A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure

Page 4 of 7 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · 7 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure (230 messages, Page 4 of 7)
Moderators: Dennis

fried0kra

Posted: May 25, 2016 04:19 PM    Msg. 106 of 230       
somehow I'm not able to trigger the event on the first level where you're supposed to shoot missiles or something. Any reason why this is?

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: May 25, 2016 05:18 PM    Msg. 107 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: fried0kra
somehow I'm not able to trigger the event on the first level where you're supposed to shoot missiles or something. Any reason why this is?

You have to be like inside the model for you to get the prompt.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: May 25, 2016 05:28 PM    Msg. 108 of 230       
Took me a while to figure it out too. You walk into the gun models and if you do it just right you get that prompt.

gabrieloup

Posted: May 25, 2016 06:12 PM    Msg. 109 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: fried0kra

You have to be like inside the model for you to get the prompt.

You have to clear the Covenant troops from the lower hangar (you know, when Cortana tells you to "CLEAR OUT THOSE COVENANT!"). If you move directly for the cannons and activate them, the scripts f@*k up and you'll be stuck in an endless cutscene loop with the Phantom blowing up over and over, since the two cutscenes "merge" into each other, and since the script of using the turret is activated, there would be no way to trigger the "objective" to pass on to the next area, so even if the cutscenes weren't a problem, you would still be stuck to the hangar indefinitely. The only fix for this would be making the turret act as a normal "switch" and remove the cutscenes, degrading the overall quality of that amazing scene. You just need to follow Cortana's orders and THEN activate the turret how you wish. As a matter of fact, I think (since I didn't try this) you can move on to the top of the hangar area, kill the enemies below, trigger the cutscene and THEN activate the turret, so the level could be a lot easier even on Legendary, since you would be able to skip the Ranger Elites, Ranger Grunts and Ranger Jackals all-together. If that works, that is. Keep looking for them Covies. If nothing above works, I'd be interested to know about it.

Crossbow SR

Be honest with yourself

Posted: May 26, 2016 11:59 AM    Msg. 110 of 230       
All of ur maps that i test giving me "gathering exception data" i cant play anything......even when i get to some point throws me out i check and re-check but still nothing,dont tell me turn of ur antivirus,and see if that might works,because this is "..."if i let my pc unprotected......thats....anyway how could u be able to play it you only went to some point to take screenshots and came back here to post ur maps,that are unplayble all of them.... u check it urself u see i bet that some errors,and you decide to put us all in line,nothing plays! nothing! you want me draw you that?
Edited by Crossbow SR on May 26, 2016 at 12:01 PM

gabrieloup

Posted: May 26, 2016 03:49 PM    Msg. 111 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: Crossbow SR

All of ur maps that i test giving me "gathering exception data" i cant play anything......even when i get to some point throws me out i check and re-check but still nothing,dont tell me turn of ur antivirus,and see if that might works,because this is "..."if i let my pc unprotected......thats....anyway how could u be able to play it you only went to some point to take screenshots and came back here to post ur maps,that are unplayble all of them.... u check it urself u see i bet that some errors,and you decide to put us all in line,nothing plays! nothing! you want me draw you that?

Yelling + Bad Grammar =/= Solution.
Do the math.

Test out if this is only happening with SOI's map in particular. Try downloading CMT SPV2/ANTRAX maps and see if they cause crashes as well before screaming like a death metal lead singer with bad breath.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: May 26, 2016 04:40 PM    Msg. 112 of 230       
Bad screeching sound is often an indicator a user corrupted their sounds.map. Likely from improperly compiling a .yelo map.

Tech

Posted: May 27, 2016 02:09 AM    Msg. 113 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: gabrieloup

Do the math.

Test out if this is only happening with SOI's map in particular. Try downloading CMT SPV2/ANTRAX maps and see if they cause crashes as well before screaming like a death metal lead singer with bad breath.

