A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »make a weapon not infinite ammo

Author Topic: make a weapon not infinite ammo (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

nathaninthailand

I like carbines. Too much probably.

Posted: May 4, 2016 11:35 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
So I downloaded the xm8 weapon tag, and I like the look of it and its ability to fire grenades. What I don't like is that is has infinite ammo. I checked the max ammo count in guerrilla, but it was only set to 600. In game however, it doesn't even need to reload. Anyone have an idea?
Also, where do you change the settings for the secondary gun, the grenade launcher?

Tnnaas

Venez voir maman. Avatar credit: kevinsano

Posted: May 4, 2016 03:11 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: nathaninthailand
I checked the max ammo count in guerrilla, but it was only set to 600.
Most weapons with a secondary fire like that use a secondary magazine. Be sure to check the dropdown under magazines in the weapon tag.

Edited by Tnnaas on May 4, 2016 at 03:15 PM

nathaninthailand

Posted: May 4, 2016 09:31 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Yeah, I got that, and the numbers for the secondary weapon, the grenades, were only at a maximum of 6. The numbers for the primary, a rifle type weapon, were set for 600. However, in game both have infinite ammo.
I didn't think about the drop down until your post, so thank you for that.

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: May 4, 2016 11:32 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Under trigger, check rounds per shot, or ammo per shot, or whatever. that should be set to at least 1.

nathaninthailand

Posted: May 4, 2016 11:51 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Okay, that worked. Thank you.
Out of curiosity, what would happen if i set the number to a decimal or a negative.

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: May 5, 2016 11:07 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Try it, then open the tag again and see if it reset the value to 0 or truncated the decimal.

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 06:11 AM    Msg. 7 of 7       
It might crash the game, there is something called floats and integers. Integer without a decimel, and a float with one.
If you push a float into an integer or vice versa it should crash unless you convert the type, tell me what happens.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 16, 2019 5:42 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website