A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »What makes a flag, well, a flag?

Author Topic: What makes a flag, well, a flag? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

msalerno

Posted: Jan 25, 2016 11:42 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Trying to determine, from the server side, what makes an object a "flag".

And by that, I mean when a player is holding the flag. If I look at the tag associated with that object, it's a weapon. And the weapon label in the tag is 'f' (0x66).

But does that mean that all flags on all maps always have a weapon label of 'f'? Or is there some other magic thing somewhere that makes the weapon a "flag"?

That goes for skull ball too, which has a label of 'b' (0x62).

What triggers Halo to treat these objects the way it does?
Edited by msalerno on Jan 25, 2016 at 01:06 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jan 25, 2016 01:07 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
The globals tag lets you pick what the flag and ball are. Pretty sure you can make it anything and it will work as a flag.

msalerno

Posted: Jan 25, 2016 01:22 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Ah, I see, said the blind man.

Thanks a bunch for the pointer!

RadWolfie

Programmer

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 01:17 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
The globals tag lets you pick what the flag and ball are. Pretty sure you can make it anything and it will work as a flag.

This, plus using a custom flag or ball may will cause issue with CTF and oddball if you are using same tag as a weapon to be (re)spawn in the map. Bungie/Gearbox didn't make a patch for this issue, even recent 1.10 patch. I, on other hand, am able to notice which object/tag is being used as an game usage such as CTF and oddball of course. In a third-party application there's a fix on server-side issue for it. Hope this is also helpful info.

msalerno

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 01:33 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Thanks! Yes, it is useful information. I am looking at this from the server-side.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed September 18, 2019 2:00 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website