A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »When exactly did Halo 2 Vista's Multiplayer get discontinued?

Author Topic: When exactly did Halo 2 Vista's Multiplayer get discontinued? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

sparky

You won't listen to me anyway.

Posted: Feb 21, 2016 10:20 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Can someone give me a date, or at least confirm which month it ceased? Thanks. So far I've got this sentence in my white-paper:

Quote: In October or November of 2015, Microsoft suddenly ceased hosting their master server lobby for Halo 2 Vista.

I'm not even sure which month it was.

Twinreaper

Posted: Feb 21, 2016 10:43 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Indeed it was October 2015 that the Halo 2 Master Server last functioned. Since then the H2MT has made repeated attempts to reach and obtain information about it, but nothing has been reterned. For some reason the thread for it over at H2PC isnt there, like sniper or kant deleted it, not sure why. But for shiz and giggles, you can head over and track down the shotty server support for sure.

sparky

You won't listen to me anyway.

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 01:58 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Alright, so is this an accurate and brief statement?

Quote: In October of 2015, Microsoft suddenly ceased hosting their master server lobby for Halo 2 Vista. Several attempts were made to contact Microsoft about this problem, but correspondence was apparently ignored and unreturned by Microsoft.

PermaNull

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 03:29 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Alright, so is this an accurate and brief statement?

Quote: In October of 2015, Microsoft suddenly ceased hosting their master server lobby for Halo 2 Vista. Several attempts were made to contact Microsoft about this problem, but correspondence was apparently ignored and unreturned by Microsoft.

Supersniper would be the best one to tell you the exact date, but I would assume that's a reasonable statement to make.

supersniper

fear the sniper

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 06:44 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
wow I don't know where the thread went? strange. but yeah the server list went down in the beginning of august and took a month to get back up. Then it stayed active throughout September then went down again in October and hasn't been up since.

That is what happened. :/

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue March 28, 2017 4:14 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website