A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Bullet holes on the sky ?

Author Topic: Bullet holes on the sky ? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

JohnCraftz

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 11:22 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Hello i have a small problem. I am using the cmt Non-OS tagpack and everytime i shoot with the plasma rifle the sky, the bullet holes stay floating on the sky like they are in normal walls. How is possible to fix this or what material type uses the sky ?
(sorry 'bout my bad english)

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 04:01 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Sounds like the shader which your sky is using also has a material response setup using said shader.

What sky.tag are you using? Could we also have a few images so we can see a little better what exactly is going on?

A Juicy Frank

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 04:09 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
His issue looks like this-

E: Fix is to make sure there is no decal in the detonation started effect, rather. That, or change the sky's shader material so that the projectile uses an effect applicable to it pretty much like flanker was gettin at, idk
Edited by A Juicy Frank on Apr 14, 2016 at 04:20 PM
Edited by A Juicy Frank on Apr 14, 2016 at 06:20 PM

SBB_Michelle

This site brings me pain.

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 06:29 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Or just move your sky really far up

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Apr 16, 2016 01:27 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
This really shouldn't be happening. Sky doesn't use collision, but BSP levels do.

Make sure your sky shader is +sky, and raise your sky because it's too low (I generally go for the maximum grenade throw height.)

And make sure your plasma grenade projectile has the detonation effects properly set up.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 1:12 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website