A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure

Page 1 of 7 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · Next
Author Topic: [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure (230 messages, Page 1 of 7)
Moderators: Dennis

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 18, 2016 01:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 230       

After 3 years of long work, my campaign mod is finally here!

Launch Trailer: https://youtu.be/qEGSINKgI6g

What is SOI's Singleplayer Adventure?

SOI's Singleplayer Adventure is a complete overhaul of the original Halo CE campaign, which provides updated graphics and new features.

What will I find in this mod?

Every single aspect of the original campaign has been changed: characters, vehicles, weapons, even the BSP shaders and the musics. Other than aestethics, you will find also a wide range of weapons, each one with its unique functions. Assault Rifle has an attached grenade launcher (which acts like the Pro-Pipe from Reach), Rocket Launcher has an overcharged mode that fires faster rockets, Needler now is a burst-fire weapon, and so on. Vehicles have been improved as well, and same goes for the encounters and the actor_variants.

So, I'll just find some modified tags?

Of course not! You will also find some completely custom tags, new vehicles, new enemies and additional missions. You already had a shot of what I mean during the last CE3. You will also find new interesting hard-coded/tagged features, like vehicle boarding, three grenades, equipments and more.

Can this be considered as a CMT rip-off?

Both projects share some aspects, but they have different goals. SPv3 tries to provide its own sandbox with custom tags and enhanced visuals and functions powered by OS. My mod, on the other hand, just gives a new twist on the stock campaign, playing with both innovation and nostalgia. And, most of all, everything uses vanilla tags. No OS used.

Why didn't you use OS?

It was both a will to see how far I could have gone with the standard tags, and a desire to provide something accessible to everyone.

How did you make your tags?

Most of them are modified versions of existing tags available on Halomaps. The majority comes from Halo CE, 2 and 3. Of course there are other tags, plus the ones I made from scratch. You'll find all the credits at the bottom of this post.

Are these tags open sourced?

Yep! All the maps are unprotected, and that means that you can rip and use whatever you want!

Now, some cool pics for you:

Download Link:

a10: https://mega.nz/#!EMAVDLgS!HAc9GtTow_r90ABCCsyJjkEqGAxcruyzw1S2IOfd2s8

a30: https://mega.nz/#!5QYgSJhZ!Xv_WCtA-az1LtEbdwNq2XQXVe8o9NCFFv-s4xnr3Ubg

a50: https://mega.nz/#!RYoDRCAL!mk9JEOEPNnUnz55G54-gsqf5ReYiIjY8Tp7sdeRo9hw

b30: https://mega.nz/#!wdw2mZSK!ulLJSYpZsMSDIUOrQZmpgPfen-F_dGCoAR47oKsGygo

b40: https://mega.nz/#!scInVKIA!umCaHdGgplEOpeLopl2bYeUpBh_D0lQ3VEW6vlsHDso

c10: https://mega.nz/#!BcRAzRJY!CwFPWBfz5-4tyIipBQPbtcsQ2L465PaiEIMiHFfR9m8

c20: https://mega.nz/#!IE4mXQbT!XBRa2m0isDeMgxRwU7iE62BxNgAhV0dGjUeBfc-ruRI

c40: https://mega.nz/#!sMQDnYRZ!s1fIaZ1R--rdE811UNjc5kk1OBYSgtbsW1bg_rKq12k

d20: https://mega.nz/#!EFpw0BDB!FhSFGPR_l43OXCj3-sBEPIUuZU1uLb_maZENe23yIbk

d40: https://mega.nz/#!YNZ2GJRL!_JchKgntmH9LnD4xNDswsauv1RN_eIH86T4P_ClMtpc

Credits:

