A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Is Spikes122 Still around?

Author Topic: Is Spikes122 Still around? (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Mushi
Joined: Jul 21, 2007

Halo's Ring is just, Awesome.


Posted: Apr 8, 2016 03:34 AM    Msg. 1 of 16       
Anyone remember that guy? He made Halo Cloner for Full, CE, and Trial.

Asking cause I still have his old program and wouldn't mind reuploading it here it's just 2 things tho.

1. Some times it will crash your game reasons I can guess is cause after using it, it's not actually cloning it's more like opening up Player 2 to join the game (you have different weapons I.E the silent cartographer player 2 starts off with a rifle and plasma pistol after dying like on xbox after his death if I recall)

2. Well....it's sort of a virus but not ( I can't put it in words OK?) Iv had it auto deleted from my system a couple of times after putting it on my desktop (dam you windows defender!)

Overall it's still a pretty good tool. I'v used it loads of times during cutscenes due to Master chief not being able to move around freely even if you turn off the cinematic hud you're still stuck. Using the clone I would spawn my self then warp to where the cutscene is and have some fun with it. Other things too like shooting a gun then cloning my self and the gun is still firing, or driving a vehicle.

The annoying part of the tool.

While cloning shooting a weapon I.E assault rifle your screen would still shake while the gun is being fired.

If your clone dies you will spawn again and 2 things will either happen, you crash or the level resets.

If the clone gets damaged so do you (just damage effects on your screen)

IF you spawn too many clones then......well you should know what comes next.

Cannot recall anything else for now.

I think I have both versions of the Full Halo cloner, v2 was for online play to clone pretty much everyone in the server.....not..really much of a point doing that when it CRASHED EVERYONE (good times)

*Edit

Forgot to note.

Using bump possession if you're having problems should fix it, just not in cutscenes.
Edited by Mushi on Apr 8, 2016 at 03:38 AM


MrCool
Joined: Aug 17, 2012

Keep it clean


Posted: Apr 8, 2016 05:21 PM    Msg. 2 of 16       
I have no idea who this guy is, but cloner sounds cool. And it would definitely be cool to unlock the co-op function. (idk that it would work, but still)


PRPatxi
Joined: Oct 30, 2010

Dennis, free me from this suffering


Posted: Apr 8, 2016 05:27 PM    Msg. 3 of 16       
That program was pretty buggy, and it crashed Halo a lot of times. And I had to disable avast and ad-aware to use it. Overall a pain!


A Juicy Frank
Joined: Oct 28, 2013


Posted: Apr 8, 2016 05:46 PM    Msg. 4 of 16       
So use at our own discretion? Whether the virus warnings are false positives or not, it may be considered on par with tool_pro and may be prevented from uploading or linking here. That being said, I'm all for old tools being available to the public considering the fixed kornman app that was found yesterday. People could request for it with PMs, or maybe sparky would host it. If that program was made that long ago, who knows, maybe someone with the ability needed can write something better using that program and what is known now about the engine as a base.


tanju77
Joined: Mar 12, 2016

Doing moderator's job


Posted: Apr 9, 2016 11:19 AM    Msg. 5 of 16       
Is gamma927 still around?


PRPatxi
Joined: Oct 30, 2010

Dennis, free me from this suffering


Posted: Apr 9, 2016 11:28 AM    Msg. 6 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: A Juicy Frank
So use at our own discretion? Whether the virus warnings are false positives or not, it may be considered on par with tool_pro and may be prevented from uploading or linking here. That being said, I'm all for old tools being available to the public considering the fixed kornman app that was found yesterday. People could request for it with PMs, or maybe sparky would host it. If that program was made that long ago, who knows, maybe someone with the ability needed can write something better using that program and what is known now about the engine as a base.


I never said it was a virus, I'm just saying that in 2007 Avast marked it as a thread and it was very annoying having to disable avast in order to use Halo Cloner.

It's not a virus btw!


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013


Posted: Apr 9, 2016 03:45 PM    Msg. 7 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
Is gamma927 still around?


Gamma retired and has a career now afaik. I do however own all of his animations, still have to do something with them.


@OP don't be suprised if a certain british guy uses that name now to try and spam about a certain russian product.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Apr 9, 2016 at 03:46 PM


A Juicy Frank
Joined: Oct 28, 2013


Posted: Apr 9, 2016 05:13 PM    Msg. 8 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi
I never said it was a virus, I'm just saying that in 2007 Avast marked it as a thread and it was very annoying having to disable avast in order to use Halo Cloner.

It's not a virus btw!

