A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »what would you if i'd os mp maps?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: what would you if i'd os mp maps? (59 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 04:50 AM    Msg. 1 of 59       
just asking if you lot, would like it: or have some ideas,
to put in, and the way, I was going to do this, and bye just adding os textures to the maps guns biped, and all that can have os textures maybe even some fix's

what do you lot say, it's been some time tho

what would you do if i'd os mp old maps? plan
sorry I didn't think you would say that, now that's what im going on about you said what I needed to do thanks.

im not making promises because who can?

2Help from all of the CE maps. I mean help if you guys, are willing to give
well I haven't looked at the maps but things like scenery needing animations or better, animations and multipurpose maps, with this idea I have to use them,

What are you testing? You can't 'test' textures. well yes I have to this is os textures,
they need to look good, ingame I have to test what the textures will look ilke because of light and dark areas,

Show something resembling a plan.hmm you have a point, sorry about that
ok my 1st idea was just to add OS textures, but now that I'VE had some time to think, maybe fix some of the textures, ep multipurpose maps need newer versions,sniper rifle zoom
has a fix seen it some where,and maybe update the hud for the biped, we do have HCEA, maybe we could rip the hud for all the guns and biped.,

what mods are you talking about?. ill show one of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUrJhpxF_I ones im done with this mod ill use the tag set to update one halo 3 map, then im going to make a map to start my work on this big overdone plan to update\mod the old halo one maps using there tag set with hopeful new things

to add the map I make is just to test things on

Edited by DOOM899 on Feb 19, 2016 at 06:12 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 05:39 AM    Msg. 2 of 59       
A server hosting OS enabled mp maps is a pretty exotic thing. Unfortunately the fan base and understanding for OS maps needs to increase before people start taking OS MP projects seriously.

That is if you care about people playing your map.

If you just want to have fun then dew it and don't let anyone tell you wrong.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 05:45 AM    Msg. 3 of 59       
a. Regurgitated scrambles of words make me want to kill myself.

b. OS MP maps hahahahahahahahaha

c. OS MP maps hahahahahahahahaha

d. Does adding higher resolution textures with awful OS shaders make the gameplay better?

e. OS MP maps hahahahahahahahaha

DOOM899

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 06:11 AM    Msg. 4 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
A server hosting OS enabled mp maps is a pretty exotic thing. Unfortunately the fan base and understanding for OS maps needs to increase before people start taking OS MP projects seriously.

you do have a point, however if none dose it, then none well give a damn.

im thinking of doing this, not 100% on it, but it would be nice to have a nicer, looking tag set, it's been a long time, got to start modding a again

before I did stop moddong my map, I did this just to show why, os things would be nice here's a pic
Edited by DOOM899 on Feb 13, 2016 at 06:12 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 06:17 AM    Msg. 5 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

im thinking of doing this, not 100% on it, but it would be nice to have a nicer, looking tag set, it's been a long time, got to start modding a again

A decent counter.

1. Grass uv co-ordinates require de-scaling. Or you need a detail map.

DOOM899

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 06:25 AM    Msg. 6 of 59       

A decent counter.

yeah it has a detail map, you can see it a bit, I think
I need to get a new video up, showing what I did do

o and that map was just a mod, I did make a map at one point, I just forgot where it is
Edited by DOOM899 on Feb 13, 2016 at 06:27 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 06:30 AM    Msg. 7 of 59       

A decent counter.

o and that map was just a mod, I did make a map at one point, I just forgot where it is

If their is in-fact a detail map applied to the ground texture it needs to be scaled down.

Detail maps are designed to provide addition visual richness from a macro lens like point of view. According to your image the detail map you are utilizing doesn't seem to be providing any comprehensive interest even at a generous distance.

DOOM899

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 06:53 AM    Msg. 8 of 59       

A decent counter.

If their is in-fact a detail map applied to the ground texture it needs to be scaled down.

Detail maps are designed to provide addition visual richness from a macro lens like point of view. According to your image the detail map you are utilizing doesn't seem to be providing any comprehensive interest even at a generous distance.
this you mean? about detail map you do have a point, however that was sometime ago, and can be fixed ,

would like to see what the old mp maps would look like with os, I mean there's no point in updating, it with os textures, if none will play it. and with that being said, where would I upload it?.

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 07:36 AM    Msg. 9 of 59       
where would I upload it?.

