A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CE3 2016 Live

Page 1 of 11 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 11 · Next
Author Topic: CE3 2016 Live (359 messages, Page 1 of 11)
Moderators: Dennis

MatthewDratt

Our President Brags About Sexual Assault

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 03:53 PM    Msg. 1 of 359       

Welcome back to the seventh and final year of CE3!

Check out the brand new trailer!

What is CE3?
At CE3 Live we have members of the Halo: Custom Edition community submit their upcoming projects to us and we present them to thousands of livestream audiences every summer. This will be our 7th year making CE3. If you’re working on a project, check out below on how to get your project in. Otherwise just wait and relax for CE3 live this summer and come check it out.

Is 2016 really the last year?
Yes, but we’re hoping to make this year the best yet. We are airing the show in August to give the creative community the most time available in the summer to work on their project. We also have an earlier deadline for map/tag files so we can have more time to make impressive presentations for every project.

Schedule
August 2nd at 11:59pm EDT - Map/Tag file deadline.
August 6th at 11:59pm EDT - Video file deadline.
August 20th at 5pm EDT/9pm UTC - CE3 2016 air lives! Head on over to our livestream page.

Submitting
To submit your project, read over the rules at submit.haloce3.com then either upload your project or submit a link to it!

This year, we’re changing the rules for submission slightly. You can only submit videos in the 16:9 aspect ratio. This allows us a smoother editing process and a much better CE3. We would also love if you submitted a draft to us while working on your project. We can offer feedback on what we think the audience would enjoy and what we’d end up cutting. You can submit drafts through the website or contact MatthewDratt on Skype/Halomaps or shoot an email to "matthew@mattdratt.com". If you do not have a 16:9 monitor, add -vidmode to your Halo: CE shortcut and add a 16:9 resolution (-Vidmode 1920,1080,60) or add -window and pick a 16:9 resolution once ingame. A list of resolutions can be found on the rules page.

Do you want a fancy trailer in CE3 but need one filmed? We do film footage if you submit a map/yelo file, however, the number of trailers we will edit is limited, so first come first served. We have edited gameplay and trailers for Bigass, Halo StarWars, Halo: Revolution, Firefight: Portent II, Lumoria: Episode 2 and much much more!

Visit submit.haloce3.com for all of the final rules and then once you’re ready, zip up your video file, maps, or tags and either send us a link or upload it on our website. We would also love to do interviews, so if you have a mic or smartphone with Skype, just check "Yes" in the submission form or contact us (MatthewDratt or Slow.Bullet on Skype) and we'll set up a time.

Previous Years
We’ve been doing CE3 since 2010. Around this time, a lot of people were saying that this community was dying or lackluster. While watching E3 in 2010, MattDratt and Slow Bullet came up with the idea for Halo CE3 Live: a livestream to showcase the mods of Halo: Custom Edition. Over the years, we’ve had many people join our crew such as Kozakuu, Renegade343 and M16 Assault.

Check out the previous year livestreams!

CE3 2010
CE3 2011
CE3 2012
CE3 2013
CE3 2014
CE3 2015

Website
Head on over to our website at haloce3.com for more!

And Thank You...
...for 3,000 subscribers! This makes us the most subscribed Halo: Custom Edition dedicated channel that is still active!

Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 18, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 03:57 PM    Msg. 2 of 359       
Remember if you have any questions please ask here or contact Dratt or myself.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 04:22 PM    Msg. 3 of 359       
So there is no chance what so ever of there being another ce3?

Even if you guys pick the show up after a 2 or 3 year gap?

MatthewDratt

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 04:30 PM    Msg. 4 of 359       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
So there is no chance what so ever of there being another ce3?

Even if you guys pick the show up after a 2 or 3 year gap?

There are currently no plans for CE3s after 2016. It may not be impossible for a return but at the moment this is our exit from the Live show.

XxPopeAK49xX

It's better being a jerk.

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 09:51 PM    Msg. 5 of 359       
Ending on the 7th year anniversary.

Bungie loves the number 7

Coincidence? I think not.

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 10:35 PM    Msg. 6 of 359       
You can bet VKMT will be there with a fresh new coat of paint since 2014.

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 11:27 PM    Msg. 7 of 359       
I just hope you guys will be able to handle Installation 01 this year.

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:22 AM    Msg. 8 of 359       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

http://i.imgur.com/dxP0PTy.jpg

Left hand digits are clipping with left side thigh.

2/10.

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:26 AM    Msg. 9 of 359       

2/10.

