A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Good Maps Ya ****s need more maps (xbox ports)

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Good Maps Ya ****s need more maps (xbox ports) (53 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

_Reus

Legendary

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 08:39 PM    Msg. 1 of 53       
The best server for competitive gameplay (2v2 FFA, Team Slayer and CTF) needs more maps and more space for more players 3v3
Chillout, carousel, damnation and Hang em high is really cool for gameplay in this stlyle. But the server need more maps and ports
Nice server, the best :)
Bloodgulch CTF (xbox)
Boarding action CTF (xbox)
Wizard FFA (Xbox)
Decidia Team Slayer (Halo 1.5)
Beavercreek CTF (Xbox)
Ratrace FFA (Xbox)
Prisoner FFA (Xbox)

:D!

Oskarmandude

Bosnia

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 11:38 PM    Msg. 2 of 53       
ok

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 11:51 PM    Msg. 3 of 53       
When will we ever throw an xlink-kai online LAN party and play some custom xbox maps together? :)

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/a/pVhmSgX

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 11:52 PM    Msg. 4 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: _Reus
The best server for competitive gameplay (2v2 FFA, Team Slayer and CTF) needs more maps and more space for more players 3v3
Chillout, carousel, damnation and Hang em high is really cool for gameplay in this stlyle. But the server need more maps and ports
Bloodgulch CTF (xbox)
Wizard FFA (Xbox)
Beavercreek CTF (Xbox)
Ratrace FFA (Xbox)
Prisoner FFA (Xbox)

One tip convert the Weapons values from radians to degrees:

1 radián = 57.3

Assambly to Gorilla conversion

Example (fatal error if you dont convert the values "cough...some h2-h3 ports")
Auto aim angle 0.05235988 -to gorrilla- = 0.05235988*57.3 = 30degrees...

Edited by Halonimator on Jan 21, 2016 at 11:55 PM

Or you arent porting the maps?
Edited by Halonimator on Jan 21, 2016 at 11:57 PM

KVOND

A.K.A -The Rock Candy-

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 12:07 AM    Msg. 5 of 53       
Probably on the weekend moar maps will be released, cant confirm though, you can follow the progress of the project in this thread: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11775-current-state-of-halo-pc-the-xbox-experience/

Se que quizás no estés enterado pero probablmente en el fin de semana más mapas serán liberados, pero no lo puedo confirmar, puedes seguir el progreso del proyecto en este link: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11775-current-state-of-halo-pc-the-xbox-experience/
Edited by KVOND on Jan 22, 2016 at 12:08 AM

Lateksi

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 12:12 AM    Msg. 6 of 53       
The other maps will be released soon. Stunt said the servers are gonna stay 2v2 but he's thinking about a 4v4 server.
Edited by Lateksi on Jan 22, 2016 at 12:13 AM

KVOND

A.K.A -The Rock Candy-

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 12:21 AM    Msg. 7 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Bloodgulch CTF (xbox)
Wizard FFA (Xbox)
Beavercreek CTF (Xbox)
Ratrace FFA (Xbox)
Prisoner FFA (Xbox)

One tip convert the Weapons values from radians to degrees:

1 radián = 57.3

Assambly to Gorilla conversion

Example (fatal error if you dont convert the values "cough...some h2-h3 ports")
Auto aim angle 0.05235988 -to gorrilla- = 0.05235988*57.3 = 30degrees...

Edited by Halonimator on Jan 21, 2016 at 11:55 PM

Or you arent porting the maps?
Edited by Halonimator on Jan 21, 2016 at 11:57 PM

dafuq are you talking about Halonimator?

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 10:43 AM    Msg. 8 of 53       
I get the same frustration everytime I play a map with the classic style (h1 pistol).
Edited by Kinnet on Jan 22, 2016 at 10:44 AM

_Reus

Legendary

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 11:00 AM    Msg. 9 of 53       
h2 jesse maps have OP magnum with fire too fast

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 11:22 AM    Msg. 10 of 53       

The player spawn system doesn't work well for matches with bigger teams than 2v2.

But I will soon be adding a 4v4/8-player server once I release all the Xbox versions this weekend.