Firstly, I'd like to thank Advancebo, ShadowSlayer, Zteam, MMAMONSTERRR-D92209, Spartan-094 and everyone who ripped the H3 models that I used as base for my edits. Then, I'd like to thank the Adjutant team for their amazing tool, allowing me to get the resources I needed. I'd like to thank SorrySoldOut, too, for inspirating me with his awesome texture project. Special thanks also to CMT (in particular Teh Lag and Ifafudafi) and Zteam for their amazing tags; Hotcrusher1234 for his knife; DMT-HDoan for their H2 tags; Kommandant for his H3 marines; Rododo for his awesome particles, sceneries and actor_variants; Altis for his grass, particles and Falcon; Bourrin for his H3 Hunter and FP arms; Chocolate Thunda for his stellar HUD elements; Jesse for his H3 HUD; Lumoria team for the Drone animations; Extinction team for the Covenant AA Cannon; Matthewdratt for his dialogues; Beachparty for the original Juggernaut model; Koo294 for his Blind Wolf; Altheros for his contrails; Goldkilla for his Flood stuff; The Doctor for the Anniversary textures and masterchief117 for the Anniversary sounds; benjimod for his plant sceneries; GAIGHER for his sceneries; Peep210 for the Elephant tags; xKRONNiKx for the Albatros tags; ofthehill for his palm tree tags; Some guy from Halo General (?) for his H2 tag packs, and EJ Burke, Arteen, and PopeAK47 for their BSPs.

And, of course, special thanks to Echo77 for his massive suggestions and ideas about weapons and vehicles, Nex for patiently helping me with shaders and bug fixing, and the people from Halomaps who supported me with their feedback: Xtralaos, Dumb AI, Master Noob, xnx, greg079, Bobblehob, Rangerdanger, R93_Sniper, Spiral, Zobieking, Delicon20, 50predator50, MEGASEAN, clonecam117, WWLinkMasterX, TK421 and everyone else who helped me making this project a reality

-With love, SOI

IMPORTANT UPDATE

It seems that widescreen on HAC2 causes the exception errors on some maps for unknown reasons. If you have HAC2 installed, type hac_widescreen 0. I suggest also to disable HUD scaling on both HAC2 and Open Sauce, because the mod was not designed with that in mind. I hope to fix it in a future release

IMPORTANT UPDATE 2

A30 has been fixed, so it doesn't give exceptions anymore

IMPORTANT UPDATE 3

Version 2 is now available. Check the 6th page for more info
Edited by SOI_7 on Jul 19, 2016 at 03:51 PM

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: May 18, 2016 01:45 PM    Msg. 2 of 230       
Quote: After 3 years of long work, my campaign mod is finally here!

Unexpected release.
Edited by Halonimator on May 18, 2016 at 02:02 PM

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: May 18, 2016 01:49 PM    Msg. 3 of 230       
No open sauce 10/10
@halonimator, was quoting the whole thread really needed?

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: May 18, 2016 01:50 PM    Msg. 4 of 230       
The sun lens flare is pointing in the wrong direction.
bu
still gonna play, looks like a lot of fun

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: May 18, 2016 02:03 PM    Msg. 5 of 230       
Congrats on the release SOI! Cannot wait to play!

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: May 18, 2016 02:31 PM    Msg. 6 of 230       
I look forward to enjoying this when I'm not sleep deprived :D

shadowslayer123

Not the american average

Posted: May 18, 2016 02:54 PM    Msg. 7 of 230       
Excited to try this. Time to install CE again! I haven't touched it since TSC:E came out

Corpen

Sierra 612 - DIAC - "Why are we here?"

Posted: May 18, 2016 03:34 PM    Msg. 8 of 230       
Very nice now I have another thing to procrastinate form my revision, whoop whoop.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: May 18, 2016 03:46 PM    Msg. 9 of 230       
Haven't tried the HALO SSA but i'm looking forward to it come the weekend.

Thankyou soi ma boi.