You should maybe check if other people are having the same problem before sayings "mod is failure you no test"
I have issues boarding vehicles , but , most other people board perfectly.
Edited by Tech on May 27, 2016 at 02:11 AM

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 27, 2016 07:06 AM    Msg. 114 of 230       
Alright, guys. Here are the multiple a30 builds for testing:

https://mega.nz/#!9ExUiQxT!WCYbsgYL3KhchmVeYVBTJDFfDlwp0AZE9z-lCh1vzGg

These four maps use different methods for the extra_mission. You need to figure out which one works without causing exceptions.

-"a30_standard" is the current build available on Halomaps. It teleports the warthog together with the player

-"a30_nowarthog" teleports only the player

-"warthog_spawned" teleports the player and creates a new warthog from scratch in the extended part

-"different_location" teleports the player in a different part of the bsp without spawning any warthog

Good luck and let me know

Alex Hce

Posted: May 27, 2016 07:20 AM    Msg. 115 of 230       
Please SOI , corrects errors of B40 and C40 maps , HUD becomes black , and do not load the animations , it looks very ugly that, and does not cause play those maps as well.

tanju77

Doing moderator's job

Posted: May 27, 2016 08:23 AM    Msg. 116 of 230       
Perhaps it would be better to improve your crazy grammar, before giving crit isn't?

gabrieloup

Posted: May 27, 2016 10:39 AM    Msg. 117 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tech

Do the math.

You should maybe check if other people are having the same problem before sayings "mod is failure you no test"

I also have issues with boarding vehicles. But then again, I'm not yelling about it and I did try to research what could be the problem, and I even made a reply about it in this very topic with a possible solution. Again, if people are having such trouble as not even being able to RUN the mod in the first place, they have a BIG problem, and as such, SHOULD, nay, NEED to test out if this also happens in other maps, primarily CMT SPV2. If you can run CMT SPV2 properly BUT can't run SOI's Campaign mod, then you may complain and b**ch about it all day long. Otherwise, wait in line because SOI's having a ton of problems with this mod and the last thing we'd need to turn all of this into a nightmare is when a bunch of uneducated fools start spamming and yelling in incoherent grammar with problems that MAY even be basic problems regarding the user. Please understand what I'm saying.

With that said, I need to remind everyone that Halo PC (and it's later derivative Custom Edition) is an old game (seriously, it's 13 years old!!), and as such, could be starting to be incompatible with some recent computer configurations. I dunno how the community will solve that if there's no source code for Halo 1 (as far as I know) but, again, for the 1.000.000th time : I had multiple laptops and most of them were simply unable to run the game. The first laptop ran the game REALLY WELL at first, but after installing some weird files that came with the Lumoria campaign, the game was UNABLE to run ANY maps AT ALL. Not even a MULTIPLAYER map. SERIOUSLY! And then I tried the EXACT same game installation in another computer, it worked fine and never crashed. And then I reverted the settings of the game in the older laptop and it STILL didn't work, and for some reason, the old laptop refused to install Halo CE 1.10. And now I have a third laptop and it ran the old Halo CE installation with lots of bugs, so I reinstalled everything and it works fine.

I can't stress this out enough : YOU NEED TO BE 100% SURE THAT THE PROBLEMS REGARDING THE MOD ARE PROBLEMS WITH THE MOD ITSELF AND NOT FROM ANYTHING ELSE. I'm sure that there's a problem with vehicle boarding because I researched and then tested everything with lots of different settings, so I KNOW that there's a problem there. But not being able to run the mod AT ALL is very suspicious and NEEDS more researching and testing from the part of the people who are complaining about these kind of problems because it could be a small detail that everyone is forgetting about. Without proper cooperation from the troubled users, this mod will NOT be fixed, period. You can't fix something that isn't seemingly broken. You can only fix a boat when you SEE a hole in the boat. Pinning everything with nails might not even solve the problem, and instead, could make the problem WORSE than it really is.

