A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Animation INJECTION (NOT LOOKING FOR KORNMANS TOOL)

Author Topic: Animation INJECTION (NOT LOOKING FOR KORNMANS TOOL) (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 05:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Hey guys, I have some animations I need to add to sets, but to do this I have to go through the tedious and sometimes broken process of importing all animations in max, making my one single animation I wanna add, and then export it all back, it's a bit annoying, and personally it's really not fun to work on, I know of the animation editor by Kornman00, but that just seems to replace anims, rather then add, is there any tool or way to inject new animations into existing model_animations tags?
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Feb 23, 2016 at 05:44 PM

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 06:18 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Hey guys, I have some animations I need to add to sets, but to do this I have to go through the tedious and sometimes broken process of importing all animations in max, making my one single animation I wanna add, and then export it all back, it's a bit annoying, and personally it's really not fun to work on, I know of the animation editor by Kornman00, but that just seems to replace anims, rather then add, is there any tool or way to inject new animations into existing model_animations tags?
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Feb 23, 2016 at 05:44 PM

I believe it's possible to replace a fake animation you add in Guerilla.

I've only done this once with the CMT Spartan and Zteam Spartan animations though so I can not guarantee it will work.

Edited by Dumb AI on Feb 23, 2016 at 06:20 PM

Nickster5000

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 08:27 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
I think your best bet is to use kornmann's tool that is found on halomaps...

Oh wait.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 11:04 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Once I have the model_animations tag definition written for my library, I'll be able to write a little app to export and import animations. Technically I can do this using command line for any block in a tag(parts blocks in a gbxmodel, mouth data in a sound tag, particles in an effect tag, attachment/triggers/magazines in an object type tag, etc). I've been totally silent about this because I want to have a single, procedurally generated gui that can open any "tags" that have been defined and display a guerilla-like editing interface.

This is a screenshot of a little app I wrote that uses a definition of part of a certain(non-bungie) xbox game's executable to allow you to edit the secret character traits and cheats. It also allows you to export the characters and/or cheats data to a separate file so you can keep a collection of different sets of characters/cheats, kinda like a set of gametypes.

Again, the above image has nothing to do with halo, but it illustrates what I'm referring to. The bottom right is the executable(scrolled down to around cheats address), and the top right is the data exported to a separate file.

I intend to work on this more and maybe I'll have something to give you guys once I'm out of physics2 and calc3. This semester's been busy lol.

but yeah, to the op, either use kornman's tool like the guys above me described, or wait for possibly months for me to release something you can use. Your choice.

EDIT: The app I showed had a very rough gui thrown together and it wouldn't work at all with any halo tag definitions, so I would have to write something new for an animation editor app.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Feb 23, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 11:05 AM    Msg. 5 of 8       
I luv u moses.

XP MASTER RACE.

OrangeJuice

Still here because their site isn't active either

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 11:17 AM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Oooooh? Shadowrun Alpha?

I always figured that adding animations to a currently existing graph was as easy as just making a new animation named something else besides the existing ones.

(i used to make lots of device machines and controls when I was making the jail/mall thing. And I would notice two differing 'device position' datas in the same .animation every time I named it wrong )

So with a tool like that, it is possible to back up OS's claim of slightly-uncapped animation limits?
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 24, 2016 at 11:19 AM
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 24, 2016 at 11:23 AM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 01:25 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
With a tool like this, it'd be possible to split tags apart into the individual blocks that make them up and save them each separately and reimport them to any tag you wanted to(as long as you're below the block limit of that part of the tag).

I'm not sure what you mean by "back up OS's claim...", but say you wanted to export the "flash h ar" events->particle block from the weapons/assault rifle/effects/fire bullet.effect to a separate file. You could easily do that, and it would allow you to ~2 click import it into any effect tag without having to manually type/click and enter information into all the 68 different fields.

You could also export each animation to a separate animations_block file so they could be imported into any animations tag.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 03:20 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
With a tool like this, it'd be possible to split tags apart into the individual blocks that make them up and save them each separately and reimport them to any tag you wanted to(as long as you're below the block limit of that part of the tag).

I'm not sure what you mean by "back up OS's claim...", but say you wanted to export the "flash h ar" events->particle block from the weapons/assault rifle/effects/fire bullet.effect to a separate file. You could easily do that, and it would allow you to ~2 click import it into any effect tag without having to manually type/click and enter information into all the 68 different fields.

You could also export each animation to a separate animations_block file so they could be imported into any animations tag.

Oooooh hype. Hype.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon July 13, 2020 1:25 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website