Aer

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted: May 18, 2016 04:01 PM    Msg. 10 of 230       
Finally! I have been waiting for this

MrBoringCom

everything is boredem

Posted: May 18, 2016 05:15 PM    Msg. 11 of 230       
altis brought me here, i'm gonna try it

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: May 18, 2016 05:27 PM    Msg. 12 of 230       
Had a quick run through a30, I like your tag selection and graphical updates. Nice job.
It did exception for me on the BSP switch that's supposed to take place right after the light-bridge, but I'm guessing that may have been intentional since you had a fade-out going on, perhaps indicating a shortened level? Perhaps it just crashed because I don't have the next map in the campaign.

But yeah, I enjoyed my short playthrough of this old classic.

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: May 18, 2016 05:51 PM    Msg. 13 of 230       
Awesome! I hope this mod gets a lot of attention - it's pretty clear that you've put a lot of effort on this.

OP delivers!

MrBoringCom

everything is boredem

Posted: May 18, 2016 06:34 PM    Msg. 14 of 230       
this is awesome, but 2 bugs so far

-the compass is stuck on North

-a30 has an exception error when encountering a gate
Edited by MrBoringCom on May 18, 2016 at 06:38 PM
Edited by MrBoringCom on May 18, 2016 at 06:38 PM

EmmanuelCD

Using fox avatar since 1893

Posted: May 18, 2016 07:02 PM    Msg. 15 of 230       
At least! Very good job, man.

Thi is awesome, i will play it later on the weekend.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: May 18, 2016 07:46 PM    Msg. 16 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: MrBoringCom

Actually the compass corrisponds to verticle camera movement instead of horizontal, but I dont think thats something that can be fixed. (still a cool gimmick tho.)
Also I also get a crash on the gate on b30.

MrBoringCom

everything is boredem

Posted: May 18, 2016 08:14 PM    Msg. 17 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: MrBoringCom

Actually the compass corrisponds to verticle camera movement instead of horizontal, but I dont think thats something that can be fixed. (still a cool gimmick tho.)
Also I also get a crash on the gate on b30.
i guess some campagin missions has exceptions

http://imgur.com/cD7ceOF

http://imgur.com/jOGWqNG
Edited by MrBoringCom on May 18, 2016 at 08:51 PM

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: May 18, 2016 09:39 PM    Msg. 18 of 230       
wow, this just made my day, its a pitty that I'm not gonna have time to play it, what with a report to write by the end of today, but I know what my weekend is gonna involve.

gabrieloup

Posted: May 18, 2016 11:49 PM    Msg. 19 of 230       
So I tried this mod and played both A10 and A30 and completed them on Legendary already, and played a part of C20, testing all of the new weapons and cool stuff. First of all, I didn't encounter any of the crashes in A30. Since I firmly believe the maps themselves are fine, people with this problem should check their rigs and any program running besides Halo CE and find the solution to the problem elsewhere. Try re-installing the game and play the game normally. Then test it out slowly with any other addons (such as ENB series or OpenSauce, you know, these types of 3rd party programs) and see what's wrong for yourselves. Don't bother the author and end this discussion here in order to avoid any misunderstandings. And now for some actual first impressions to the mod :

This mod feels like Halo 3 ODST on stereoids, with some Reach and Halo 3 stuff layed on top of it all. Literally. It's REALLY fricking good! The gameplay feels EXACTLY like Halo 3 ODST, except there's no VISR mode, which I honestly don't care about, and instead, it's replaced by LOTS OF HUGE GUNS AND EQUIPMENTS! RIP AND LOOT! RIP AND LOOT YOUR AMMO! And there's also a flashlight function (duh). The maps feel like Halo 4 : Bungie's Cut Edition. They're awesome, and the new BSPs even re-create some of the best scenes of Halo 4, complete with dialogue and everything, except it's even better and without all the annoying cliché drama! The music is a mix of fan favorite 2, 3, 4, ODST and Reach songs and they REALLY fit the scenes they're put in, which makes me wonder how the heck I played Halo 1 all these years without hearing to these songs at the same time. They now make the original scenes look like a complete joke by comparison and I can hardly see myself ever playing vanilla Halo 1 again, let alone Halo Anniversary. The new textures and models for minor details is certainly appreciated, such as Keyes finally having a different look to him, which is not common in most Halo CE mods. Unfortunately, since it's midnight and my internet refuses to be competent with me, I'm unable to download any other maps at the moment, so I'm stuck with A10, A30 and C20, and I won't record anything for today. So I'll have to wait until tomorrow to do everything (including apologizing for my goddamn school director for being sick these days), downloading the rest of the files, record the maps and hope they don't crash with FRAPs. Fingers crossed again.

