A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Windows 10 Update KB3140743 Breaks Xbox One Controller Support

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev
Author Topic: Windows 10 Update KB3140743 Breaks Xbox One Controller Support (52 messages, Page 2 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 6, 2016 04:06 AM    Msg. 36 of 52       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
no 4 windows 7 is much safer AND, you have more control
easiest way is to keep using win 7

heh
heheheh

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Apr 6, 2016 11:01 AM    Msg. 37 of 52       
Here in Italy we say: "A lavare l'asino si spreca solo acqua e sapone"

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Apr 6, 2016 06:53 PM    Msg. 38 of 52       
Quote: --- Original message by: AlissArcana
Hey Doom:
http://i.imgur.com/dZJ5F6Y.png
How does it feel being wrong again? :3
naa IM not tho well, that's if you didn't download these updates https://www.hackread.com/microsoft-updates-spy-on-windows7-8-users/ you have more control in win 7 vs win 10

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 6, 2016 07:41 PM    Msg. 39 of 52       
Stop it! Your all being really retreded.

What will strangers think as they scroll through the endless amount of retrerded posts hoping to fix their controllers?

They are going to think this thread is really retreded thats what.

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: Apr 6, 2016 10:01 PM    Msg. 40 of 52       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

What will strangers think as they scroll through the endless amount of retrerded posts hoping to fix their controllers?

Strangers?

What about poor Dennis who has to read all this crap

A Juicy Frank

Posted: Apr 6, 2016 10:13 PM    Msg. 41 of 52       
retreded

Those "strangers" are going to think even the voices of reason here are lost hopes because they won't get the reference.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 02:48 AM    Msg. 42 of 52       

retard is out of context here learn to use your words properly, OK!

AlissArcana if you find a fix for this, and it works, ill post it in a new thread, with the added,promise ill not say a word about win 10 being junk k

o and IM a man of my word
Edited by DOOM899 on Apr 7, 2016 at 02:48 AM

stunt_man

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 08:43 AM    Msg. 43 of 52       
Quote: --- Original message by: AlissArcana

So correcting someone's misinformation is "retarded"? Okay, no wonder why Dennis doesn't come here as much. You guys really don't look at the mirror hard enough. Anyway, To answer your guys question about the XB1 controller, How many of you are using wired or wireless? I really doubt Microsoft is going to able to fix this entirely until the Redstone update arrives (However this was fixed in the Insider builds). This is why forced automatic updates are a bad thing, that and their black box nature with these updates. This might help you guys.
Edited by AlissArcana on Apr 7, 2016 at 01:35 AM

Hmm that's a good point. Not sure if I mentioned it but I have no idea if using the controller wirelessly produces the same results. Not sure when it was released - maybe the latest driver is required for wireless?

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 11:01 AM    Msg. 44 of 52       
Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man

Strangers?

What about poor Dennis who has to read all this crap

I just naturally assumed that over the years dennis had slowly built up immunity.

I mean he is really, really old. By now most moderators would have slashed their wrists.

KVOND

A.K.A -The Rock Candy-

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 07:38 PM    Msg. 45 of 52       
Quote: --- Original message by: KVOND
Quote: --- Original message by: SikSemper

I came here to fix my controller issue but instead got sidetracked on the subject of conspiracy. This guy is hilarious. I can see him hiding in his basement with a tin foil hat trying to prove that contrails from airplanes are actually chemical trails while writing about how dinosaurs helped build the pyramids. Tell me.. Do you really think a reputable company like Microsoft would risk years and years of developing and establishing it's name and product by spying on people? No. It's too much of a risk because if anything were to ever be discovered that would lead to the incrimination of your rights, that would be all she wrote. Anyways thanks for the laugh Doom and here http://www.zdnet.com/article/no-microsoft-is-not-spying-on-you-with-windows-10/ read that. Let me ask, are you so sure windows 7 isn't a virus or spyware? I mean with your type of evidence any operating system with internet capability could be "stealing" or "selling" your info. I better delete all the private info off of my windows 95 laptop while I'm thinking about it. I wouldn't want Microsoft to see my minesweeper scores.
Edited by SikSemper on Apr 4, 2016 at 07:42 PM

Ok ok ok, But... Did you fix your controller?

^^ this.

Also I wonder if this has been patched in a hotfix or something? Too lazy to undo my fix and try it...

