A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Limbo Files?

Author Topic: Limbo Files? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Dont Cuss

Posted: Jan 29, 2016 04:38 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Solved!
In virtual store. See below.

Ok I have a crazy problem.

It started off when I needed to build a map bsp with tool but was getting the "MAXIMUM_TAG_FILES_PER_INDEX" error. Because I still wanted the tags to extract files from, I renamed the folder, uninstalled HEK and then reinstalled HEK to get a fresh tag folder.

This worked and I was able to build the map and scenery that goes with it. Midway through I noticed that none of my files or folders were showing up in the explore window. But because the tags where loading fine I thought it might have been a viewer setting that would fix after I restarted my computer.

This was not the case.
1. I checked my "view hidden and system folders". I had it on.
2. I check security settings. I have full access and control to all the folders.
3. I tried copying the folder path that it has in sapien and guerilla. It gave me this error.

4.If I try and drag the files to my desktop from sapien or guerilla it gives me this error.

5. I finally decided to see if it would build into a map. It does!

I can play it with no errors but it does not show up in my map folders.

I normally would just do a hard reset and reinstall halo but I need the map that I worked on because it is for someone else.

Clues
1. I have the OS_ tools and kornman tools but did not use them in this build.
2. Maps that I did not build in this tag folder but have built in earlier versions with tool show up in this limbo zone. These scenarios do NOT open in sapien but they do not have all the tags they need to open.
3. This IS the right directory. If I create a new folder in the sapien open window it DOES show up in the windows explore window.

4. I did a disk clean up and it did not do anything.
5. I cannot find my debug file. Is it called debug? I have not used it in a while.

So my question is, does tool have some sort of memory catch? It seems like all the items in this limbo have been compiled through my tool at some point.
Edited by Dont Cuss on Jan 29, 2016 at 04:51 PM
Edited by Dont Cuss on Jan 29, 2016 at 04:56 PM

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jan 29, 2016 04:40 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
in windows 10 a friend was having the same issue some time ago, it was fixed by using the admin mode in guerrilla and sapien.

Dont Cuss

Posted: Jan 29, 2016 04:46 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Ok, when I use admin with sapien the extra files do not show up. Is there a way I can access them?

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jan 29, 2016 04:50 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Have you tried searching in your virtual store directory?

C:\Users\xxxx\appdata\local\virtualstore\program files (x86)\microsoft games\halo custom edition

Dont Cuss

Posted: Jan 29, 2016 04:55 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Have you tried searching in your virtual store directory?

C:\Users\xxxx\appdata\local\virtualstore\program files (x86)\microsoft games\halo custom edition

You are a life saver

That is exactly where it was.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 10:29 AM 110 ms.
A Halo Maps Website