Taht gurl thicc tho fam

On an actually topic based note, i wonder if anyone will do something else like this in the future. It's been quite an interesting thing.

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:32 AM    Msg. 10 of 359       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925

2/10.

Taht gurl thicc tho fam

On an actually topic based note, i wonder if anyone will do something else like this in the future. It's been quite an interesting thing.

If anyone decides to pick up the mantle I'm hoping it will be (SBB)Sturm and co.

Skidrow925

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:35 AM    Msg. 11 of 359       
J

2/10.

Taht gurl thicc tho fam

If anyone decides to pick up the mantle I'm hoping it will be (SBB)Sturm and co.

My head has receded into my chest from reading that. Unless I'm think of the wrong "& Co" but still. Maybe I'll consider it. (I'll probably skimp but we'll see)

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:37 AM    Msg. 12 of 359       
J

2/10.

Taht gurl thicc tho fam

My head has receded into my chest from reading that. Unless I'm think of the wrong "& Co" but still. Maybe I'll consider it. (I'll probably skimp but we'll see)

I'd wager that they would be able to at least match the humor and professionalism of the ce3 crew, just expect more dick jokes.

Skidrow925

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:41 AM    Msg. 13 of 359       
J

2/10.

Taht gurl thicc tho fam

I'd wager that they would be able to at least match the humor and professionalism of the ce3 crew, just expect more dick jokes.

Can they into professionalism though? I mean, I'm sure they'd beat the dreaming weeb team but still.

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:49 AM    Msg. 14 of 359       
J

2/10.

Taht gurl thicc tho fam

Can they into professionalism though? I mean, I'm sure they'd beat the dreaming weeb team but still.

Storm has featured in the commentary of few ce3 vids, he did a pretty good job imao

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 11:16 AM    Msg. 15 of 359       
By any means, if it were to come to it, I'm sure I can plan such an event the caliber of CE3. But since we have the misfortune of this year's CE3 being the last of them all, it would just be an eldowrito in the sense that whatever comes, it's "unofficial" :v

Skidrow925

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 11:20 AM    Msg. 16 of 359       
Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird
By any means, if it were to come to it, I'm sure I can plan such an event the caliber of CE3. But since we have the misfortune of this year's CE3 being the last of them all, it would just be an eldowrito in the sense that whatever comes, it's "unofficial" :v

The idea would be to keep the spirit, and perhaps even the name/style which is to say, put new people in charge and rebrand it a bit. CE3 wasn't "official" when it started, but it took off pretty well.

XxPopeAK49xX

It's better being a jerk.

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 01:46 PM    Msg. 17 of 359       

Can they into professionalism though?

lol.

I'd wager that they would be able to at least match the humor

There is nothing funny about halo. It's srs business.

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 02:15 PM    Msg. 18 of 359       

The idea would be to keep the spirit, and perhaps even the name/style which is to say, put new people in charge and rebrand it a bit. CE3 wasn't "official" when it started, but it took off pretty well.

The unofficial unofficial official CE3 2017 it is!

Skidrow925

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 02:18 PM    Msg. 19 of 359       

The unofficial unofficial official CE3 2017 it is!

I tell you hwat, I'll bite on it. I'm game. Live events are fun anyway.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 05:34 PM    Msg. 20 of 359       

There wasn't a CE3 before us though.

I would not like to see any CE3 ripoffs when we end because I know it won't turn out good. EVERYONE (even some of our own crew) underestimates just how much work this is for some of us (Me and Koz especially). This isn't just a machinima you get with your buddies to film online. Everything is film in singleplayer. Why? So we don't have to worry about people being online. So we don't have to worry about incorrect head bobs. So we can film, edit that bit, film, edit that bit, ect. non-stop for 3 weeks straight.

Especially if someone were to use the CE3 name for their ripoff would be beyond insulting (Especially since we still plan to make HMUs under our CE3 youtube channel).

And when I say it won't turn out good for any ripoffs, look at CE3 2010. Sure people submitted projects to us, but do you wonder why there isn't a livestream on youtube? It's because it was awful. We didn't make CE3 as great as it is today on day 1. It took us around 3 years before CE3 was universally accepted into the CE3 community because the show quality was not great for the first couple years. We were able to gather the perfect crew throughout the years with Me as filmer/director/editor, Kozakuu as the visual designs/codirector, Renegade as the stage modeler/writer, Bullet as the community grabber/host, R93 as the animator and streamer, and Bryan Cox as the announcer. Go look at 2011 when it was just me and Bullet. Show looks like turd.

People can make their dream team of Machinima artists like the SBB crew to take on CE3, but I believe even then they will have a hard time.