Today Tuesday April 12th 2016 Microsoft released another cumulative updates to Windows 10 and I decided to undo the fixes of this thread to see if the problem persists and It seems the problem is fixed by now, normal Xbox controller driver works as it used to. No more need of the Microsoft xbox one controller driver that makes the controller rumble everytime you plug it in.
please mind my grammar XD

stunt_man

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 09:34 PM    Msg. 46 of 52       
Quote: --- Original message by: SikSemper

I came here to fix my controller issue but instead got sidetracked on the subject of conspiracy. This guy is hilarious. I can see him hiding in his basement with a tin foil hat trying to prove that contrails from airplanes are actually chemical trails while writing about how dinosaurs helped build the pyramids. Tell me.. Do you really think a reputable company like Microsoft would risk years and years of developing and establishing it's name and product by spying on people? No. It's too much of a risk because if anything were to ever be discovered that would lead to the incrimination of your rights, that would be all she wrote. Anyways thanks for the laugh Doom and here http://www.zdnet.com/article/no-microsoft-is-not-spying-on-you-with-windows-10/ read that. Let me ask, are you so sure windows 7 isn't a virus or spyware? I mean with your type of evidence any operating system with internet capability could be "stealing" or "selling" your info. I better delete all the private info off of my windows 95 laptop while I'm thinking about it. I wouldn't want Microsoft to see my minesweeper scores.
Edited by SikSemper on Apr 4, 2016 at 07:42 PM

Ok ok ok, But... Did you fix your controller?

^^ this.

Also I wonder if this has been patched in a hotfix or something? Too lazy to undo my fix and try it...

Today Tuesday April 12th 2016 Microsoft released another cumulative updates to Windows 10 and I decided to undo the fixes of this thread to see if the problem persists and It seems the problem is fixed by now, normal Xbox controller driver works as it used to. No more need of the Microsoft xbox one controller driver that makes the controller rumble everytime you plug it in.
please mind my grammar XD

Thank your for testing. I'll confirm this when I have a moment. I'm also going to be making a guide for getting the original S controller to work on PC so I'll check that at the same time.

Kinnet

Natsuki best boy

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 10:00 PM    Msg. 47 of 52       
Hey there Mexican Lady :D

stunt_man

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 02:27 PM    Msg. 48 of 52       
Very interesting. This is definitely a cleaner fix than using an old version of the controllers' drivers.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 03:22 PM    Msg. 49 of 52       
I played GTA V this weekend with my Xbox One controller and had zero issues. I'm sure my PCs are set to update automatically. I use the wireless adapter (the big fat USB flash drive looking thing).

I haven't used wired in a while, but I don't doubt it works too.

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 21, 2016 04:16 AM    Msg. 50 of 52       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
I played GTA V this weekend with my Xbox One controller and had zero issues. I'm sure my PCs are set to update automatically. I use the wireless adapter (the big fat USB flash drive looking thing).

I haven't used wired in a while, but I don't doubt it works too.

Jesse can you please sthap wasting your time with crummy video games and make my blockbusters map?

I don't ask for much.

SikSemper

Posted: Apr 23, 2016 09:17 PM    Msg. 51 of 52       
If you haven't figured it out by now do this and it should work. Removing the microsoft update did not work for me but this method does.

go here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9vk6j9xzj7o7grb/Controller_Fix_%28Xinput%29.zip and download and unzip to your desktop.

Go to Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > Right click on "XINPUT compatible HD device" > Properties > Driver tab > Update Driver > Click "Browse my computer for driver software" > Click "Let me pick from a list of devices on my computer" > Select the first entry "HID-compliant device" > Click Have Disk > Browse > Go into the folder you unzipped and select xinputhid.inf and click okay. That should fix it. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll look for another solution.

Danger Wong

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 04:20 PM    Msg. 52 of 52       
Hey stunt_man. Thanks for all your efforts sorting this out. I have installed Halo CE and trying to get started playing some multiplayer online. I use Windows 10. First things first trying to get my xbox one controller to work with the game. My controller has been working fine with other more modern games. I tried your fix using a previous update and now my won't even recognize my controller. Any ideas on where I may have gone wrong? Or do you have any ideas on how to restore my controller to previous drivers?

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed April 25, 2018 8:26 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website