A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Question about covenant shield barriors/generators

Author Topic: Question about covenant shield barriors/generators (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ThePolice

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 10:39 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
I noticed that if you run over a shield barrior with a vehicle the shield won't reappear until a new games starts but if you blow it up with a grenade it will apear after 7 seconds. So is there a way to make it reapear after being ran over?

ThePolice

Posted: Feb 5, 2016 10:52 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
I've tried changing the vehicle_collision jpt tag damage and I've also tried messing around in the coll tag of the shield but to no avail.

I also noticed that when you run it over the shields don't actually go down. The physical shield does but the shields for the base are still there because you can shoot it with an AR and the bullets bounce off. But if you run it over and then throw a grenade at it the grenade will take the shields down and the physical shield will reappear.

ThePolice

Posted: Feb 5, 2016 06:12 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Thanks for the help.

I finally got it to work the way I wanted and I found a pretty easy way to do it. In the coll tag for the shield there is a reference for the shield depleted effect. I just changed it to a modifed frag grenade explosion effect with no force, no particles and no damage to players.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 12:07 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
(((K.)))

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue May 26, 2020 9:41 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website