A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »How to make this kind of bitmaps ?

Author Topic: How to make this kind of bitmaps ? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Feb 19, 2016 08:30 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
So i want to do a shield metter bitmap for the HUD that will start to appearwhen the shields are taking dame and totally appear when the shield is depleted (Just like the H3 ODST shield metter on this site) pic:

can someone tellme how to make this kind of animated bitmaps ?, btw are these "sprites"?
Edited by Kinnet on Feb 19, 2016 at 08:30 PM

Twinreaper

Posted: Feb 20, 2016 07:11 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Well its a bit complicated, but to directly answer your question no they are not animated bitmaps. Well I guess you could call them animated?

Most bitmaps for HUDs are either "interface" or simple "2d textures" that have function attributes assigned in the shaders.

As for Interface style or any other type that requires an overlay like an ammo counter on the AR or Battlerifle, tool in the H2EK has no documentation for properly setting up a source image or compiling it in tact. To do so, you have to manually compute the pixel offsets, registration points and then manually add that information by adding additional "bitmap" chunks in the bitmap tag.

It's a complicated long process if you have never manually created animation style overlay bitmaps, but it can be done.

First ever reported actual case of this type was when I sucessfully created the true halo reach dmr ammo counter and storm br counters.

Here is a link to some HUD work that Kirby did...

http://www.halo2vista.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=649

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 20, 2016 03:29 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

So i want to do a shield metter bitmap for the HUD that will start to appearwhen the shields are taking dame and totally appear when the shield is depleted (Just like the H3 ODST shield metter on this site) pic:

http://i.imgur.com/BdqdDva.jpg

can someone tellme how to make this kind of animated bitmaps ?, btw are these "sprites"?
Edited by Kinnet on Feb 19, 2016 at 08:30 PM

All animated textures are referred to as sprites. It is possible to setup your texture to appropriate in this way, I've done it before but you will need to script it in order for it to sync up to an event where in the player takes a percentage of damage.

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Feb 20, 2016 09:44 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
thank you, i'll try some stuff and see what happens.
Edited by Kinnet on Feb 20, 2016 at 09:44 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri August 18, 2017 2:11 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website