So far, it's a 10/10 mod. The only issue I have with it is the transitions with the new BSPs, which interrupt the gameplay in the normal maps (for example, in one instance you're walking through a tunnel and SUDDENLY you get teleported into a completely different map with no transition in-between), and even that's not enough to even remotely flinch my judgement of this mod. It's 10/10. It's literally the equivalent of what Brutal Doom is to Doom. This mod delivers on the original promise that pre-Xbox Halo was supposed to have but never did since it became something else. This is literally THE true successor to Marathon Infinity. If this was a paid game for Xbox One, I'd fricking BUY the console JUST to play this. SOI, you, won. And it took you JUST 3 years to make this. Amazing. A lot of people with whole TEAMS waste decades making mods that end up being complete garbage or end up being incomplete gibberish. In the end, I just hope Halo CMT SPV3 doesn't overshadow this mod, because this mod ALSO deserves a lot of positive attention from the media, because I feel like it has much more ambition and originality compared to SPV3. Yeah yeah it may not look like an AAA Halo game like SPV3 does (instead, this screams "FAN-MADE" but in a proper way that's actually really badass) and it doesn't have all the shinny features offered by OpenSauce, and all the BLAH BLAH BLAH graphics and WORT WORT WORT gimmicky stuff, but who cares. There's wild-life at least, something that SPV3 doesn't have, which I HONESTLY LOVE IT! This is a bigger achievement than SPV3 in my point of view. Making a campaign mod based on Halo 3 and Reach alone with unlimited access to the engine, complete with an entire team of professionals is easy, but making a mod BY YOURSELF that combines Halo 2, 3, Reach, ODST, Wars and 4 features into one file system with limitations is hard and should be considered a much bigger achievement. Congratulations.

And hey, about that Assault Rifle + Grenade Launcher weapon in the mod, did anyone get reminded of Marathon's MA-75 Assault Rifle/Grenade Launcher? No? I feel old already.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: May 19, 2016 12:16 AM    Msg. 20 of 230       
Super excited to give this a go.
Congrats SOI on your release!

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: May 19, 2016 01:35 AM    Msg. 21 of 230       
Wait...

Did you just make vehicle boarding in vanilla CE?

Awesome :3

ChieftainSnipe

I like Halo with Controllers

Posted: May 19, 2016 02:25 AM    Msg. 22 of 230       
lmao, i can't even board an enemy ghost. is this a scam?

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 19, 2016 06:05 AM    Msg. 23 of 230       
Thank you all for your enthusiasm! I can't believe you appreciate it so much!

I've seen that some people are experiencing some weird exceptions on a30, even if it doesn't happen to everyone (myself included, that's why I was not aware of it). I'll investigate on it, although I probably have an hypothesis about it: since it's the only transition zone where you are teleported together with a vehicle, probably the warthog physics are causing the issue once it falls on the ground after the teleport, or maybe it's the instantaneous vehicle_load_magic after the teleportation.
I'll see what I can do, in case I won't find something better I'll probably end up with a door device that you need to activate in order to open the gate, so that you're forced to get out of the warthog before the transition.

Matt is uploading the maps on HMU, btw

Oskarmandude

Make Halomaps Fully Hectic Again

Posted: May 19, 2016 06:26 AM    Msg. 24 of 230       
What you've been able to do without OS is amazing. I think that a little push from OS would make this even better.