BTCC22'S Hac2 server. Mega.co.nz

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 01:00 PM    Msg. 10 of 59       
4 nades just like in halo 3 would be cool too.

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 02:13 PM    Msg. 11 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

Frag.

Plasma.

Spike.

Pine cone.

DOOM899

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 06:08 PM    Msg. 12 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
yeah can't be done, it would seem, that the OS team didn't fix that, from the last update, I did get it working for like, 2mins then my server crashed,

I hope they fix most, of the bugs in the last update, and well as some nice things, FOR MP IM hopeful

Super Flanker, I found a somewhere, I can upload it http://www.moddb.com/members/gamesmaster899
Edited by DOOM899 on Feb 13, 2016 at 06:14 PM

Lateksi

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 08:08 PM    Msg. 13 of 59       
I don't really see the point in having basic MP maps in .yelo form. It'd have to be something revolutionary. Graphics alone can't be it.

NeX

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 09:50 PM    Msg. 14 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
I don't really see the point in having basic MP maps in .yelo form. It'd have to be something revolutionary. Graphics alone can't be it.

That's the benefit of OS .map files. Backwards compatibility baby.

Then again if OS and hac2 could just play nice together, OS would be a viable option for everyday MP, yelo or not.

At this point either devs need to realize that the non compatibility is really holding everything back. No one should have to sacrifice function for graphics, nor vice versa. It's silly.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 11:10 PM    Msg. 15 of 59       

pretty much, keep it .map...

but that's not exactly easy yet

DOOM899

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 03:19 AM    Msg. 16 of 59       
yeah but do you play them?

because if you do, then you'll know, just how loved they are, so why add some OS goodness, and maybe one or two fix's.

better Graphics would help tho, or better textures,

like I said it's up to you lot if you think, I should go for it

o and they can be in map from, they will just look the same, if your not a os user

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 03:28 AM    Msg. 17 of 59       
I'm pro OS. But like everyone else is saying, just making HD textures in the maps alone is not that interesting. Try going for something amazing to make them stand out from there .map brethren.

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 11:24 AM    Msg. 18 of 59       
Like replacing large portions of the BSP with OS scenery without changing the stock-collision?

HighPolyHyrule-2012
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 14, 2016 at 11:27 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 11:50 AM    Msg. 19 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: t3h m00kz
as long as OS and HAC2 conflict I will lean towards HAC2. unless I can have multiple installs, I will not go through the hassle of using OS

First it was halo online vs. Halo ce

Then it was sshers vs. the community.

Shortly after it became halonimater vs. H5G

Now it has become OS halo meister race against the hac2 fan boys.

Not really tho.

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 11:50 AM    Msg. 20 of 59       
as long as OS and HAC2 conflict I will lean towards HAC2. unless I can have multiple installs, I will not go through the hassle of using OS

First it was halo online vs. Halo ce

Then it was sshers vs. the community.

Shortly after it became halonimater vs. H5G

Now it has become OS halo meister race against the hac2 fan boys.

Not really tho.

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 03:38 PM    Msg. 21 of 59       
Did you add a multipurpose map to your spartan yet?

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 04:14 PM    Msg. 22 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

not this again.

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 04:50 PM    Msg. 23 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

not this again.

Moot did and does have a valid point though. Also I did a double post :) I am now officially as keewl as altis.

Hey even losers like me reach their full potential some day!

DOOM899

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 06:33 PM    Msg. 24 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
I'm pro OS. But like everyone else is saying, just making HD textures in the maps alone is not that interesting. Try going for something amazing to make them stand out from there .map brethren.
ok to start, off I was going to update the old halo 1 maps, like bloodgulch, or boardingaction, or sidewinder you get the idea.

two even a pro like you or me, see the same things again and again being old map yet we play them old or not, so HD textures I would not go that far they'd be using the same textures just with os goodness.

Mootjuh no and yes as you can see, the parts of the biped have multipurpose maps some don't. and im with MEGASEAN2812, with this one, ill do things my way plezz do not being this up again.

t3h m00kz you think there are hassles?, took me like five mins to install, OS V 4.0.0. just asking but what hassles do you mean?

OrangeJuice think of it this way, I can add some more scenery because of OS, but may not.
keeping the scenery, used in the old maps, and just adding os goodness two them.

