A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Release] Planet_flood_a

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: [Release] Planet_flood_a (111 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 12:12 PM    Msg. 1 of 111       
i. Information

Author: Halonimator

Planet_flood_a is a SP Halo: Combat Evolved map. The map comes with an all-new layout, a vast array of custom content, a super OP shotgun weapon and variety in tactics, and plenty of hidden secrets to discover.
Planet_flood_a dont use Open Sauce, a community-made game extension that enables many new features, from upgraded visuals to new gameplay mechanics. Open Sauce isnt required to play Planet_flood_a -- the map can exist without it. At the time of writing, OpenSauce's public releases are available here: https://bitbucket.org/KornnerStudios/opensauce-release/downloads . The map do not requires Open Sauce version 4.0 (or newer).

Open Sauce 4.0 requires a properly-installed copy of Halo Custom Edition, updated to 1.10. See the installation guide if you don't know how to get these.

This map comes with a single image providing information on difficulty and a sexy masterchief. Halonimator treats difficulty and many vanilla weapons differently from the later Halo games and same as before - which may be disorienting to newer halo players - so be sure to learn how to play HCE!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4m2rshtmdu8hr6p/planet_flood_a.zip

Version 1.0 final

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 12:53 PM    Msg. 2 of 111       
Why should anyone on this forum give you the respect to download this, when you have already spammed it in other people's own threads trying to showcase their work?

Halonimator

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 01:03 PM    Msg. 3 of 111       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Why should anyone on this forum give you the respect to download this, when you have already spammed it in other people's own threads trying to showcase their work?

I envy the works of others. specially CMT,because they are better.

tanju77

Doing moderator's job

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 01:25 PM    Msg. 4 of 111       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
i. Information

Author: Halonimator

Planet_flood_a is a SP Halo: Combat Evolved map.
Is this sp map for Halo Combat Evolved..not custom edition?

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 02:06 PM    Msg. 5 of 111       
More screenshots and perhaps a trailer would be nice.

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 02:50 PM    Msg. 6 of 111       
Okay so I'm playing the map right now. This is what could be improved IMO:
-The map is too large, it feels like a walking simulator. Areas could be smaller;
-You used 32 bit textures for BSP which caused blue lightmaps and material effects;
-Large bipeds should have no acceleration scale;
-Pelican animations look rather funny, you should use recorded animations instead;
-Large bipeds should have much longer melee range, it's too easy to avoid them. They could also have a bit more health and more accurate collision models wouldn't hurt;
-Flying bipeds need airborne animations so they wouldn't stay still when they die;
-Flying biped projectiles should be slower or there should be more cover to hide from them;
-Flying bipeds should have animation permutations - right now they all move exactly the same;
-Large bipeds should NOT be able to shoot;
-You could have made a more clever way of not letting player use the tank, for example, make a very narrow cave or add rocks that block the way;

I didn't finish the map yet because it get's quite boring with all the walking. I kinda liked the map, the BSP wasn't bad but it was too spacious and empty. The new bipeds are pretty cool but they definitely need more work. It's nice to see custom content still being made :D

Docer

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 02:50 PM    Msg. 7 of 111       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
More screenshots and perhaps a trailer would be nice.

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 03:15 PM    Msg. 8 of 111       

I downloaded it anyway. And played it to the "end" (took 2 hours). It's garbage.

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 03:31 PM    Msg. 9 of 111       
Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
garbage.

Please provide some kind of specific details in constructive criticism, if criticizing is what you are trying to do. I mean, your comment is actually "garbage", because you made no effort in it. I get the impression that by stark contrast, the map author here did put in some effort, so whether you like it or not, it's actually better than garbage. Does that make sense? Effort yields results, whether polished or rough. So if you find this too rough, tell us how it could be polished so we can all learn from it.

If there's so much walking, maybe he can add more things to look at along the way. More details or nooks to discover and explore, or cool things to look at. But perhaps it is supposed to be like walking in a desert, where everything looks the same. Desolation looks that way.
Edited by sparky on Apr 24, 2016 at 03:34 PM

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 04:16 PM    Msg. 10 of 111       
Completely agree with Sparky. If all you can say is "it's garbage" then you just wasted your time and everyone else's.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 04:23 PM    Msg. 11 of 111       
is worthless to play it, is like an "AI on bloodgulch" map. you feel so empty after u finish it.
Edited by Kinnet on Apr 24, 2016 at 04:24 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 05:05 PM    Msg. 12 of 111       
Haven't played the walking sim.