Bloodgulch CTF (xbox)
Wizard FFA (Xbox)
Beavercreek CTF (Xbox)
Ratrace FFA (Xbox)
Prisoner FFA (Xbox)

• Blood Gulch CTF - not happening. Will consider this if I do a larger server than 4v4, but it won't be for awhile.

• Boarding Action CTF - garbage

• Wizard FFA - will consider for the 4v4/8-player server

• Decidia Team Slayer - will be added to current 2v2 rotation & the future 4v4 server

• Beavercreek CTF - will be added to the 4v4 server

• Prisoner FFA - will be considered for the 4v4/8-player server

IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that this project is focused around bringing the Xbox experience to PC for the first time. That being said, moving forward I will NOT be looking for map/gametype suggestions on this board. The following quote may shed some light on my philosophy:

I will only consider suggestions posted in my Discord group or on TeamBeyond from Xbox players and other players who understand how the game plays at a high level.

If you feel you are an exception to my interpretation of the vast majority of this community's playerbase, join the Discord group and plead your case.

You can find all information pertaining to this project and my server in this thread: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11775-current-state-of-halo-pc-the-xbox-experience/page-1

Quote: --- Original message by: t3h m00kz
Honestly, one of the biggest peeves of mine is nobody gets weapon values ported appropriately in Total Conversions. I've seen some beautiful ports of H2 levels, Ivory Tower for example, and the experience is totally ruined by the fact that there's a 3 shot kill magnum with an insane firing rate and absurd auto-aim.

I assume you're talking about the H2 version of the map, not the classic one?

Or you're saying the stock tagset breaks the map?
Edited by stunt_man on Jan 22, 2016 at 11:28 AM

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 01:20 PM    Msg. 11 of 53       
I didnt understand anything con this thread

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 01:30 PM    Msg. 12 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man

Oh, there's nothing at all wrong the stock tagset, aside from the horribly underpowered Plasma Pistol and Needler.

I'm talking maps like that H2_Ascension abomination where the BR is entirely busted and useless, the sniper has 2x and 8x zoom instead of 5x and 10x, the magnum kills in 3 shots and the rockets have H1 AOE.

If it's a port, I expect it to be ported appropriately.

I agree.

This is why I have no interest in maps with ripped/custom weapons (except Jesse's stuff, I guess).

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 01:31 PM    Msg. 13 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD

Learn English, it is FREE.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 09:32 PM    Msg. 14 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

Wow,i thought it was for 99 $. Ahole

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/a/pVhmSgX

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 09:33 PM    Msg. 15 of 53       

Wow,i thought it was for 99 $. Asshole

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jan 23, 2016 04:31 AM    Msg. 16 of 53       

Oh, there's nothing at all wrong the stock tagset, aside from the horribly underpowered Plasma Pistol and Needler.

I'm talking maps like that H2_Ascension abomination where the BR is entirely busted and useless, the sniper has 2x and 8x zoom instead of 5x and 10x, the magnum kills in 3 shots and the rockets have H1 AOE.

If it's a port, I expect it to be ported appropriately.

I agree.

This is why I have no interest in maps with ripped/custom weapons (except Jesse's stuff, I guess).

The other thread got me thinking. You're bringing xbox stuff to PC, but MosesofEgypt is bringing PC stuff to xbox...

Perhaps he is capable of extracting bitmaps, like the HUD elements maybe?

Get those for me and I'll make them work for you.

EDIT: I think I just realized something. Stunt_Man, you said that the game type indicator doesn't appear in the xbox version of the game? That means it was added for the PC version. (I've got tangent thoughts on how, and why the reference for it is not user accessible, but that's for another day)

The shields/health from PC and Xbox are different too. Notice that the hud on the PC is fairly low res, as you can tell it was designed for the xbox resolution (I think it was 480p Max)

I think that for the PC version, Gearbox made/broke many changes to the HUD elements (among other things), one of them being the higher res shields/health bars and game type indicator. They are the odd ones out, by being higher resolution than everything else in the HUD.

My point is, if you rip the bitmap for the xbox version of the shields, they might not be as pretty as you'd like, and may in-fact match up with the low res scale of the rest of the HUD.

Certainly something to think about.
Edited by Jesse on Jan 23, 2016 at 04:37 AM

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jan 23, 2016 07:42 AM    Msg. 17 of 53       

But why would you pay? English is a really easy language to learn.