Super Flanker Mootjuh may have a point, however if I can ovoid using them I wILL, but the biped dose have some multipurpose maps, just because of the color looking to odd in some parts.

last but lest I can make it a map, file as Super Flanker showed how, so if you use os you'd see normal textures, and if you don't use OS, you'd be playing the same map,

as this is a idea, for me I don't, see a point to doing it that.

but that's up to you lot

supersonic124

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 07:18 PM    Msg. 25 of 59       
I'm surprised by all the people hating on OS. The only worthwhile features HAC2 has over OS (at least to me as an ignorant random player) are better map downloading and custom chat/medals. Otherwise OS has it beat in pretty much every regard. More features, polished UI, improved visuals, awesome single player content, ETC.

I wish someone with programming knowledge would find a way to either integrate HAC in OS or make the two compatible because it's kind of irritating being forced to use either one or the other.
Edited by supersonic124 on Feb 14, 2016 at 07:19 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 10:53 PM    Msg. 26 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: supersonic124

I wish someone with programming knowledge would find a way to either integrate HAC in OS or make the two compatible because it's kind of irritating being forced to use either one or the other.
Edited by supersonic124 on Feb 14, 2016 at 07:19 PM

Though this might be nothing but conjecture both creators may have had disagreements in the past leading us to where we are now.

DOOM899

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 04:12 AM    Msg. 27 of 59       
so do you lot think I could do this?, I may, based on what help I get, maybe have new, animations for the plants and trees.

now that, all has been said yes or no?, I do have to work of that mod, before I start this, so im just seeing if you lot would give it a go?, because IM gunna need help for some things, so?

if you lot say no, you gotta say why,and if you say yes, this is gunna be a lot of work
Edited by DOOM899 on Feb 17, 2016 at 04:13 AM

DOOM899

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 05:12 AM    Msg. 28 of 59       

Quote: --- Original message by: supersonic124

I'm surprised by all the people hating on OS. The only worthwhile features HAC2 has over OS (at least to me as an ignorant random player) are better map downloading and custom chat/medals.

for one, map downloading is huge. I can literally join any server I want and not have to worry about manually browsing for, downloading and installing the map

also server favorites, quick joining, both of which speed up the ability to get into a game. sightjacking as well, which is integrated with servers. the only thing it lacks that I'll complain about is 3rd person and viewmodel support, I would love these features. hud color is useless and annoying to accidentally click on.

OS adds little to improve the MP experience as far as I can tell. as a primarily MP player, why would I choose OS over HAC2?
Edited by t3h m00kz on Feb 17, 2016 at 04:30 AM
sightjacking is the most retarded thing I ever did see,i mean If you playing with mates,and they use it as well, that's ok,but if your lest say your playing a server, the guy who uses,

sightjacking is all ways going to know where you are, and that is just.. retarded and is
just not fair, it's like being a bot user, I mean if you like fair play that is.

os can download maps to, just like hac2 ya know?

2nd why would the download have to be big? maps with OS can be 200 mbs ya know,
and the biggest map made is not OS, and that map is like 800mbs, I think maybe more

3rd maps made with os not just look\based on how there done, good but they can have more things in them.

4th I would'n MIND medals, that would be cool;\

5th there's been no good OS mp maps to play, yet.

soon as I get my mod done all will have something of en idea.

o and here's a vid a bit old tho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUrJhpxF_I
Edited by DOOM899 on Feb 17, 2016 at 05:18 AM
Edited by DOOM899 on Feb 17, 2016 at 05:23 AM
Edited by DOOM899 on Feb 17, 2016 at 05:24 AM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 09:40 PM    Msg. 29 of 59       
I'd not play them.

supersniper

fear the sniper

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 10:13 PM    Msg. 30 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I'd not play them.
not worth the hassle of turning off hac2 just to play 1 map, then having to restart the game etc. complete waste of time. .yelo maps are for single player.

DOOM899

Posted: Feb 18, 2016 01:32 AM    Msg. 31 of 59       
I'd not play them.
why?

quote not worth the hassle of turning off hac2 just to play 1 map, then having to restart the game etc. complete waste of time. .yelo maps are for single player.

it would be more then one map,and they can be MP as well, like I did say before, there's are no good os mp maps out there yet.

1no because support for OS is extremely limited, because just about no info on it that's why,and no good maps

2 If there's going to be bot accusations, I expect there to be proof. Sightjacking is proof.

If I expect somebody to be botting, SJ them, see that they check out, then I continue to play the game normally. It is exploitable, yes, but it can be turned off in the server if the server owner desires.

yeah but think of it this, way most users I have seen users use it,to know where you even if your not botting, it dose start to make you mad, that you can't hide, ya know.