But I commend the work put into this.

Unless it was mostly ripz.

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 05:18 PM    Msg. 13 of 111       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

Halo 1 tags, custom bipeds and a custom bsp.

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 05:20 PM    Msg. 14 of 111       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

Good to know.

Halonimator

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 06:02 PM    Msg. 15 of 111       
Okay so I'm playing the map right now. This is what could be improved IMO:
-The map is too large, it feels like a walking simulator. Areas could be smaller;
-You used 32 bit textures for BSP which caused blue lightmaps and material effects;

I didnt know that. I thought that i broke some vanilla tags.

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

is worthless to play it, is like an "AI on bloodgulch" map. you feel so empty after u finish it.
Edited by Kinnet on Apr 24, 2016 at 04:24 PM

I dont like to disturb others, but you still doing bloodgulch mods.

I downloaded it anyway. And played it to the "end" (took 2 hours). It's garbage.

At least i did not transform Halo in a COD copy and i didnt destroy the concepts from bungie's gast games.

Good to know.

I rip some XBOX bitmaps.

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

garbage.

Please provide some kind of specific details in constructive criticism, if criticizing is what you are trying to do. I mean, your comment is actually "garbage", because you made no effort in it. I get the impression that by stark contrast, the map author here did put in some effort, so whether you like it or not, it's actually better than garbage. Does that make sense? Effort yields results, whether polished or rough. So if you find this too rough, tell us how it could be polished so we can all learn from it.

If there's so much walking, maybe he can add more things to look at along the way. More details or nooks to discover and explore, or cool things to look at. But perhaps it is supposed to be like walking in a desert, where everything looks the same. Desolation looks that way.
Edited by sparky on Apr 24, 2016 at 03:34 PM

I already learned, To much walk isnt fun. The second map will be better.

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 06:18 PM    Msg. 16 of 111       

At least i did not transform Halo in a COD copy and i didnt destroy the concepts from bungie's gast games.

Love for devvers is hard to come by these days. But remember as bad as they are they have still shipped a moderately decent game with a fair fan base that is for sure something none of us here may ever do.
Edited by Super Flanker on Apr 24, 2016 at 06:19 PM

Halonimator

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 06:57 PM    Msg. 17 of 111       

Love for devvers is hard to come by these days. But remember as bad as they are they have still shipped a moderately decent game with a fair fan base that is for sure something none of us here may ever do.

If i were the main boss of 343i. I would ask a question to make raise the hands every people who likes COD to later fire them. After that contract Masterz and CMT, some Bungie EX-emplyers and the small 343i who really like bungies halo's. Then I would make halo 5 have a great story hiring the Halo 4 writter. And yes i do not care of the life and family of the workers i would fire, i care more to make the new halo an aceptable succesor (or better) what is now. And i do not lie Halo 5 was so bad that it makes Halo 4 look like Halo 3. Even worse Halo 5 was so bad that it makes my pile of chip map look like an actual Halo 3 DLC.

Edited by Halonimator on Apr 24, 2016 at 07:06 PM

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 07:11 PM    Msg. 18 of 111       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

I dont like to disturb others, but you still doing bloodgulch mods.

I would explain that properly , but since you barely can understand anything we say to you, i will not even bother.
Edited by Kinnet on Apr 24, 2016 at 08:02 PM

sparky

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 07:20 PM    Msg. 19 of 111       
My only complaint so far is that the flying enemies are too difficult to hit -- they need better collision models.

...tfw the tank you were driving suddenly kicks you out and is disabled in front of a horde of flood.
Edited by sparky on Apr 24, 2016 at 08:16 PM

Halonimator

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 07:28 PM    Msg. 20 of 111       
My only complaint so far is that the flying enemies are too difficult to hit -- they need better collision models.

I forget to redone collision for the wings.

sparky

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 08:18 PM    Msg. 21 of 111       
...invisible flood in the dark? You're really working the scare factor! Can you have the cool shotgun use the same ammo as regular shotguns?

Sometimes, the smaller four-legged crawlers get stuck on walls and don't do anything even when you approach them and shoot at them.
Edited by sparky on Apr 24, 2016 at 08:22 PM

Halonimator

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 08:23 PM    Msg. 22 of 111       
...invisible flood in the dark? You're really working the scare factor! Can you have the cool shotgun use the same ammo as regular shotguns?