Lateksi

Posted: Jan 23, 2016 11:08 AM    Msg. 18 of 53       
Stunt replicated the Xbox HUD:

I like it. And the lack of gametype indicators is fine. Less stuff to clutter the screen.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jan 23, 2016 12:33 PM    Msg. 19 of 53       

Bro do you even POV?

Just because you can speak a language fluently it does not automatically mean that your linguistic preference can be easily adopted at the other side of the water.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jan 23, 2016 08:42 PM    Msg. 20 of 53       

Ha ha ha
No
I wouldn't trade my primary language being English for anything else.
English grammar is the wackest thing for foreigners.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jan 23, 2016 08:58 PM    Msg. 21 of 53       
Stay on the topic of the thread and language selection is not it.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 04:22 AM    Msg. 22 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
http://i.imgur.com/uCPG81Q.png
I like it. And the lack of gametype indicators is fine. Less stuff to clutter the screen.

He did a good job, didn't he?

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 07:44 AM    Msg. 23 of 53       
Do you mind if I take a slant on this and discuss 2-player and 3-player team strategies?

I like a V formation when it comes to three players. The formation is like a jaw or vice with the open mouth facing forward. Player 1 is in the front left, player 2 is in the front right and player 3 is in the middle rear. That way, if players 1 or 2 have problems, player 3 supports. Movement is forward, with player 1 looking to the right, across the middle, player 2 looking to the left across the middle, and player 3 scanning the front area. Individual players never enter the middle mouth area, meaning player 1 never moves towards player 2 and player 2 never moves towards player 1, but the mouth is kept open. When there is more than one target, the priority is the closest enemy target, in other words, all three players focus on one target at a time, together, and the target in question is the enemy closest to player 3. The V formation is kept even when players are behind cover. If an enemy player circumvents the jaw, the players change roles; for example, if an enemy player comes up on the left side of the jaw, trying to attack from the left, then player 3 becomes player 1, player 1 becomes player 2 and player 2 becomes player 3, as if the triangle were rotated, not facing forward anymore, but facing to the left. So the trifecta jaw pivots toward whichever enemy is closest to the rear player 3. Unless they are behind cover, players move so that they put the closest enemy inside the jaw, in other words, they move towards the enemy so that they surround them on three sides, maximizing the time it takes for the enemy to turn and face them in order to shoot.

Now in reality, the pivot of the wrist is a small enough fulcrum to aim in almost any direction at a time, so you would not be limited to where you can shoot based upon what is directly in front of your face. But in computer games, where you can only shoot at what is in the center of your computer screen, this kind of strategy seems effective.

What is least effective is a straight line. What is most hazardous is a blob.

The variant for 2 players is a horizontal X, with the two players in the rear, focusing on the target closest to the middle, or a more vulnerable target seen when scanning from left to right.

The variant for 4 players is a Y formation in a high-offense strategy, where the player furthest to the rear is support and the player in the middle is offensive, with the formation shifting slightly so that the rear player becomes front left if the enemy surrounds from the left side. Alternatively, if the team is under heavy attack, an X formation mutating into a Y shape, such so that players keep individual teammates from being surrounded, but maintain a jaw formation where enemies can be surrounded.

Basically, you want a formation that lets your team attack from several angles at once, but that also lets you shift into a coherent shape of defense when the enemies try to surround you. The shape of the team is more important than the apparent usefulness of cover, so keep the shape and look for cover that fits your desired formation, don't change formation based upon available cover.

The formation should be of a size where players in a team are about 8 to 13 steps away from each other. Any closer is a blob jeopardized by grenades, and any further tends to prohibit basic strategy.
Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2016 at 07:58 AM

sparky

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 08:46 AM    Msg. 24 of 53       
In order to cooperate with players, you need to recognize and utilize the behaviors of your teammates. For example, someone who comes up with ideas is likely to be a "creative strategist", and someone who likes to camp in one spot can be a "point defender" who probably snipes well. Someone who is observant and moves between points of cover well is a "team leader". Someone who dodges well is an "objective skirmisher" (someone who would proceed to the flag or oddball and hold it while their teammates defend them in front). A proper leader will listen to strategists and designate point defenders and team leaders according to the behaviors they observe in their teammates.

