A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Garbage/Scenery Despawn time?

Author Topic: Garbage/Scenery Despawn time? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Temptii

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 09:10 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
I'm trying to spawn a non-collidable object for a short time, then have it despawn. Currently I'm using the garbage object and it works fairly well, but it despawns within 10 seconds. I'm lookin for it to stay spawned for a few minutes. Is there a way to control the garbage despawn time?

If not, I figured the next best thing would be to create a scenery object instead. Problem is, how do I despawn a scenery object without scripts?

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 09:40 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Perhaps using an effect tag that spawns a projectile with a lifespan of a few minutes would suffice. Adjusting the behavior of object garbage collection times means modifying the game's memory table(s) as it is running, and that is a bit esoteric and not developed much into usable programs or hacks, as far as I am aware -- but I don't use Open Sauce or Halo Anti-Cheat, so I am not familiar with what those programs do, such as with scripting to adjust game memory values.

Temptii

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 10:13 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
I didn't think it would work, but it did, and beautifully at that. Thanks a lot!

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 12:05 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
If you do that in campaign it will result in the game being unsafe to save.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 4:42 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website