A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »How to extract animations and models?

Author Topic: How to extract animations and models? (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

xXblazmodzXx

"Be Human..."

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 04:51 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
So, I had fixed a mod for GMod that was made in 2008, it was a garbage, and broken mod. When i fixed it up, i fully realised that not all weapons were already there. So, I hav eextracted .jmm's and .jmo's from models, is there anything for me to know how to open these? and extract the animations and models?

EmmanuelCD

I hate this comunity as much as hate my existence

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 07:02 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: xXblazmodzXx
So, I had fixed a mod for GMod that was made in 2008, it was a garbage, and broken mod. When i fixed it up, i fully realised that not all weapons were already there. So, I hav eextracted .jmm's and .jmo's from models, is there anything for me to know how to open these? and extract the animations and models?

I dont have the anwser, but you should check a GMod forum for that. When your ready with that come back to explain you how to export them

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 07:14 PM    Msg. 3 of 11       

Can you be more clear ? I don't understand what gmod has to do with halo CE.

OrangeJuice

discord was killing the forums anyways

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 07:39 PM    Msg. 4 of 11       
Once you have your .JM[animation] files, you can import them with a maxscript like Bluestreak Animation Importer

or find another that works for you
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 1, 2016 at 08:00 PM

xXblazmodzXx

"Be Human..."

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 07:58 PM    Msg. 5 of 11       
I have that animation importer, i use GMax, and its super weird with FP Animations! it doesnt grab the weapon, and the plasma pistol gives weird errors.

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 09:02 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
You have to atach "frame gun" with "bone24" (took me 1 year to figure out)

xXblazmodzXx

"Be Human..."

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 09:05 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Haha LOL! Ty, But, How do i do that?

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 01:37 PM    Msg. 8 of 11       
Haha LOL! Ty, But, How do i do that?

Hit h on your keyboard select frame gun.

With frame gun selected, select the select and link tool.

Hit h again

Select frame bone 24.

Done.

Google the select and linking stuff if you can't figure it out.

** ppl don't know what gmod is lmfao.

xXblazmodzXx

"Be Human..."

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 08:20 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
It just stays in one spot! :( it doesnt attach to the hands either! :( it does move, but its not attached to the hand :( And yeah, I was like "I guess they don't know what GMod is LOL"
Edited by xXblazmodzXx on Mar 2, 2016 at 08:36 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 10:36 PM    Msg. 10 of 11       
if you want to import animations through the animation importer, you would want to parent frame gun to the right hand bone (bip01 r wriste). Normally this is what you want to avoid doing when animating, but since you're importing the animation instead, it doesn't actually matter.

There are very few tools for the source engine that operate properly on GMAX. I would suggest getting a version of 3DS max or even blender and going from there. I would also suggest you try to learn the program you're attempting to work with before coming up with any large and/or ambitious projects. While this may not be either or, it's still something that you should keep in mind.

Also, im pretty sure that source doesn't handle addative animations the same way CE does, you'll have to figure out how that works before you try to put anything in.

xXblazmodzXx

"Be Human..."

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 10:56 PM    Msg. 11 of 11       
Thanks for the post, But the pack in GMod already has some of the weaposn and anims. It was made by someone else before, and it was so broken. i fixed it though. Now im trying to port new weapons.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 22, 2017 3:03 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website