Did you find the shotgun?... then find the broken Mario64 bipeds and the gravemind fight.

Quote: Love for devvers is hard to come by these days. But remember as bad as they are they have still shipped a moderately decent game with a fair fan base that is for sure something none of us here may ever do.

Halo is falling as low as the resident evil series...the great saga became a carbon COD copy. I dont know whats special in those COD type games to make other developers ruin their games.

Quote: Sometimes, the smaller four-legged crawlers get stuck on walls and don't do anything even when you approach them and shoot at them.
Edited by sparky on Apr 24, 2016 at 08:22 PM

I'm working on that for the secuel. That's a blam! engine proble... because i played halo 3 and happends to often. The diference is that in the halo 3 when that happend the ai jumps to get stuck out.
Edited by Halonimator on Apr 24, 2016 at 08:30 PM

sparky

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 09:02 PM    Msg. 23 of 111       
I finished it; it was fun, but you can get out of pelicans during cutscenes, which is what I did at the end to explore a little more and press the console key to get off of the black screen coverup.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 09:11 PM    Msg. 24 of 111       
I will download it to see what you did, i apreciate any map that has effort on it

sparky

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 09:32 PM    Msg. 25 of 111       
It is huge and you get to trek a lot. I like this particularly because of the uncertainty of when an encounter will occur and whether it will leave you surrounded in a tight spot.

Did you take the bsp from something else, or make it yourself?

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 09:55 PM    Msg. 26 of 111       

This is an explanation, not a reason.

Still, I'm not one to criticize something until I try it, so I will.

Halonimator

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 12:59 AM    Msg. 27 of 111       
It is huge and you get to trek a lot. I like this particularly because of the uncertainty of when an encounter will occur and whether it will leave you surrounded in a tight spot.

Did you take the bsp from something else, or make it yourself?

3 custom made BSP's, i take inspiration from tsavo highway, specially this part:

https://youtu.be/XeWWQ_g-Aw8?t=1139

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

Then my real goal was reached.

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 01:14 AM    Msg. 28 of 111       
Too big.
Map too big.
Too many enemies.
Flying guys are way to hard to shoot, needs better collision.
Tank needs some sort of better way to shoot air units.
Map too big.
Would prefer warthog, was expecting one after clearing the first part.
shotgun and pistol was the only weapons I stuck with.
Map too big.
needs better situation for other weapons.
Map too big.

Beat the map with game_speed 2
I like the idea a lot!
Reminds me of the flood part of halowars.
Perhaps have halowars music.
Flamethrower marines would be neat.
needs better animations over all but its a good that they are functional
happy to see the halo 3 form in a CE style

Overall keep working on it and the Map too big.
But until then this was a bit hard to stomach

Keep working on it!
Edited by Spiral on Apr 25, 2016 at 01:14 AM

Halonimator

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 01:47 AM    Msg. 29 of 111       
It is easy compared to halo 2 flood maps.

My next map will be based on the covenant,halo,requiem,delta halo and regret using CMT tags.
With better level design, encounters and small-large sections.
Edited by Halonimator on Apr 25, 2016 at 01:54 AM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 02:55 AM    Msg. 30 of 111       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

Then my real goal was reached.

... was your real goal to be the king dunce of advertising?
I played it through to create my own perception, and not by your obnoxiously rude attempts to threadjack.

I did play through it.
There's nothing here that needs to be said that hasn't already been stated in this thread.
Honestly, it isn't worth going into other threads to derail in attempts to create hype, so I dunno what that was all about.

I think I'll download future creations but only if you retain it in one thread.

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 02:57 AM    Msg. 31 of 111       
<3 sparky

Altis pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I was going to write a constructive review, but after the first hour, this map lost any charm it could have had. I lost the energy I had saved for writing this review on just trying to complete the map. It's a waste of time.

- The dropship animations in the beginning are pretty buggy. That bit's tolerable. The worst part is the awkward first-person view you have to endure that forces you to look up when you could be watching the battle unfolding.

- Gameplay-wise the initial assault's alright, most allies don't survive, but that's probably intentional. Once the battle's over your surviving allies don't follow you. Why? What's the point of this mission again? At no point were there Nav points or mission objectives to give me an inkling of what I was supposed to be doing.

