A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »flyable css battle cruiser or poa

Author Topic: flyable css battle cruiser or poa (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

haloduke2

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 08:29 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
would this be possible if so could you also have a hanger in the ship and stand in it while is moving and not fall out and also have vehicles inside it and them not fall out to it would be a cool idea for space battles

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 08:38 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
This isn't possible
Unless you use OS stuff
But it would still lag

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 02:08 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
There are a couple of maps with large spaceships you can fly. I Think one of the people that created them was AdmiralBacon or fleet Admiral. Try looking at these: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?search=+Admiral

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 08:18 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
This isn't possible
Unless you use OS stuff
But it would still lag

Altis pls stop making your texts look like Poems, I Always try to make them rhyme now xD

sparky

Dismissal of Truth leaves one to believe lies

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 10:15 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: haloduke2
1) a hanger in the ship and stand in it while is moving and not fall out

2) vehicles inside it and them not fall out

1) Try writing a script to have players enter a vehicle seat when they are within a certain distance; you could do this with SAPP. In that situation, the player would become stationary. For example, you could have a message shown to all teammates when a player enters a vehicle's pilot seat which says "prepare for takeoff" and then the players within the hangar area of the vehicle are automatically placed in invisible seats, where they appear to stand still as long as the vehicle is being piloted.

If you want players to be able to move while on the vehicle, you'll actually need to adjust an undocumented value in the player's biped tag so they can walk on the vehicle while it is moving. You'll also need to adjust the biped physics so players have more "friction" with their feet on the ground, so they don't slide around while standing inside the vehicle. Still, you should make an enclosed area inside the vehicle to prevent them from falling off or falling out.

As a quick test, you can turn on the bitmask switch for walking on walls in the biped tag, and applying an invisible wall to enclose whatever area of the vehicle in while you want players to be contained. You can make a custom vehicle real quick to test that; just use one of the "blacklight" shaders to have transparent walls for the contained area, and have the vehicle power-on animation close the container and the power-off animation open the container again.

2) You could use SAPP and/or regular scripting to have nearby vehicles automatically enter a cargo seat, thus remaining stationary and attached to the holding vehicle. Attach / detatch with the script.

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Mar 28, 2016 10:48 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
I thought one of the issue with such process was that you eventually were kicked through the walls / killed by the moving vehicle, that friction had nothing to do with it. Some have suggested attaching a Device Elevator to the vehicle so it would fix some of those issues, I've seen videos of Warthogs rigged this way for example (Was it Kirby?) but that still didn't allow for verticality as long as I remember

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 02:52 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
This isn't possible
Unless you use OS stuff
But it would still lag

Altis pls stop making your texts look like Poems, I Always try to make them rhyme now xD

Altis just be

mad into them haikus yo

just deal with it!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed April 24, 2019 1:04 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website