Storm has featured in the commentary of few ce3 vids, he did a pretty good job imao

It's not just about hosting. Hosting is literally the smallest and most meaningless part of CE3 despite it being the part everyone sees. We do months of pre-production work to make sure our show comes together and that you only see the hosting bits. No one sees the endless nights of me and Kozakuu up missing sleep as we try to hit a deadline for something or the days where me and Ren literally look at the show projects and try to find the best way to organize them into a script in the mere matter of hours as we rush to finish the countless other things we're working on for the show.

No offense to the SBB team and they are talented Machinima artists, but they do their Machinima in a completely different way then we do ours. All of SBBs Machinima (that I've seen) are filmed live in multiplayer. By doing this, you can't get sweeping camera shots or any smooth camera shots in general. You have to rely on people to be there when you need them and to head bob at the correct moments for the correct things. If you need a single shot in the middle of the night before the show is suppose to air, you suddenly are screwed when you realize no one is online to help you film. You suddenly lose the entire organization that we have developed and perfected over 7 years of CE3.

What I find wrong with a lot of people wanting to make a CE3 ripoff is the fact that they themselves have never even released a project, much less hit a deadline. I'm not referring to everyone in this thread. We have had plenty of people come up and ask to help us, just for them to turn around and not do anything. And once we even saw a CE3 ripoff for some Sonic related thing that never happened. Point is, if you can't hit a deadline now, what makes you think you can for this? If we miss our deadline, we would get blasted with hate till the end of days. This isn't something you can just say "I wanna do this" and forget about until the week before. When 2015 ended, we were immediately in production mode for 2016. We may take it slow for a couple months until early 2016 but then its back fully at it. And even look back at 2012. I quit CE3 for a bit. E3pO and R93 replaced me. Since the show was literally 2 people at the time, replacing me was a big deal. Guess what happened. E3pO vanished, the projects submitted to him were lost, all of his work he contributed was lost and they never even made a Christmas reveal trailer for 2012 like they were going to. Even with 2/3 people from CE3 today, they still couldn't pull it off. The crew we have perfected here is important and we are all unreplaceable without each other.

Not to even mention after/during the 2010/2011 productions, people were trying to make CE3 ripoffs. They were saying our show sucks (and they did at the time) so submit projects to "me" and "I'll" make a CE3 thats better than whatever Dratt and Bullet have. Guess what, they never happened.

Will we do something like CE3 again in the future? I dunno but we're saying this is the end of it today. It's possible we'll do bite sized versions of it that just go on Youtube (not guaranteeing anything but its an idea we'd have to throw out there and test).

Another question I get asked is why? Why are we leaving after 2016?
It's because CE3 is beyond a lot of work. Much more than I think anyone believes it to be. Producing a 2 hour show isn't just something you can do overnight. It's not just something we go into a multiplayer server and head bob for a bit. Its something where the pre-production is done nearly year-round with a super crunch week for 2-3 weeks before the air date where my entire life is "work on ce3", "eat", "work on ce3", "eat," repeat. Its beyond stressful and honestly sucks.

It's because everything goes through cycles. You get good, you stay good for a bit, then you lose quality. You can sometimes try to make comebacks but if you just keep going forever, you run out of steam and crash. We don't want to end like that. We would rather end on a high note.

It's because everything has to end at some point. CE will be fine without a CE3-style show like it was before us. I've spent nearly my entire teenage life (14-20 years old) working on this damn show. I love it and I honestly feel beyond sad to end it. If feasible I would do this thing forever, but it's straight up not. It's not just I can't keep putting in this much time to work on it, but it's because things fizzle out and die. Even if I keep putting as much time as I do into this show every year, it's eventually not going to be good anymore. I don't want that to happen and I'd rather say goodbye to it now then to leave it to rot out.

I honestly do not want to see some CE3 rip-off because I know people underestimate the work, it won't be the same as this, and at worse, it'll be beyond disappointing to the viewers who have come to expect our level of quality for the show.
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 19, 2016 at 05:42 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 05:54 PM    Msg. 21 of 359       
Hate to say it but Matthew makes some darn good points.

Oh well, guess I'll just watch a re-run when it comes to that time of year.

"No ce3 ripoffs"

Are you listening reus!/jlx2?

Skidrow925

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 05:59 PM    Msg. 22 of 359       

Oh well, guess I'll just watch a re-run when it comes to that time of year.

"No ce3 ripoffs"

Are you listening reus!/jlx2?

