A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Vehicle exit markers?

Author Topic: Vehicle exit markers? (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Nickster5000

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 07:25 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding vehicles. I am working on a few custom vehicles, but whenever I get out, I exit like 500 miles away from the vehicle (just over-exaggerating, but I'm sure you get the point). Is there any way to make them spawn closer to where the pilot / passengers actually sit?

Thank you!

A Juicy Frank

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 08:40 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
So when you regain control of your character after exiting the vehicle, he's standing unreasonably far away from the seat marker? As far as I know, the only thing that would affect a unit that way in this way would be the unit's exit animation (W-driver exit.jmm) for the vehicle's seat. I'd take a look at the exit seat animation you're using and check how far the unit ends up by the end of the animation, as this is where the unit would gain control again relative to the vehicle seat marker.

If this doesn't end being the case, we may need a bit more information or a video showing what exactly is going on.
Edited by A Juicy Frank on Jan 19, 2016 at 08:43 PM

Nickster5000

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 10:04 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Sometimes i'll exit on top of it, sometimes i'll exit inside of it, and other times i'll exit far away from it on the left side. I'm starting to think it might have to do with collision... am I correct?

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 10:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Sometimes i'll exit on top of it, sometimes i'll exit inside of it, and other times i'll exit far away from it on the left side. I'm starting to think it might have to do with collision... am I correct?

I'm helping to beta-test the map where Nick's having this problem, so maybe my comments might help.
I have a feeling it's collision-related, as well, since I keep exiting at different locations around the vehicle. If you were to draw a plot of where we spawn when we get out of the vehicle, though, it feels like it's skewed towards the front left side, relative to the seat in question (though it ultimately seems to vary based on the attitude and velocity of the vehicle at the moment you get off).

A Juicy Frank

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 12:25 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
That's weird. Is it that the character physically ends up on either side randomly or that he tends to get 'bounded' toward either direction? If it seems he's getting pushed even while the vehicle is still, it may be an issue with the vehicle's collision not being fully encompassed in the vehicle's bounding radius. Still though, this would really only happen if he's still in contact with the vehicle after the exit animation completes. Anything regarding collision I'd imagine could be tested by adjusting the object's bounding radius (check your player object's radius as well, if it's edited), or the vehicle's physics like suspension or something that would change the collision model in realtime. Unless anyone else can suggest something, that's all I can think of. If possible, see how exactly everything plays out tick-by-tick, by using (game_speed 0.03).

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 09:42 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Node markers could be placed incorrectly.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu December 12, 2019 3:11 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website