For example, I have seen players who camp on the bloodgulch hill in the middle, others who use cover well, those who like to "zerg rush" with the warthog, those who camp in the base to defend the flag, and those who dodge well. Working as a team, I would have the rushing player drive the dodging player to the enemy flag with the player who uses cover well in the turret seat and having both the rushing and cover players clearing the way for the dodge player to take the flag, and the camping player support the defensive player back at the base.

VOIP is not necessary if everyone knows what their jobs / roles are. Text chat is just fine. I might get a microphone if VOIP were available.
Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2016 at 08:49 AM

As for my skills, I would rank:

Dodging 4/10
Aggression 8/10
Cover Use 6/10
Camping 5/10
Sniping 3/10
Close Combat 8/10
Defense 8/10 (9/10 anti-vehicular, 7/10 anti-infantry)
Scorpion 3/10
Banshee 8/10
Warthog 7/10
Ghost 5/10
Team Role Change Speed 3/10
Most Common Location Analogy: Fullback middle defense and rear assault
Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2016 at 08:58 AM

Weapon Proficiency:

Assault Rifle 7/10
Pistol 9/10
Plasma Rifle 6/10
Plasma Pistol 2/10
Rocket Launcher 5/10
Plasma Cannon 6/10
Flamethrower 5/10 (I usually burn myself)
Shotgun 5/10
Sniper 3/10
Needler 6/10

Best skills: Roadblocking vehicles, Pistol headshots, Banshee combat
Worst skills: Dodging, Holding camping spots like the central hill in bloodgulch, Tank use
Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2016 at 09:09 AM

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 09:26 AM    Msg. 25 of 53       
May the endless walls of text wars begin !

sparky

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 09:28 AM    Msg. 26 of 53       
That's so hilariously sad. The blue team goes through without any sense of formation, blindly moving forward without a sense of their surroundings. Any red player camping there could simply pick them off one by one with a sniper as they came forward, like a crap shoot.

You can see how at 12:00, once the red team starts with some modicum of strategy, the blue team gets wiped. And that's only a really basic strategy of moving up the left side to surround the red flag defensive point from the left and right as the blue team gets squashed in the middle.

All that chatter is just mindless distraction from what could be legitimate strategizing. Rambling about which player is weak, or where a player is, is totally pointless when you have players in formation all shooting at the same target.

Give me a cooperative team and I could train them to humiliate those guys. They wouldn't know what hit them. They would all rage quit.
Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2016 at 09:30 AM

sparky

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 09:37 AM    Msg. 27 of 53       
Look at the guy at 2:30. He's way out in left field all by himself and he gets killed easily.

There are four players on each team. Why do I only ever see at most two players shooting one enemy player?

imagine how effective that team would be if they were to utilize an X or Y formation and move forward at the same time. For this particular map, where there are essentially hallways in a grid, I would recommend a Y formation, since you don't need to worry much about being surrounded. That map would be most effective with 5 or 6 players on each team. 2 players would be a joke, and 3 would be most fun, probably.

Give me a team of cooperative players to train and I could train them to wipe out any other team that relies upon VOIP to coordinate.

sparky

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 09:48 AM    Msg. 28 of 53       
I can see you only will respond to a recorded video, but since I don't have a team of players, I can't give you a demonstration. I would definitely not call "hey let's all randomly move around" a "high-level" player tactic. And evidently, you've never played versus players who are trained Navy Seals. Someday you might understand the value of a combat formation, particularly if you play games like Far Cry 3 in multiplayer or coop modes, or any serious military strategy games, or if you read books about military strategies.

My point about there only ever being at most two players shooting at the same enemy player is proof enough that their uncoordinated movements were inefficient in defense or offense. Until I see three players shooting at the same enemy player, I will not consider a strategy effective. Securing perimeter points around the enemy, as that player on the far left was apparently trying to do, is valid, but they were uncoordinated, just roaming off by themselves into left field where anyone could surround them and pick them off -- you can't do team combat by playing as a solo player.

If you move by yourself, or look anywhere other than where you have already planned to look, you are wasting time and potential. But that's just considered "fun" and "freedom" by players who reject any kind of team training or team strategy.

Moving and facing in any particular direction must be deliberate and according to predetermined and team-enforced strategy. That is team play.