3rd as I put in the 2nd page however if none willing to do it, then none well give a damn.

ones I get my two mods done,I will do this just to show, you they are better with os,.
maybe hac 2 could run with os some day maybe

keep in mind that my mods come 1st, so at lest I get my skills back

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Feb 18, 2016 01:58 AM    Msg. 32 of 59       
I'd not play them.

why?
Quote: not worth the hassle of turning off hac2 just to play 1 map, then having to restart the game etc. complete waste of time. .yelo maps are for single player.

it would be more then one map,and they can be MP as well, like I did say before, there's are no good os mp maps out there yet.

no because support for OS is extremely limited, because just about no info on it that's why,and no good maps

Quote: If there's going to be bot accusations, I expect there to be proof. Sightjacking is proof.

If I expect somebody to be botting, SJ them, see that they check out, then I continue to play the game normally. It is exploitable, yes, but it can be turned off in the server if the server owner desires.

yeah but think of it this, way most users I have seen users use it,to know where you even if your not botting, it dose start to make you mad, that you can't hide, ya know.

3rd as I put in the 2nd page however if none willing to do it, then none well give a damn.

ones I get my two mods done,I will do this just to show, you they are better with os,.
maybe hac 2 could run with os some day maybe

keep in mind that my mods come 1st, so at lest I get my skills back

Why is it so hard to understand that the player base of people willing to switch from HAC2 to OS for a handful of MP maps, is extremely low?

You would have to create a Multiplayer "Killer App Suite" for non-OS users to actually care about. Which means like 5-6 real balanced and competitive maps at the least.
The only actually interesting thing I can see with OS in MP is proper working Grav-lifts (fun nade placements and more movement options), Vehicle boarding (More anti-vehicle combat options), and interesting tags (Variable firing rate, 3shot/1shot switch for BR etc).
And all that as interesting as it is is still not good enough to make me/alot of people want to switch to OS for any real amount of time.
It would be a short lasting gimmick at best.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Feb 18, 2016 02:07 AM    Msg. 33 of 59       

Thread Title/quote]

I wouldn't play them probably. I doubt you could get the map to look decent enough to even justify using OS, especially .Yelo type.

You'd probably break more than you'd fix simply by adding all the 'cool' features OS supports.

How can you make the maps stand out with OS shaders while not using rips from other games? HCEA rips might be an exception, but what about the BSP?

DOOM899

Posted: Feb 18, 2016 02:29 AM    Msg. 34 of 59       
Original message by: EtchyaSketch.cut.Why is it so hard to understand that the player base of people willing to switch from HAC2 to OS for a handful of MP maps, is extremely low?

You would have to create a Multiplayer "Killer App Suite" for non-OS users to actually care about. Which means like 5-6 real balanced and competitive maps at the least.
The only actually interesting thing I can see with OS in MP is proper working Grav-lifts (fun nade placements and more movement options), Vehicle boarding (More anti-vehicle combat options), and interesting tags (Variable firing rate, 3shot/1shot switch for BR etc).
And all that as interesting as it is is still not good enough to make me/alot of people want to switch to OS for any real amount of time.
It would be a short lasting gimmick at best.
those would be cool, I bet that's something cmt would do, or not...

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Thread Title/quote]

I wouldn't play them probably. I doubt you could get the map to look decent enough to even justify using OS, especially .Yelo type.

You'd probably break more than you'd fix simply by adding all the 'cool' features OS supports.

How can you make the maps stand out with OS shaders while not using rips from other games? HCEA rips might be an exception, but what about the BSP?
. I would be getting the help from all, of halo ce maps because no one guy could do this,

with the help,I get this will be something,new or at lest none done it yet using the same tag set,that came with the old halo 1 maps, as far as I know, and to add ill fix some things as well not just add os

also you seem to think I can't do it, with loads of tests, it may take 7or8 weeks just to get the textures looking good

well as soon as my mods get done that is
Edited by DOOM899 on Feb 18, 2016 at 02:31 AM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Feb 18, 2016 03:09 AM    Msg. 35 of 59       
good lord

Use it.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon December 9, 2019 3:10 AM 1,578 ms.
A Halo Maps Website