- Stalker forms are pretty cool. Not perfect, but they're well animated, and well balanced. I like how they can walk on walls, an underutilized feature. If you get close while they're sideways however, the "hold x to flip vehicle" message appears. Textures are a bit bland. It's also worth noting that at this point you've revealed most of your enemy types. Thus, you've fallen into a mistake most amateur map-makers make: poor pacing.

- Next two encounter's are alright, but none of the enemies drop ammo so you have to conserve until the third encounter. That's not so bad.

- Third encounter on the "bridge" is pretty cool, but I got surprised by the rocket flood. That wasn't so bad, kind of funny actually, but then it placed me back at the start of the level. That's rookie mistake #2, not enough checkpoints. This is HUGE.

- So I had to do the beginning part all over again which was doubly frustrating because the simple "hoard-gameplay" is just too simple to be fun the second time. Not to mention, the huge distances not meant to be traveled by foot start to show. So I got impatient and after a couple goes I turned on deathless so I could get through the level. I don't like to do that and maybe it was hasty, but I think the next part validated my choice.

- You cross the bridge and come to a fork. To the left lies a butte surrounded by infection forms, "flyers" (NOW all the units have been revealed and there are no more surprises), and transport(?) forms. To the Right are a few flyers and a tank. Naturally I ran for the tank if for no other reason than this level has desperately needed a vehicle from the start. Maybe in my deathless-ness I missed something because this was not survivable otherwise.

- The massive swarm of flyers flocked my way and they're unavoidable. From their vantage point there's no way to avoid their fire. There's no overhead cover in this desert and there shots are too fast to dodge. Inversely, their tiny flying bodies are very difficult to hit, even with the tank's LAAG turret. Maybe I was supposed to backpedal to the massive pile of pistols on the "bridge" and get them at range. However, 1) backpedaling is bad 2) it's especially bad given these distances 3) again, this problem could be ameliorated with proper checkpoints.

- Like Altis said, the "transport" forms are good enough as melee enemies and really shouldn't shoot at all. A single one can kill you in a couple seconds, not to mention the packs of them you fight later.

- After that was a long tank run which was kind of fun, but the enemies felt repetitive and the "deathless" took away some of the rush. I had lighting issues in the caves but maybe that's just me. It's particularly a problem when rocket flood you can't even see get the jump on you.

- Ran in to some flyers in a clearing, not even worth fighting.

- Ran into a pack of "transports," tank vs. transports was a fun fight... until their ability to shoot ruined it.

- Getting forced out of the tank was necessary, but as Altis pointed out, could have been done better.

- Fighting in the tunnel was kind of cool but a slog. An encounter with just stalkers jumping from the walls/climbing all over the place would have been cool. At the end of that tunnel you have to fight a single transport form on foot. It would have made for a cool "boss fight" but that's sullied by the stress of having to fight like 15 other units simultaneously.

- After that it was just more productive to run instead of kill enemies, so if there were any "kill all enemies to progress" triggers (usually a bad idea) I missed them.

- Being on foot for the entire rest of the level made it painfully obvious how big this map was. I actually rather liked the BSP and thought it could make for a great vehicle level, against other vehicles, piloted by covenant, not flood, not on foot.

- Hugging the cliff to my left I was able to scale it a little to try and avoid any flood chasing me. Unless this was planned for, it probably made me skip some triggers such that nothing else spawned for the rest of the level.

- Got to the penultimate section with the structure from death island and a tunnel. Both were empty as was the gorge between them. Again, this could have been "my fault."

- Finally, I quietly walked the entire length of the tunnel for a couple minutes where I came to a dead end with no indication that the level was over or assurance that I had even done it right. whoo hoo.

To recap,

Pros:
- stalkers
- original bsp
- transport forms when they can't shoot you
- somewhat thought-out encounters
- triggers seem to work most of the time
- tank's usually fun no matter what?

Cons:
- Checkponts!
- Balance
- Distances/lack of vehicles on what would be a good vehicle map
- Pacing
- Poor lighting (some parts), bland textures
- Weapon diversity
- Enemy diversity
- Objectives/sense of orientation
- Placement of weapons & healthpacks
- Poorly defined map limits

Add:
- More checkpoints
- Outlined Objectives
- More allies/ allies that follow you
- More vehicles. These would look great in a flood map: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6010

All-in-all it just wasn't fun, it was a chore to complete. 3/10 (I've seen worse)

... There's the detailed play-by-play of my experience. I started writing this post 12 hours ago but simply didn't have the time to finish it then. Happy now?