All I've seen in these videos is bad strategy: camping one basic spot and EXPECTING your teammates to support you, when all the while they're all just doing their own thing. That causes frustration, especially against a well-oiled machine.

Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2016 at 09:59 AM

I would say that in point defense, like CTF or Oddball, the most efficient number of players is 5, in X formation. Also, the most efficient number of players in radial defense or movement is 5. One rotating player in the middle and four others surrounding them, facing outward in every direction. But that's just computer games, where you can only shoot where your screen is facing center.
Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2016 at 10:03 AM

In non-radial defense, you want one player on each side facing the middle and three players covering the rear center. Extrapolating this formation for a 3-player team, holding a single position, you want all three players relatively close together behind cover, but maintaining V jaw-forward.

Against superior numbers, you never hold a single location -- you always keep your team moving around the edges, unseen, as in guerrilla combat, hidden, unseen, hit-and-retreat strategy, very mobile and in the shadows. Holding a single location against superior numbers is like a bug putting themselves under a foot.
Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2016 at 10:09 AM

mihirgates

https://youtube.com/mihirgates

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 09:51 AM    Msg. 29 of 53       

is that some janky prisoner remix? it looks interesting

It's doubletake map from h1.5

sparky

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 10:17 AM    Msg. 30 of 53       
I can't even tell what's happening in that video for the most part, since this guy's team indicators don't appear often, and he's kind of all over the place.

I saw at 4:40 that the red player in the middle served himself up as bait.

Again, if you were to see the enemy players on radar, what would you use VOIP to say, if you already knew exactly where you should be at any given time in relation to the environment and your other teammates?

You think I'm silly for talking about military formations. Read some books about military strategy and get back to me. Or ask anyone who has been through ROTC training to talk about the value of combat formations in the history of war, and they'll inform you properly. (Look ma, no screenshots!)

Heck, watch the movie Ender's Game, even.
Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2016 at 10:19 AM

sparky

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 10:24 AM    Msg. 31 of 53       
Well you just proved my point. If you want to talk strategy, research the history of effective war strategies. It's like saying Chess has nothing to do with strategy. If you think war strategies have nothing to do with combat games, watch some videos on YouTube about winning world-champion Team Fortress 2 or DOTA teams. Some video of ranked players messing around on some console controller rendition of Halo is definition not grounds for being starry-eyed when it comes to investigating superior strategies in combat.

mihirgates

https://youtube.com/mihirgates

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 10:34 AM    Msg. 32 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: mihirgates

is that some janky prisoner remix? it looks interesting

It's doubletake map from h1.5

thank you

np m8 :v

sparky

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 12:14 PM    Msg. 33 of 53       
t3h m00kz, you gave three video links that look to me like little kids playing soccer. They swarm the objective points without any concept or demonstration of proper formation. Compared to professional soccer, where each player remains in formation and moves as part of the team, and compared to my experiences of playing with people who respect formation and with those who ignore it, and compared to games like Rogue Spear where the enemy AI kills you as soon as they appear on your screen, within a fraction of a second, and compared to playing Battlefield 3 against Navy Seal players who you can never find but who always seem to get a headshot on you with a single bullet out of nowhere, and I'm quite certain that you'll need to start talking based upon logistics and experience if you want to prove that voice chat is a suitable replacement for tactics.

When you are in formation and you know the terrain, you already know where the enemy is, just as if you had radar. That was my point: team formations are a fundamental aspect of game play. Like breathing: you want to run a marathon, but if you're not breathing properly, how far can you run? Proper formation and discipline is gained before the test. Like music: you don't practice during a concert, you practice before the concert. And you don't build a car on the highway, you build it before you put it on the highway. Voice chat might be useful during training, but in the field, it is antiquated by proper training.
Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2016 at 12:18 PM

So until you present some concrete examples that can prove my experiences incorrect, I will remain of the opinion that voice chat is no replacement for practiced strategy. I think the most basic strategy among team players is formation.
Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2016 at 12:30 PM
Edited by sparky on Jan 24, 2016 at 12:32 PM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 04:26 PM    Msg. 34 of 53       
Comedy.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 05:00 PM    Msg. 35 of 53       
Personally I rely on the stupidity of others in order to ensure my own success.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=86lEd7WeKz8

I am ofcourse referencing the virtual world.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 11, 2019 2:10 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website