Oh hey, I wasn't named. My talking about directly copying was mostly in jest, though I think something in this style would be interesting to continue, even if on a smaller scale. I fully understand what the CE3 team is talking about, live production sucks. Whether live action or animated is worse, well, that's hard to say. I think I may take a shot at something though even if it's just for kicks. Obviously I plan to do something original, as it's much easier to stitch my own proverbial pants than to fill the ones in place.

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 06:05 PM    Msg. 23 of 359       
Hate to say it but Matthew and skidraw make some darn good points.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 06:34 PM    Msg. 24 of 359       
Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja

Hate is a pretty strong word.

"Affirmation of my antagonism aside I acknowledge and admit the accurate appropriateness of the averments and attests which are attended by our alluring associate Matthew."

Would be a suitable and less extreme substitute which still manages to amplify your distaste whilst also portraying a sense of approachability.

Here's an easy fix

"Dislike to say it but Matthew makes some darn good points."

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 06:41 PM    Msg. 25 of 359       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
I've spent nearly my entire teenage life (14-20 years old) working on this damn show.
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 19, 2016 at 05:42 PM

Easy to forget. That's deep.

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 06:44 PM    Msg. 26 of 359       

2/10.

its not clipping its magical girl powers. please click like.

Skidrow925

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 06:58 PM    Msg. 27 of 359       
Hate to say it but Matthew and skidraw make some darn good points.

Actually I was talking about the bottom part but this is even better.

As for corrections, I'd recommend "while I would prefer not to acknowledge this fact, Dratthew and Skiddy make some darn good points"

I'd tell you to darn your own socks, but I don't see that working.

And yeah, 6 years of just this has to have been exhausting overall.
Edited by Skidrow925 on Mar 19, 2016 at 06:59 PM

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 07:58 PM    Msg. 28 of 359       
Im gonna rock this CE3

Pepzee

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:10 PM    Msg. 29 of 359       
I honestly do not want to see some CE3 rip-off because I know people underestimate the work, it won't be the same as this, and at worse, it'll be beyond disappointing to the viewers who have come to expect our level of quality for the show.

I'm not sure what your stance is. I can agree that once CE3 ends that nobody else should use the CE3 brand name. However, discouraging others from attempting to make a similar show with a different name is downright wrong.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:14 PM    Msg. 30 of 359       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee

I'm not sure what your stance is. I can agree that once CE3 ends that nobody else should use the CE3 brand name. However, discouraging others from attempting to make a similar show with a different name is downright wrong.

Well I disagree. I don't think others should make a similar show because honestly I dont think anyone is truly up for it. But I obviously can't control people, just state my feelings.

Pepzee

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:23 PM    Msg. 31 of 359       

Well I disagree. I don't think others should make a similar show because honestly I dont think anyone is truly up for it. But I obviously can't control people, just state my feelings.

My main point is to keep an open mind to new ideas. We do not know how well or poor future CE3-like projects may turn out. Map protection for the CE3 format will simply ensure that we never get anything better in the future.

However, it is not my project and my perspective has little power in this argument.
Edited by Pepzee on Mar 19, 2016 at 10:25 PM

MatthewDratt

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:33 PM    Msg. 32 of 359       
snip
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 19, 2016 at 10:55 PM

Pepzee

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:44 PM    Msg. 33 of 359       
I remember how many years ago you used to be the HCERipper. Times change.

I wish you the best of luck with CE3 2016.
Edited by Pepzee on Mar 19, 2016 at 10:44 PM

MatthewDratt

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:46 PM    Msg. 34 of 359       

I remember how many years ago you used to be the HCERipper. Times change.

Welp. I guess I shouldn't have snipped. My points I am making have absolutely nothing to do with map protection. How can I even protect CE3 in the same sense of map protection?

I leave Takedown unprotected. Doesn't mean I want someone to make Takedown: Project Lawson 2 and if I need to, I'll make a multi-paragraph, semi-emotionally charged rant on halomaps forums about why people shouldn't do it.

Pepzee

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 10:51 PM    Msg. 35 of 359       
My points I am making have absolutely nothing to do with map protection. How can I even protect CE3 in the same sense of map protection?

I leave Takedown unprotected. Doesn't mean I want someone to make Takedown: Project Lawson 2 and if I need to, I'll make a multi-paragraph, semi-emotionally charged rant on halomaps forums about why people shouldn't do it.

If you feel like writing an essay, go for it. I will read it and provide appropriate feedback.

You already know the basis of my argument. I think we should just end it here.
Edited by Pepzee on Mar 19, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Page 1 of 11 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 11 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri September 22, 2017 9:39 AM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website