MrCool

Keep it clean

Posted: May 27, 2016 01:15 PM    Msg. 118 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7

These four maps use different methods for the extra_mission. You need to figure out which one works without causing exceptions.

-"a30_standard" is the current build available on Halomaps. It teleports the warthog together with the player

-"warthog_spawned" teleports the player and creates a new warthog from scratch in the extended part

-"different_location" teleports the player in a different part of the bsp without spawning any warthog

Do you need any help? I don't know that I can be entirely dependable, but maybe me or someone here can help.

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 27, 2016 02:29 PM    Msg. 119 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: MrCool

Do you need any help? I don't know that I can be entirely dependable, but maybe me or someone here can help.

Would love it. Point is, I'm trying to fix an exception error that doesn't occur on my computer, so I'm trying to see what can be the cause... that's why I've posted these maps

Tech

Posted: May 28, 2016 08:44 AM    Msg. 120 of 230       
Why doesn't Johnson have armor in his speech? He DOES have armor in game, just not in the speech.
Edited by Tech on May 28, 2016 at 10:54 PM

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: May 28, 2016 09:50 AM    Msg. 121 of 230       
Johnson doesn't need no armor. His skin is his armor.

gabrieloup

Posted: May 28, 2016 10:25 AM    Msg. 122 of 230       
Why doesn't Johnson have armor in his speech? There IS an armored version.

Why does Johnson suddenly loose his armor in the level "Halo" if he had armor during the events of the Pillar of Autumn? As a matter of fact, why there's absolutely 0% armored marines (except for the gunner in the Warthog) in the original "Halo" level if they were ALL armored in the previous level? Consistency, man!

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: May 29, 2016 01:27 AM    Msg. 123 of 230       

Ehehehe. Well, i tried all four of those maps, the result however, is still the same. I tried to use my previous combinations just so I could get to the new bsp, but as said, it will cause an error.

HeyPiRon

Posted: May 29, 2016 06:22 AM    Msg. 124 of 230       
Holy cow! This mod is great, I like it, but last level is a kind of dissapinting mess... Strange 3-leg kinda boss is pain it the ass! Somtimes cutscenes are not loading. And last part of leveel justunreal to pass for me. Flood and covenant just blow my car to pieces before I reach first chekpoint! Entire campaign is really great, not perfect, but really great. But last level... I don't know... It's too hard, sorry. I can't finish it...

Spartan314

Posted: May 29, 2016 06:54 AM    Msg. 125 of 230       
Just beat 343 Guilty Spark. Loved the mini jump scares you had in there.

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: May 29, 2016 07:27 AM    Msg. 126 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Just beat 343 Guilty Spark. Loved the mini jump scares you had in there.

That probably "dead" flood form in that scene quite gave me the jump. And the Infection scene. I guess I'm not the only one who was a little surprised by those.

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 29, 2016 05:15 PM    Msg. 127 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: OctaVinyl
Ehehehe. Well, i tried all four of those maps, the result however, is still the same. I tried to use my previous combinations just so I could get to the new bsp, but as said, it will cause an error.

At this point, I really don't know what to do... although Masterz told me that -at least to him- if you get the exception and then re-load the checkpoint, it doesn't crash

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: May 29, 2016 10:37 PM    Msg. 128 of 230       

http://www.pikeo.pe/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/ask-ideas.jpg

At this point, I really don't know what to do... although Masterz told me that -at least to him- if you get the exception and then re-load the checkpoint, it doesn't crash

Well, I kinda did try one more thing. It's to play spv2 then play SOI again. Well, whenever I do that, it works. After playing and completing SOI a30, it starts creating exceptions. Odd considering that a30 (at least for me) is a one time play level. All the others work fine though.

RadWolfie

Programmer

Posted: May 29, 2016 11:28 PM    Msg. 129 of 230       
Please excuse my extremely big images if it occur to your browser's screen. They are screenshot by steam.

Cowering for no reason at the bridge?