It's still garbage.

sparky

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 03:07 AM    Msg. 32 of 111       
snipers

Halonimator

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 03:36 AM    Msg. 33 of 111       
<3 sparky

Altis pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Cons:
- Checkponts!
- Balance
- Distances/lack of vehicles on what would be a good vehicle map
- Pacing
- Poor lighting (some parts), bland textures
- Weapon diversity
- Enemy diversity
- Objectives/sense of orientation
- Placement of weapons & healthpacks
- Poorly defined map limits

Add:
- More checkpoints
- Outlined Objectives
- More allies/ allies that follow you
- More vehicles. These would look great in a flood map: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6010

All-in-all it just wasn't fun, it was a chore to complete. 3/10 (I've seen worse)

... There's the detailed play-by-play of my experience. I started writing this post 12 hours ago but simply didn't have the time to finish it then. Happy now?

It's still garbage.

Cons:
- Checkponts! I would try to use the CMT UI save script
- Balance I tried to balance the new npc but failed
- Distances/lack of vehicles on what would be a good vehicle map next time
- Pacing the map have been better if i wolndt cut the other 2 flood types
- Poor lighting (some parts), bland textures I dont know?? the cave?
- Weapon diversity Similar to the library or worse? i will try to fix that
- Enemy diversity Time restrains
- Objectives/sense of orientation I will try with terminals
- Placement of weapons & healthpacks i forget it

Add:
- More checkpoints Yes i will and add the cmt ui save script
- Outlined Objectives in the ui and screen
- More allies/ allies that follow you But, they always die
- More vehicles. I'm doing a banshee section

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 09:37 AM    Msg. 34 of 111       
24, 2016 at 06:19 PM

If i were the main boss of 343i. I would ask a question to make raise the hands every people who likes COD to later fire them. After that contract Masterz and CMT, some Bungie EX-emplyers and the small 343i who really like bungies halo's. Then I would make halo 5 have a great story hiring the Halo 4 writter. And yes i do not care of the life and family of the workers i would fire, i care more to make the new halo an aceptable succesor (or better) what is now. And i do not lie Halo 5 was so bad that it makes Halo 4 look like Halo 3. Even worse Halo 5 was so bad that it makes my pile of chip map look like an actual Halo 3 DLC.

Edited by Halonimator on Apr 24, 2016 at 07:06 PM

I'm sorry but just what kind of a selfish arse hole would fire hard working and dedicated craftsmen just because they were asked to do their job.

R U mad pepe?

I'd like to add that forming a group of enthusiasts wouldn't constitute a better product. In todays world cash, money rules the roost and very rarely is something created exceptionally well on a low budget.

Thirdly Microsoft owns 343i not the other way round so if you are planning to commit some sort of nacho cheese fueled coup focus your efforts over in the direction of the guys with the pressed suits and black Bentleys.

Fourthly.

Halo 5 was so bad that it makes Halo 4 look like Halo 3. Even worse Halo 5 was so bad that it makes my pile of chip map look like an actual Halo 3 DLC.

Dat ego tho.......

Are you seriously stating that your feeble attempt at custom content could be compared with a fully fledged H3DLC?

Honestly I need a h3h3 reaction video just to get over the trash you spew when a release goes to your head.

I actually felt a modicum of regret the day after your personal thread was locked but now I see it as personal favour to everyone attending this forum.

Hopefully your next release will include humble tags.
Edited by Super Flanker on Apr 25, 2016 at 09:38 AM

Halonimator

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 10:06 AM    Msg. 35 of 111       
Are you seriously stating that your feeble attempt at custom content could be compared with a fully fledged H3DLC?

Honestly I need a h3h3 reaction video just to get over the trash you spew when a release goes to your head.

I actually felt a modicum of regret the day after your personal thread was locked but now I see it as personal favour to everyone attending this forum.

That's true... they painted the warden eternal pink and said it was an new enemy (lazy and uninspired).

They could do for the next DLC a golem warden or rapid warden... But possibly they will not do anything ,the last 3 dlc have been mediocre even for 343i standarts.
Edited by Halonimator on Apr 25, 2016 at 10:09 AM

Hopefully your next release will include humble tags.
Edited by Super Flanker on Apr 25, 2016 at 09:38 AM

I need ideas for new bipeds (wildlife,flood,covenant and forerunners).

Edited by Halonimator on Apr 25, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu September 19, 2019 7:29 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website