Sorry, didn't mean for it to sound as though it did. What I meant was that while I don't think the program would be malicious in any way, because it sets warnings off, periodically crashes the game, or more importantly:
Quote: --- Original message by: Mushi
I think I have both versions of the Full Halo cloner, v2 was for online play to clone pretty much everyone in the server.....not..really much of a point doing that when it CRASHED EVERYONE (good times)

Dennis may not want to have this app linked to here since it can possibly affect the games of more people than just the people using it, like tool_pro. I shouldn't speak for him though, as this is the first time I've heard of the app or the author (with a quick google only really mentioning it in a list here and on modacity), and honestly what do I know. It still sounds like a potentially useful tool, despite the supposed risks to the user and people within his sight.
Edited by A Juicy Frank on Apr 9, 2016 at 05:18 PM


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Apr 10, 2016 02:58 AM    Msg. 9 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by:MEGASEAN2812


@OP don't be suprised if a certain british guy uses that name now to try and spam about a certain russian product.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Apr 9, 2016 at 03:46 PM


Sshers is not british. He's rubbish.


Corvette19
Joined: Feb 27, 2007


Posted: May 1, 2016 09:59 AM    Msg. 10 of 16       
I used to talk to that guy all the time! I loved those cloning tools. They were a lot of fun.


Gamma927
Joined: Jun 12, 2008

Steam: gamma927


Posted: May 1, 2016 05:09 PM    Msg. 11 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
Is gamma927 still around?


Hi.

Add me on steam: gamma927

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
Is gamma927 still around?


Gamma retired and has a career now afaik. I do however own all of his animations, still have to do something with them.


Yup yup. I graduate in about a month and have a free month before I start working. Funnily enough, I was browsing my YouTube to show my friend something and got a bit nostalgic. Might be fun to dip back into all this again. Hit me up people, would love to know how y'all been doing!

Edit: This forum formatting thing confounds me.
Edited by Gamma927 on May 1, 2016 at 05:12 PM


altis94
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger


Posted: May 1, 2016 06:02 PM    Msg. 12 of 16       
Hi.


sparky
Joined: Jun 27, 2009

Fools deceive, but knowledge of Jesus is life.


Posted: May 2, 2016 12:08 AM    Msg. 13 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812


@OP don't be suprised if a certain british guy uses that name now to try and spam about a certain russian product.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Apr 9, 2016 at 03:46 PM


Sshers is not british. He's rubbish.


I wake up every day and I thank god that I'm not Super Flanker.


While the rest of us thank God that we actually woke up. Hahah!

People come and stay and go as they need to.

I've had some fun with the Halo MD discord chat channel, come join! https://discord.gg/0qRBkbMNAyC928qf
Edited by sparky on May 2, 2016 at 12:14 AM


PRPatxi
Joined: Oct 30, 2010

Dennis, free me from this suffering


Posted: May 2, 2016 03:47 PM    Msg. 14 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
Is gamma927 still around?


Hi.

Add me on steam: gamma927

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
Is gamma927 still around?


Gamma retired and has a career now afaik. I do however own all of his animations, still have to do something with them.


Yup yup. I graduate in about a month and have a free month before I start working. Funnily enough, I was browsing my YouTube to show my friend something and got a bit nostalgic. Might be fun to dip back into all this again. Hit me up people, would love to know how y'all been doing!

Edit: This forum formatting thing confounds me.
Edited by Gamma927 on May 1, 2016 at 05:12 PM


Sup Gamma, it's been a while! Damn the old days playing Rainbow Six! Your hard drive dying, sad that we lost touch. I also lost touch with Sean the lawn and Mooseeguy. Should make a group of old halomaps geezers.


tanju77
Joined: Mar 12, 2016

Doing moderator's job


Posted: May 8, 2016 01:41 AM    Msg. 15 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
Is gamma927 still around?


Hi.

Add me on steam: gamma927

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
Is gamma927 still around?


Gamma retired and has a career now afaik. I do however own all of his animations, still have to do something with them.


Yup yup. I graduate in about a month and have a free month before I start working. Funnily enough, I was browsing my YouTube to show my friend something and got a bit nostalgic. Might be fun to dip back into all this again. Hit me up people, would love to know how y'all been doing!

Edit: This forum formatting thing confounds me.
Edited by Gamma927 on May 1, 2016 at 05:12 PM
hey, welcome back.

Sadly I don't use steam, internet here is rubbish it's will take forever to update steam :vvvvvvvvv


Mushi
Joined: Jul 21, 2007

Halo's Ring is just, Awesome.


Posted: Nov 6, 2018 11:26 AM    Msg. 16 of 16       
OMG you UPed a 3 year old topic! WHYYYY

w/e it's my topic.

Also I forgot to link the tools all this time (stupid me) But ima leave it up to Dennis if this is ok from rereading all the old post.

Soooo Dennis. Sup?

Side note: I was actually searching for the working dev tools for "PC" when I remembered posting this.

 

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Wed November 21, 2018 9:58 AM 453 ms.
A Halo Maps Website