Marine's twisted wrist... why must do this? Ayy...

Weapon HUD section is at wrong location, seems you're using couple of single layers instead of individual layer hud for it.

Showing part of biped arm on right side when wield a plasma rifle.

Other than that, I love the texture of PoA, both inside & out, and a30 grassy area. Much better than original texture. I see you had some nice surprises in it, only thing I didn't expect an encounter inside one of the prisoner cell. Good work so far!

As for exception...
* a30 crashed when attempt to reach other side of the tunnel.
* a50 crashed when about to prepare several waves just after rescued Captain Keyes.

Didn't continue on since those crash ruined the mood.

Edit: Oh yeah, for easy & normal mode in a10 map. There seems no voice sound except for their jaw motion soon as you get out of the cryotube.
Edited by RadWolfie on May 29, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Spartan314

Posted: May 30, 2016 03:50 AM    Msg. 130 of 230       
You have to turn off Open Sauce's HUD scaling to fix the weapon HUD section.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: May 30, 2016 04:03 AM    Msg. 131 of 230       

Do the math.

I also have issues with boarding vehicles. But then again, I'm not yelling about it and I did try to research what could be the problem, and I even made a reply about it in this very topic with a possible solution. Again, if people are having such trouble as not even being able to RUN the mod in the first place, they have a BIG problem, and as such, SHOULD, nay, NEED to test out if this also happens in other maps, primarily CMT SPV2. If you can run CMT SPV2 properly BUT can't run SOI's Campaign mod, then you may complain and b**ch about it all day long. Otherwise, wait in line because SOI's having a ton of problems with this mod and the last thing we'd need to turn all of this into a nightmare is when a bunch of uneducated fools start spamming and yelling in incoherent grammar with problems that MAY even be basic problems regarding the user. Please understand what I'm saying.

With that said, I need to remind everyone that Halo PC (and it's later derivative Custom Edition) is an old game (seriously, it's 13 years old!!), and as such, could be starting to be incompatible with some recent computer configurations. I dunno how the community will solve that if there's no source code for Halo 1 (as far as I know) but, again, for the 1.000.000th time : I had multiple laptops and most of them were simply unable to run the game. The first laptop ran the game REALLY WELL at first, but after installing some weird files that came with the Lumoria campaign, the game was UNABLE to run ANY maps AT ALL. Not even a MULTIPLAYER map. SERIOUSLY! And then I tried the EXACT same game installation in another computer, it worked fine and never crashed. And then I reverted the settings of the game in the older laptop and it STILL didn't work, and for some reason, the old laptop refused to install Halo CE 1.10. And now I have a third laptop and it ran the old Halo CE installation with lots of bugs, so I reinstalled everything and it works fine.

I can't stress this out enough : YOU NEED TO BE 100% SURE THAT THE PROBLEMS REGARDING THE MOD ARE PROBLEMS WITH THE MOD ITSELF AND NOT FROM ANYTHING ELSE. I'm sure that there's a problem with vehicle boarding because I researched and then tested everything with lots of different settings, so I KNOW that there's a problem there. But not being able to run the mod AT ALL is very suspicious and NEEDS more researching and testing from the part of the people who are complaining about these kind of problems because it could be a small detail that everyone is forgetting about. Without proper cooperation from the troubled users, this mod will NOT be fixed, period. You can't fix something that isn't seemingly broken. You can only fix a boat when you SEE a hole in the boat. Pinning everything with nails might not even solve the problem, and instead, could make the problem WORSE than it really is.

It's almost as if you don't know what you are talking about and everything you say is wrong.

Your attempts to help are just going to misguide people and confuse them. Seriously, stop helping because you are already making things worse for SOI and myself. I'm tired of getting PMs from people who think your posts have even an ounce of truth and having to explain to them that the problems have nothing to do with anything they have done.