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: May 19, 2016 07:32 AM    Msg. 25 of 230       
Would be nice to have seen at lwast OS shaders.

Either way, could you package all the maps in one upload?

gabrieloup

Posted: May 19, 2016 07:55 AM    Msg. 26 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Thank you all for your enthusiasm! I can't believe you appreciate it so much!

I've seen that some people are experiencing some weird exceptions on a30, even if it doesn't happen to everyone (myself included, that's why I was not aware of it). I'll investigate on it, although I probably have an hypothesis about it: since it's the only transition zone where you are teleported together with a vehicle, probably the warthog physics are causing the issue once it falls on the ground after the teleport, or maybe it's the instantaneous vehicle_load_magic after the teleportation.
I'll see what I can do, in case I won't find something better I'll probably end up with a door device that you need to activate in order to open the gate, so that you're forced to get out of the warthog before the transition.

Matt is uploading the maps on HMU, btw

Since you've come to this conclusion, I believe the problem may be that, since I didn't use the warthog, hence why I maybe didn't crash. Your solution to the problem is quite good and, actually, offers a more passive transition to the next BSP rather than just being teleported out of thin air while going somewhere. However, I'll still test this out myself by using the warthog and driving through the "teleport" zones rather than walking through them. For now, I can't help but suggest people to get out of the warthog after activating the light bridge and not use one afterwards until you get to the "Reunion Tour" chapter, in which case you'll have to find one of them laying around.

lolslayer

Posted: May 19, 2016 07:56 AM    Msg. 27 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Would be nice to have seen at least OS shaders.

^ (both)

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 19, 2016 10:33 AM    Msg. 28 of 230       
a30 has been changed. Check the updated link in the OP and see if the exception still occurs

You may want to wait for tomorrow, I'm afraid. The mod is almost 2 GBs and takes a whole day to upload

gabrieloup

Posted: May 19, 2016 11:43 AM    Msg. 29 of 230       
a30 has been changed. Check the updated link in the OP and see if the exception still occurs

You may want to wait for tomorrow, I'm afraid. The mod is almost 2 GBs and takes a whole day to upload

One more thing : while playing B30, I noticed that there's no new environments like in CMT SPV2 B30 (which had a whole new area once you get inside the cartographer building, not to me confused with the building that opens the locked door in the cartographer building). Why is that? Did all the tag space fill up or something?

Super Flanker

Posted: May 19, 2016 11:49 AM    Msg. 30 of 230       
The mod is almost 2 GBs and takes a whole day to upload

Save your net, I'll do it.

Bored any ways.

BlackSabbath

"Please believe me my love, and I'll show you"

Posted: May 19, 2016 11:50 AM    Msg. 31 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Save your net, I'll do it.

Super Flanker

Posted: May 19, 2016 11:55 AM    Msg. 32 of 230       
HALO SSA Packaged download

Select everything.

Right click.

Standard Download.

Your welcome peeps.

lolslayer

Posted: May 19, 2016 11:58 AM    Msg. 33 of 230       

Select everything.

Right click.

Standard Download.

Your welcome peeps.

Man, I've just downloaded it all manually -.-

Super Flanker

Posted: May 19, 2016 12:03 PM    Msg. 34 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

- Y U NO SNIP -

Cheer up buttercup you now have +7 dexterity. (and carpal tunnel o.o)
Edited by Super Flanker on May 19, 2016 at 12:04 PM

lolslayer

Posted: May 19, 2016 12:08 PM    Msg. 35 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Wanker

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

Select everything.

Right click.

Standard Download.

Your welcome peeps.

Cheer up buttercup you now have +7 dexterity. (and carpal tunnel o.o)

It's something!

Page 1 of 7 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 20, 2017 5:05 PM 390 ms.
A Halo Maps Website