Edited by SignalAce on Jan 19, 2016 at 03:32 PM

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 11:39 AM    Msg. 4 of 8       
I do not share this problem. Try clearing your web browser cookies (remember your username and password for the forum!) and browser cache, and go to http://hce.halomaps.org and click the Reload button on your web browser.

When you View Page Source on the web page, does it show a blank page, or do you see something there?

Try updating your web browser to its latest version.

Otherwise, try disabling javascript, it could be an issue with that, causing stalling and a time-out, making the page not show up at all.

Last option would be contacting Dennis and asking if your IP address is blacklisted, by mistake.

Ah yes. Or you could ask me for a specific map or file from hce or h2v, I'm about halfway through downloading them all as a backup / mirror. If you know the specific file, I might already have it for download. I don't consider myself ready yet to have a workable copy of the web site pages, but I'm planning to have that also -- I just need to do some bulk edits of their contents. For example, to have it so you can click the "File name" to download the file, instead of clicking the red download image / button. This is all just part of my Halo files archive project that can be discussed here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49012.
Edited by sparky on Jan 19, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 01:23 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: SignalAce
I tried four different web browsers, all of them came up with the same thing: a blank page.
I don't know what the problem is, or how long this has been a thing, but the Halo CE maps tab and all associated sub-tabs are completely empty of any content and I have no way of downloading any custom maps (or even the Halo: Custom Edition client). Any ideas?

Go play halo online shers ;)

SignalAce

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 03:31 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

When you View Page Source on the web page, does it show a blank page, or do you see something there?

Blank page. That's what the gyazo link is here: https://gyazo.com/49f4721e2250fabce393a52ab0f8c4ae

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

Try updating your web browser to its latest version.

Otherwise, try disabling javascript, it could be an issue with that, causing stalling and a time-out, making the page not show up at all.

I'll try disabling JavaScript, but I updated Chrome yesterday so it should be good to use.

EDIT: Disabling JavaScript did jack squat. I have no idea why the HTML isn't loading.

From Google, I can access a cached version of the main page for CE Maps that works fine, but if I click on any of the links to maps (strangely enough, video links work) it shows yet another blank page.
Edited by SignalAce on Jan 19, 2016 at 03:43 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 06:45 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Disable your ad-blocker and also check/turn off your anti-virus/internet security settings. The site is functioning properly. it is definitely something on your end.

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 06:52 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Disable your ad-blocker[...]

Of course, I had forgotten about this. You should only have your ad-blocking software report 1 ad on the forum page for editing messages, 2 while browsing the forum here and 3 ads on the main site area where files archives are (like hce.halomaps.org).

Disable all the ad-blocking lists, then activate them one at a time, reloading the web site page after each one, in an attempt to determine which list is filtering-out the desired page sections.

This also is applicable for any other plugins which change the content displayed while viewing a web page.
Edited by sparky on Jan 19, 2016 at 06:55 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 18, 2019 8:28 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website