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 30, 2016 04:25 AM    Msg. 132 of 230       

http://www.pikeo.pe/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/ask-ideas.jpg

Well, I kinda did try one more thing. It's to play spv2 then play SOI again. Well, whenever I do that, it works. After playing and completing SOI a30, it starts creating exceptions. Odd considering that a30 (at least for me) is a one time play level. All the others work fine though.

Perhaps a corrupted savegame? Either that or the custom BSP itself. In both cases, I'll investigate further

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: May 30, 2016 06:16 AM    Msg. 133 of 230       

Perhaps a corrupted savegame? Either that or the custom BSP itself. In both cases, I'll investigate further

I doubt that it's a save file. I always press new game when it comes to map errors. As for looking further, I might go at it as well. Most probably a30 hates me.

RadWolfie

Programmer

Posted: May 30, 2016 05:36 PM    Msg. 134 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
Did your monitor just got wider while playing?

No, first two images are from window mode. Other two are full screen with native resolution. Or... maybe going to next level just...made...it...wider? Who knows?

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
You have to turn off Open Sauce's HUD scaling to fix the weapon HUD section.

True for this build, however it seem he is accepting any bug reports. Quote from OP below.

It seems that widescreen on HAC2 causes the exception errors on some maps for unknown reasons. If you have HAC2 installed, type hac_widescreen 0.

How can this cause an exception? First two screenshots are regular Halo running, yet it crashed in middle fo gameplay on a30 map. Other two are from Open Sauce mod running on a50 map which then crashed in middle of gameplay.

I suggest also to disable HUD scaling on both HAC2 and Open Sauce, because the mod was not designed with that in mind. I hope to fix it in a future release

Soi, didn't see you mention you will fix it in future release. My bad, you can use my screenshots for reference.

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 30, 2016 06:28 PM    Msg. 135 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: RadWolfie
It seems that widescreen on HAC2 causes the exception errors on some maps for unknown reasons. If you have HAC2 installed, type hac_widescreen 0.

How can this cause an exception? First two screenshots are regular Halo running, yet it crashed in middle fo gameplay on a30 map. Other two are from Open Sauce mod running on a50 map which then crashed in middle of gameplay.

Well, OctaVinyl signaled me that he wasn't able to run any map with hac_widescreen 0, so I thought it was something that could happen to everyone with HAC2 installed. I'd like to point out, though, that actually not everyone here is experiencing the same problem. Some users didn't find a single exception during their run (myself included), others, on the other hand, do. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on, especially with a30.

Multiple users complained about the lack of HUD scaling, so it will definitely be included in the next build

Your resolution is monstrous, btw O.O

RadWolfie

Programmer

Posted: May 30, 2016 09:51 PM    Msg. 136 of 230       
Perhaps it has to do with in-between the original campaign and your modified "extended" version for the script itself? It would be nice to have an app to keep track of previous command executed inside the script to tell which the last command is caused to crash.

That's good to hear, hoping to play your next build with my 21:9 ratio monitor.

Monstrous? I thought it's just 2 monitors combo into 21:9 ratio monitor? Oh wait, it's just one monitor using 21:9 ratio... ;)

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: May 30, 2016 10:44 PM    Msg. 137 of 230       
Hey hey I've got an idea!

Why doesn't someone... Record the crash :o

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: May 30, 2016 11:15 PM    Msg. 138 of 230       
Soi's Sp adventure is good. but the mod has bad transitions between BSP's.

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: May 31, 2016 01:15 AM    Msg. 139 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Seems like you have something pointing out there. I doubt that my Fraps could handle that.

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: May 31, 2016 01:17 AM    Msg. 140 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Seems like you have something pointing out there. I doubt that my Fraps could handle that.

I'm not sure what you mean. But anyway, I record with Nvidia Shadowplay, it looks good and can also be set to manually record when toggled, or record the past (certain amount of time)

filesizes are phenomenally smaller than FRAPS

Page 4 of 7 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · 7 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 23, 2017 8:37 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website